Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Has the expansion got you excited?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
05-10-2006, 7:53 AM
Some great screenshots and trailer were released today and personally everything looks exciting as ever.

Seeing the sheer size of the Super Star Destroyer makes all Imperial Admirals rub their hands with excitement as the Rebel scum look to be doomed. How will the Alliance counter this new threat? Will the B-Wing be enough? Can Boba Fett take out scores of them with his charges?

What of the population limit? This must be raised to allow enough ships to defend and counter other units during battle. Having the Underworld as a new faction is a great idea. Imagine controlling all the scum in the galaxy....but will Boba Fett remain loyal to the Empire?

All these questions!!!!

DMUK
 Darth_Extas
05-10-2006, 8:00 AM
Yes more then ever. The idea of finally being able to control the eclipse is something else. Hope you have not forgotten about me, I have not posted in a while. It is one of two things that have been excited right now. The other is the map editor. Another question to add is, how will the rebels counter the eclipse because it is although not canon, the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. I believe Boba is a pirate after the death of the emperor. the SSD might be able to be countered with something of a "trench" run to the command deck, or just crash a a-wing into it. Just the current events going on right now, have be excited.
 Destroyder121
05-10-2006, 8:42 AM
The Clonewars era weaponry Zann seems to be possessing definately got me exited, and the whole guerilla tactic side to the Pirates..
 Igor_Cavkov
05-10-2006, 9:39 AM
HEL YEAH! man this game looks awesome and with all those new features!!! man i must upgrade or buy new computer now =)
 lukeiamyourdad
05-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes.

All that needed to be said has been said :)
 wedge2211
05-10-2006, 12:51 PM
but will Boba Fett remain loyal to the Empire?
I'm sure he will...as long as they keep paying him more than anyone else can!

...Though one of the screenshots does show Boba Fett as an underworld hero on the galactic map.
 Solid Snake
05-10-2006, 3:37 PM
im so stoked!!!! we can use vader's baby to crush the rebel scum :)
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-10-2006, 4:43 PM
...Though one of the screenshots does show Boba Fett as an underworld hero on the galactic map.

That's probably just a placeholder icon for an Underworld hero that wasn't finished yet. Boba Fett's head makes a nice stub :)
 Foshjedi2004
05-10-2006, 5:43 PM
Why aren't you having Separate Mando Squads?? That would please a few members of the Mando Community ;D
 Xyvik
05-10-2006, 5:54 PM
Excited? I'm already looking for the pre-order button :D
 GhOsT-Jedi
05-10-2006, 6:39 PM
No offence to the guys, but I'm more excited about LoW than the expansion, because well, the size just doesn't look right in the expansion, and the guys at LoW clam they are going to make everything just "right" ;)
 Jeff
05-10-2006, 7:02 PM
I'm definitely excited about the expansion. I was a bit disappointed at first with EaW so this should be a nice change :)
 Slocket
05-10-2006, 7:24 PM
Excited? You need to asK? :)
 DarkLeeLee
05-10-2006, 9:53 PM
no Offence guys but the first one was a shocker it was half ar*se and i really cant see the second being any better, i just hope they prove me wrong
 aggie_john
05-11-2006, 1:23 AM
I am excited. To be honest the best star wars games added to the story not the ones who simply followed it. The pirates combine the old and the new pretty good. We get all our sweet wish list units like SSD and b-wings. Right now I am excited. The more cool features they add the more my wallet opens to the corrupt side of the force. Though I still plan to play as the empire.
 Xyvik
05-11-2006, 2:20 AM
No offence to the guys, but I'm more excited about LoW than the expansion, because well, the size just doesn't look right in the expansion, and the guys at LoW clam they are going to make everything just "right" ;)

That's what Jugg always claims, but honestly there is no way they will be able to balance that behemoth. Let the pros do it, unless you're going to do something original :)

Things I'm looking forward to:

1)A third side (which a mod can't give you properly yet)

2)Cloaking (which, as far as I know, a mod can't give you yet)

3)A new way of conquering the galaxy (which a mod can't give you just yet)

4)A ton of new units and stuff(which a mod can give, just not yet)

Don't get me wrong, the guys at LoW are doing a great job...but an official expansion is what we need. We'll just have to wait and see :)
 wedge2211
05-11-2006, 12:17 PM
no Offence guys but the first one was a shocker it was half ar*se and i really cant see the second being any better, i just hope they prove me wrong
You're basing your opinion on an unreleased, still-in-development expansion on the fact that you didn't like the original? There's no reason why an expansion can't be better than the original.
 Palpatine_dc
05-11-2006, 1:37 PM
When I first heard of an expansion coming with an SSD in it, I was excited. When I saw the trailer my jaw dropped through my desk... WOW, just wow!

Just look what's allready confirmed: 3rd fraction, Executor class SSD, the Eclipse SSD (the most powerfull warship in the EU, ever), Death Star 2, New heroes (Nightsister, Luke and Yoda). I'd start drooling for less...
 Darth Anarch
05-12-2006, 3:00 PM
Does it ever have me excited! I can't wait to get my hands on this baby. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many people are so negative about it. Every single thing I've seen about it looks incredibly promising. Base customization, a whole new faction, new units, new heroes, bigger maps, additional rules... I ask you, what's not to love?
 magna mandaloe
05-12-2006, 3:10 PM
Yes I Pissed my pants like 4 TIMES WHEN I SAW IT ESPECIALLY the ECLIPSE SUPER STAR DESTROYER AND SUPER STAR DESTROYER!!!!! I like the Dark troopers though with the galaxies look :)

But I still say that the Legacy of war SSD looks better! And I told all of you they are making a expansion now SHOWER me in gifts! lol
 Commander Obi-Wan
05-13-2006, 1:02 AM
I think I am getting interested in this......especially with that SSSD thing.....
 wedge2211
05-13-2006, 2:41 PM
Okay, I was getting exicted already...but I finally got a chance to see the E3 presentation video, and now I'm totally hooked!
 Darth Plagus
05-13-2006, 3:12 PM
You're basing your opinion on an unreleased, still-in-development expansion on the fact that you didn't like the original? There's no reason why an expansion can't be better than the original.

I agree there is no reason it cant be better but an even better way of saying it would be....It HAS to be better.....What would be the point of releasing an expansion that made the game worse rather than good? Trust me, a company with G. man lucas in charge WOULD not shoot themselves in the foot like that lmao.

The expansion should be considered an entirely new game in my opinion, not just an expansion...BUT expansions are cheaper so i aint complaining lol
 Athanasios
05-13-2006, 3:28 PM
It better require EaW and not be stand-alone. Because, if it is stand-alone, the guys in LEC will be laughing at us while eating hamburgers and saying "Ho ho, they paid 50 bucks to buy an intetionally unfinished game and now they're paying 50 bucks to get the finished one, ho ho!"

Darth Plagus
05-13-2006, 3:33 PM
It better require EaW and not be stand-alone. Because, if it is stand-alone, the guys in LEC will be laughing at us while eating hamburgers and saying "Ho ho, they paid 50 bucks to buy an intetionally unfinished game and now they're paying 50 bucks to get the finished one, ho ho!"

ya but considering the amount of money ive already given to the lucas companies (3 different editions of the original movies, all the dvds, almost every game from every console and pc, seeing the movies 3-5 times or more at the theaters etc etc...) whats another $50? lmao
 Athanasios
05-13-2006, 3:36 PM
It's a matter of how they treat customers and the results.

Especially if other games will be strolling around that time (since Q2 and Q4 of a year is the period when most games are released).
 Destroyder121
05-13-2006, 3:40 PM
Darth Plagus, its not just the one $50 that matters, but when it goes over tens of thousands of 50$'s, it matters.

I think that the game will require EAW though, since so far its been called "expansion", not sequel.
 Apocalypse|TFL
05-13-2006, 3:44 PM

This is my stance too. I would prefer they fix this game up first.

If they are having so much trouble fixing this game plus the absolutely dire online system, what hope is there that will make a better expansion? Don't forget the online system will also be used on Gamespy too, need I say more?
 Darth Plagus
05-13-2006, 3:47 PM
oh i completely understand the 'ethics' side of the argument, what i really wanted to address were the people complaining (already) about having to pay for the expansion, when like you said the original game they bought (in their opinion) was unfinished.

I was reading on one of the forums about people complaining about having to pay even 20 bucks for the expansion, but if you think about it...even 50 bucks, isnt that much. I mean 50 dollars doesnt even fill up my car for a week anymore.... and an RTS game gives me a lot more enjoyment than driving lol

BUT, yes i completely agree with you, FOC needs to be an expansion...That is, if they dont fix the original EAW game....i am a game player...not a game creator, so i have no idea about the XMLs or anything like that, but if they could incorperate the SSD and more advanced ships/units for rebellion and empire into EAW with a patch or something, then they should and could take the FOC and make it EAW 2 or something, but that probably isnt possible with anything but an expansion, so there we go
 Darth Anarch
05-13-2006, 7:07 PM
It is an expansion, not a stand-alone title. The full title is "Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption", not "Empire at War 2: Forces of Corruption". No worries.
 Admiral Raven
05-13-2006, 7:48 PM
*wets self*
 magna mandaloe
05-13-2006, 8:10 PM
OK now I think that this expansion....Is going to be awsome especially me seeing the trailers :D But I feel the Expansion is in its 91 - 99% stages and was nearly done in april. They read our Ideas, took our mods, and foraged a expansion. That is done when E3 starts up. the last stages of development is the mission I bet for Dark Side Light side and Corrupt Side and the process of burning over 1 to 3 million copies of the Expansion. Right now it is sitting in Lucasart's hands until the day of reckoning is appon us. I have a feeling when Forces of corruption is released the Map editor 1.4 Patch and ALO extensions will be completed cause I saw this in a dream. so we have to sit tight as they kill us in excitement! I think I speak for every one saying I CAN'T WAIT !!!!! :)
 Ali1392
05-13-2006, 8:50 PM
so this is comming out in autum and it looks prtty good now it should look a whole lot better then
 magna mandaloe
05-13-2006, 9:01 PM
Yea :D
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-14-2006, 4:39 AM
Of Course it got me Excited!.. I mean come on : B-wings , The Eclipse , A SSD , A new faction ..

Btw

Im gonna upgrade my Computer soon , will This work on high?

1 gig Ram
Intel Pentium 4 Processor
Speed : 2.8ghz
A Nvidia Geforce 6400 gt
 Admiral Raven
05-14-2006, 5:09 AM
Get an Athlon 64 for your CPU.
 Darth Anarch
05-14-2006, 5:22 AM
And get a heavy-duty graphics card. At least 128 Mb, probably a 256.
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-14-2006, 6:21 AM
Which Graphic Card would you Advise then?
 Admiral Raven
05-14-2006, 6:58 AM
I have 256MB GeForce 6800GS but if you can afford it get a 7800.
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-14-2006, 7:14 AM
Would that Run the game Smooth on High? Hopefully the 7800 Will be around 300 Euro

K , I Found a 7800 and im Wondering is This the righth one?:sbdance
http://www.alternate.nl/html/shop/productDetails.html?artno=jagrs1&baseId=228)
 Athanasios
05-14-2006, 9:39 AM
ATI RAdeon XTX1900 (http://www.gecube.com/products-detail.php?prod_cat=3&prod_id=55278)

Even ASUS 7900 doesn't reach its lowest perfomances. Besides, the first costs around 350 euros/dollars, the seconds costs 700 euros/dollars...

It's all about your budget and how much you're willing to pay to get something according to your needs.
 _x_Darth-Max_x_
05-14-2006, 2:04 PM
I See...

Currently i only have The Demo .. Modded though and im running it on a Nvidia geforce 5200Fx On Medium .. Only in larger battle's it lags..

Hopefully my Friend comes through with his Promise of giving me some info on how to get some Stuff cheaper from a guy he knows :D
 Admiral Raven
05-14-2006, 3:09 PM
I know how you can get cheaper stuff, visit the black market in deepest darkest Kazakhstan! :)
 magna mandaloe
05-15-2006, 1:10 AM
thats weird
I don't run a Video card at all and I don't Lag for crap :D (Maybe its the memory)
Page: 1 of 1