Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Official Trailer - view or download it

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
05-10-2006, 6:24 AM
And was launched moments ago on the Official Star Wars website. You can view the trailer here (www.empireatwar.net/expansions/video/eawfoc_480.mov)

To download it, right click and 'save target as' onto your desktop
DMUK
 Darth_Extas
05-10-2006, 8:40 AM
The Trailer is amazing, They must have expanded the maps in order to fir the eclispe ssd in... I just watched the trailer. With the Pirate forces in, they managed to compromise our need for clone wars units. Seeing the scale of the eclipse is an amazingment about 300x larger than a regular ISD. I wonder what you can do to allow a greater power as in that how can you counter it. Petroglyph has added greater detail to the star-ships, I think I say the moldy crow in there(not sure). Can anyone clarify to my who had the light-whip? she is near the end of the trailer.
 gswift
05-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Cool. Did I see droid wariors on the land map? If so, then maybe there's droid fighters too. I know I saw that tall skinny droid bounty hunter from Empire Strikes Back. I don't remember his name, but I used to have the action figure and I think it had the letter Q in it with some numbers. LoL. The first question I have for the dev team (or anyone else who knows and has permission to tell) is; How many playable sides will there be? Will it still be one team or the other, or will we still be able to play the rebels and emperials in addition to the new faction. It looks like there will be three factions playable in the game now. That would be GREAT for online play. SageKing, can you answer this one yet? (or maybe a little hint?)

P.S. ...To be released in the Fall of 06? That should be good for sales because of Christmas and will probably guarantee further expansion/sequals. Awesome. Starwars has needed a great RTS franchise for a LONG TIME, and now we'll finally have one. And it will be created by some of the best RTS people in the galaxy.
 lukeiamyourdad
05-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I just had an orgasm. Yes, I did.

It looks so awesome! Though I do wonder what the hell those droidekas are doing in there.
 Lord hobo
05-10-2006, 11:37 AM
i am impressed that really good
 jonesyjonez
05-10-2006, 12:30 PM
a very good trailer, covering the new features, ships and heroes.
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-10-2006, 12:38 PM
Some quick answers:

- I didn't see a Moldy Crow, but the IG-2000 was there.

- The lady with the whip is a new hero character, Silri the Nightsister

- There are both Dark Troopers (all three phases) and Destroyer Droids in the trailer

- The skinny droid is IG-88

- All three factions are playable. The story campaign only covers Tyber's story; galactic conquest still only supports 2 players, but you can choose from all three factions; tactical multiplayer will support all three at once.

- The presence of the droidekas will be explained in the story campaign :)
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Oh, and I should mention that the trailer doesn't nearly show everything (insert patented Delphi evil grin here...)
 Darth_Extas
05-10-2006, 12:41 PM
At a breif clip, and looking back it looked like I say the Moldy-Crow, it had the characteristics, It is good if you corrected me, since I may be wrong.
 wedge2211
05-10-2006, 12:57 PM
The IG-2000 is IG-88's ship...interesting that he (it?) shows up, IG-88 really hasn't entered games or other EU sources to much of an extent at all up to this point. Off to watch it now...

EDIT: After seeing some of the new ships and weapons, I can't help but be reminded of Homeworld. Everything looks sweet, I can't wait to see more specific info on the official site!

(Side note: The Indy trailer on lucasarts.com is hilarious.)
 Orao
05-10-2006, 1:33 PM
Torpid they got all that techno from uknown regions or what ?

This could allow to connect the history. I mean if this pirate was exploring uknown regions and found the Eclipse later on the Empire coulde have captured it and do some reverse engineering in order to obtain plans. Of course as ever reverse engineering this would have been long and full of erros explaining why it wasn't used against rebelion by the Empire and why we see it only in the EU.

Btw Torpid can we have more infos on new gameplay features. For now what is holding me off from purchasing the expension pack isn't how lore the thing is or how much units you have it is the actual gameplay of the EAW (I dont like it as it is).

How does the gamplay has changed and will new AI be compatilbe with the EAW (meanng is this stand alone x-pack or not) ?

Thank you for any clarification.
 popcorn2008
05-10-2006, 3:38 PM
Holy!!!! This is gonna be SWEET!

If I saw the galatic map correctly it looks as though Tybers faction is just as I thought. They spread corruption to other planets instead of controlling them! This is gonna be sweet! wow! AWESOME!

*dies*
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-10-2006, 4:53 PM
Remember that I can't answer questions about anything that hasn't been revealed yet, so some of your questions will have to wait until the dev chat. I can say that the focus of gameplay for the Underworld is very different from the other sides. Their tech comes from many places - I really can't say exactly but much will be explained in the story.
 whiteflash
05-10-2006, 5:01 PM
torpid can u say whether or not the pop caps for both land and space have been raised to a moderate number
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-10-2006, 5:15 PM
torpid can u say whether or not the pop caps for both land and space have been raised to a moderate number

Not yet, but we're still in the "adding stuff in" phase. That would come in at the balance phase at a later date. I would think it's pretty likely that some change will occur considering that there will be more "stuff" to play with on all sides.
 swphreak
05-10-2006, 5:30 PM
Cool trailer. Interesting take on the Eclipse's superlaser firing. Can't wait to get my hands on that sucker.
 Darth Andrew
05-10-2006, 6:10 PM
Wow. I can't wait for more info and screenies! :D Can I download this somewhere? I want to keep it close by.... ;)
 Slocket
05-10-2006, 7:32 PM
Nice trailer is impressive! I assume it means the space maps will be bigger to hold all the action?

Since I hear George himself plays this game, I assume the resources have been added to really beef up the original EAW with more content and AI (somewhat stuff that was cut due to time constraints from the original).

The Zann angle faction is very interesting for gameplay. The new units "Tie Interceptor" is very much appreciated. Oh, almost forgot about the SSD. :P
 aggie_john
05-11-2006, 1:19 AM
Wow, I am excited the only thing that sucks is that Darth Torpid's comment that only two factions will be supported in the Galactic conquest mode. Come on put all three in there. I want the pirates to take to the offensive sometimes. Cause I am not swayed away from my Imperial faction yet. I would love the challenge of putting down the rebellion and a pirate faction at the same time.
 DarthMaulUK
05-11-2006, 1:54 AM
I'm making a download available right now. I've had a busy week and as always things theses are emailed to me when I am asleep so here I am at 6 in the morning doing this! lol

DMUK
 Darth_Torpid-PG
05-11-2006, 1:14 PM
Wow, I am excited the only thing that sucks is that Darth Torpid's comment that only two factions will be supported in the Galactic conquest mode. Come on put all three in there. I want the pirates to take to the offensive sometimes. Cause I am not swayed away from my Imperial faction yet. I would love the challenge of putting down the rebellion and a pirate faction at the same time.

I should clarify that I mean multiplayer galactic conquest will still only support two players. If you play galactic conquest solo, you can have all three factions at once. Allowing three players in GC multiplayer is a code issue that can't be handled in the scope of an expansion.
 lukeiamyourdad
05-11-2006, 1:19 PM
I love Torpid :) I just love you :)

It makes sense actually. If the SP campaign allows you to have three factions, so should Galactic Conquest.
 lonepadawan
05-11-2006, 2:11 PM
I personally like the idea of the new guys using droidekas and stuff... anything they can scavenge! And having huge droid armies just sitting there is such a waste is it not :P
 aggie_john
05-12-2006, 5:43 PM
droidekas are cool but I hope there are clone troopers on Kamino or some sort of clone advantage in owning that world, I mean why else would they include it. There isnt even any land there?
 Darth Anarch
05-12-2006, 6:50 PM
Kamino will probably give bonuses of some kind to the infantry of the defending faction. I'm thinking faster spawning of infantry units.
 hexo
05-14-2006, 6:31 PM
Good Deal!

As all others i love the game, wife got mad at me as i re placed all the starwars figurines i still have sence i bought them in the late 70's / early 80's
i assume them got value, but they are more value to me than anyone else heh
got about 50 or so of them,

anyhow... i also hope that the maps will be bigger, specialy the space maps, as space... is not realy supose to have any limits, so its kinda hard getting something realistic into my head with a small map, also, please, no more of all the junk in the maps, im so tired of all the nebulas, asteroids, and al that, i can see some maps may need something in the middle to keep players away for a while, but not every single map please!!,

also, it would be more realistic, if it took longer time to create huge ships, they are insanely quick to build compared to a Tie fighter for an example
i mean its not realistic that you can build a Star Destroyer at the time it takes to build 3 Tie fighters... not complaning just giving sugestions.

The Gameplay is good... asteroids shuld be able to withstand more damage, and why not give them some smaller guns to defend themself with, maybe make it into an induvidual upgrade, but its just a thought,

you shuld be able to repair the station even without the need to upgrade it,
if you manage to survive a big attack, why not being able to recover from it, of course it shuld be alot slower repair than the ones you can do from upgrades, but still worth looking into, maybe even being able to repair the bigger ships, with repair droids,

maybe an aditional way to gain income in the galactic conquest, more than just the mines... the fact that its easyer to kill infantery by running over them than to shoot them is alittle wrong i think, ive never seen any units in the movie, run over troops one after one and keep that as its main way of killing the infantery, i can see someone being unlucky enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, but please give the units some kind of auto reflexes to get away.

give all the alliences the air ability on ground maps, not just the rebels
make us being able to buy units when defending or attacking in land battles on galactic conquest, but keep the attacking force with some peneltys of course

Make the troups better the more they kill, specialy directed to space,
and specialy to the campains not multi player skirmishes
and why not have the option for both sides to hire mercenaries, not as uber as boba fett maybe, but still veteran of some sort,

the list goes on, i got alot more ideas, but ill keep it... short... for now
 Dark Sad Shadow
05-15-2006, 9:15 AM
"give all the alliences the air ability on ground maps, not just the rebels"

thats a good point, you see, the only air forces were the snow speeders and for the empire? so whats the meaning for the rebels to have the ability to build the anti air turrets? only for tie bombers? thats a waste of resources if you ask me...
 lukeiamyourdad
05-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Errr...building a turret hardly costs anything. A few pennies if you ask me but it's still a good point.
 Darth Anarch
05-15-2006, 1:47 PM
Looks like there will be at least one more air unit in the expansion...
 EmperorJello
06-06-2006, 1:22 AM
EDIT: Shouldn't be here.

Um...there's a delete button if you want to delete your post. I don't know what this post is about really. -LIAYD
Page: 1 of 1