Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fastest way to build a lightsaber in KOTOR 2

Page: 1 of 1
 TegSkywalker
04-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Ok I know this is probably really really news, but I was browsing through these Padawan forums and didn't see any tips on the quickest method to building the lightsaber in KOTOR 2. This is also not my original work and is something from GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/kotor2/hints.html). Well here it is if you are curious, have troubles with this, or want a small tip:

Fastest method to assemble your lightsaber.
As soon as you leave Telos travel to Nar Shaddaa. Once there proceed into the central area and find the zoning door to the Docks. Halfway across the Docks will be a door that leads to the Flophouse. Go to the end of the hallway of this flophouse and the second to last door has a guy named Lootra. Taunt him into attacking. Also note that any characters you can have in your party at this point will lose influence with you if they are with you when you kill him, so go alone. His corpse will have a lightsaber part, there is a quest that as a reward he gives this part to you but the dark side gain is minimal even for lightside characters. Next if your alignment bar is about 25% good or bad you can return to the Ebon Hawk for a special fight which will get you the last lightsaber part. If you are not 25% good or bad there are tons of things to do in Nar Shaddaa to get the last of the points you need.(If you do not have a colored lightsaber crystal the merchant Geeda will have one you can buy so don't scare her away) Now talk to Bao-Dur to have your saber made.
 FiEND_138
04-28-2006, 12:10 AM
I find it quicker to go to Dantooine first, slaughter/buy the parts of the salvager trapped in the enclave, if Visas' movies played you got another part, if not tamper with the will looted off the dead salvager in the enclave, return to the militia captain, poof saber.
 RedHawke
04-28-2006, 12:16 AM
There are similar hints to this in the following threads as well...

FiEND_138 in this thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147677)
Drazin and Reks and others in this thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=145082)

Reks lists in detail where you can get parts/sabers from in this thread here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144153) Post #3.

;)
 Pabby
05-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Just do all the side quests on nar shadaa, I got my lightsaber on nar shadaa which is the first planet I go to after telos, its not too hard, just takes practice and you need to know who to talk to.
 Beast-Thrasher
05-02-2006, 12:51 AM
I find the fastest way to obtain your lightsaber in K2 is to either help the Ithorians or Czerka, as well as being heavily in the light or dark side of the force. After you receive the first part then got to Nar Shaddaa, If you have already seen the movie with Visas go back to the ship, defeat her and get your second part. Finaly do the Dancing quest and get some juma juice, put Vogga to sleep with the dancing and the dogs with the juma juice. Once that is complete open the looked door then the cylinder case and voila, you have your lightsaber parts.
 TSR
05-02-2006, 7:14 AM
i've just realised that you can't have you're lightsaber before leaving Telos.
why is that a problem?
How come on the back of the xbox ccase it shows a male exile with a blue double bladed lightsaber pwning the HK assasin droids?!?! osbidian are hax0rs!
 xides
05-24-2006, 10:03 PM
I have always wondered abou this, are there lightsaber parts on korriban?
 mr_raider
05-24-2006, 11:54 PM
I have always wondered abou this, are there lightsaber parts on korriban?

There should be. There are set points in the game that will spawn LS parts as rewards until you get your LS. After that, they will spawn sabers or saber crystals.

Hell, you can even pick up your final part by guting some beast on Dxun. You WILL get it on your first planet. I see no way not to get it.
 Winchester
06-22-2006, 5:51 AM
I can get the saber in five minutes on Nar Shadda, light or dark, no problem, as long as Visas' cutscene has been played. First, immediately reenter the ship after landing on Nar Shadda, fight Visas. Get part two.

Next, assuming you have one point or more in Stealth yourself (I always make sure I've got a point in everything when I start the game), and a stealth generator (Geeda has one for sale if you need one), go to the docks, sneak into the first room in the flophouse and eavesdrop on the aliens.

Go from there straight to the entertainment promenade, and the cantina - sneak up on the aliens here too. Buy the juma juice from the bartender, then talk to the Twilek Domo. Go dance for Vogga, then sneak back in and pour Juma Juice in the watering bowl in the corner. Raid the stash in the locked room for your lens fixture. Finally, buy a crystal from either of the vendors, and talk to Bao-Dur - finished.
Page: 1 of 1