Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Darth Vader gets his own game

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
04-19-2006, 7:45 AM
George Lucas himself may be done with Star Wars films, but LucasArts is apparently working on a title based on Darth Vader, while a new Indiana Jones game is still in progress.

According to a New York Times article about the current state of the company, Haden Blackman, project lead on a forthcoming Star Wars game, recently outlined to directors "a new storyline that delved deeper into Darth Vader's history".

The NY Times piece also mentions Indiana Jones, noting how vice president of product development Peter Hirschmann "gleefully explained how researchers had tracked down images of San Francisco buildings from 1915 for the future Indiana Jones game".

There's no discussion of when either of those games will be released, but the piece does maintain that LucasArts wants to be known as more than just "the 'Star Wars' game company", with more original titles on the way along the lines of last year's Mercenaries.

With E3 just around the corner, we will keep you posted

DMUK
 stingerhs
04-19-2006, 3:18 PM
well, its about time we heard about something other than a 'possible' Galaxies sequel *gags* or the new Lego Star Wars title.

i would still rather hear about info concerning either Kotor 3 or a E@W Expansion/Sequel.
 Commander Obi-Wan
04-20-2006, 1:14 PM
Sweet. I'll buy it. So sounds like it'll be a RPG with Vader has your character.
 PoiuyWired
06-27-2006, 5:06 PM
E@W Expansion?

Well I would rather see the up and coming one first.

A Vader game would be fun.
 Dragonball Fan
07-27-2006, 7:54 PM
They need to make the Vader game have Kojima-like cutscenes. Oh, and to go along with that make the story good... don't let George Lucas get anywheer near the writers, and make it a bit more like a Jedi Knight/Half-Life 2 mix.
 Davinq
07-27-2006, 8:18 PM
I'm much more interested in hearing more on K3 and/or LSW2:OT.
Page: 1 of 1