Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Saber hilt shader problem.

Page: 1 of 1
 Brood of Evil
04-12-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm having a problem with a shader for my saber hilt models. I'm using an enviroment setting, however it's looking weird, as if the enviroment map is scrolling all across the model. I did an experiment, I modified the weapons.shader to add an enviroment setting to their shaders, and they look neat. It seems the problem is with my model, I've been trying to play with the UVW mapping to no avail, still looks the same. I've seen a lot of custom saber hilt models with an enviroment shader settings and they all look great, so I wonder what am I doing wrong.

This is the shader I'm using:

models\weapons2\saber_testing\saber { { map models\weapons2\saber_testing\saber blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO rgbGen lightingDiffuse } { map models\weapons2\saber_testing\saber_spec blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE detail alphaGen lightingSpecular } { map gfx\effects\chr_inv blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_COLOR tcGen environment } }

I know it might be hard to understand the problem without actually trying it in-game, however, I might be able to send a zip with my files, so if anyone is interested in helping I could send it, just pm with email or something. Anyway I hope someone can help, this is driving me cwazy. Thanks.
 razorace
04-21-2006, 7:06 AM
How is your shader compared to the basejka saber shaders?
Page: 1 of 1