Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem starting the game

Page: 1 of 1
 joekaos
04-12-2006, 8:01 AM
Hi, first of all sorry about my english, I'm spanish.

Well, the problem I have is that when I try to start the game, it happens anything, it doesn't start. My PC specs are these:

AMD Athlon 64 XP 3200+
1024 MB DDR
Nvidia GForce 6200 (latest drivers installed)

Thanks
 Orao
04-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi,

Can you be more specific please ? What patch do you have the latest ?

If yes then uninstal the game and instal only no patched version directly from the CD. If it work install first patch and so on. If all patches are ok except the last then maybe you have the problem with copy protection system.

If indeed you have that sort of problem there is 2 solutions for you problem.

1. Update the frimware of your cd/dvd drive

2. Change your drive.

I hope this helps you.
 joekaos
04-12-2006, 11:01 AM
I tried with patch 1.03, 1.02 and without patch, and it doesn't work. My PC is new, so it can't be cd/dvd drive problem, and the game is original of course. Thanks for your help.
 Orao
04-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Your PC can be new but your CD/DVD drive may have problem with copy protection system. Many ppl have reported this kind of problem.
 DarthMaulUK
04-15-2006, 3:59 AM
Firstly - daft question - but have you managed to install the game? If not, check to see if the version you have is a DVD or CD rom version. If you live in Spain, Im guessing it will be a DVD rom - meaning that you must have a DVD drive. Updating these drivers would be important.

Or, I have a problem with Rome Total war only - it just wont play from the CD. So I have to go into my program files and auto start it from there. Its odd as thats the only game that does it.

Try that and let us know as much info as possible.

DMUK
 joekaos
04-15-2006, 6:40 AM
Obviously I installed the game. As you say, it's DVD version and I have a DVD drive with the latest drivers, so I can't imagine what is happening, I'm desperate! I think that is because of my AMD. It is 2000 mhz but sometimes appears as 994 mhz and I don't know why this happens, I need an answer. Thanks
 DarthMaulUK
04-16-2006, 5:53 AM
Try starting the game from your program files - not from the CD. Sometimes it can take a while for the game to start. Also, make sur that you have installed direct x9c (from the CD) and updated your graphic card drivers

DMUK
Page: 1 of 1