Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with making mods in general work on Macs

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Pizza
04-11-2006, 4:43 PM
Not sure if this is where this goes.

Anyway, I don't know if it's a Mac thing or a problem with certain versions or what. I just know that a whole lot of mods tell you to put them in the gamedata folder... which is a problem if you don't have a gamedata folder. I try putting them in the base folder and you get the loading screens and whatnot, but the actual level you're trying to play is nowhere to be found and the 'mods' list is blank. Anybody know of a way around this?

...also, the game just quits when I try to use the NPC-spawning cheat. [Was really looking forward to siccing Tavion on some of those Jedi students just to see what would happen]
 Lei Hng Wei
04-11-2006, 6:14 PM
It must be a PC naming convention, because the gamedata folder is actually the one holding JKA/JKA MP/base folder.
 [USA]-bLaSt
04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
If the mod is Mac compatible place the files in the Users/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/ folder (or the Jedi Academy MP folder for multiplayer mods).

Skins and models and everything else go here as well, in the THIS base folder.
 Slider744
04-13-2006, 12:46 PM
if you need to install a mod like JA+, movie battle or any other mod that modified game code libraries, you need to install a few patches....

i wrote detail instructions for JA+ mac users here
http://www.japlus.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6)

you can use those instructions for any other mods mb2, fm3.....Etc...
Page: 1 of 1