Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kinky!

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Dravis
04-07-2006, 2:08 AM
So in Texas people are running for Governor. Some of these people are:

1. Rick Perry (http://www.rickperry.org/)
2. Carole Strayhorn (http://www.carolestrayhorn.com/)
3. Kinky Friedman (http://www.kinkyfriedman.com)

Now, Perry is just worthlessly ineffectual. He hasn't been able to do a single thing about school finance and it's really getting on my nerves. Even my mom, who votes Republican most of the time, is tired of him.

Carole seems to be a crazy grandma. She doesn't seem to have a plan on fixing the schools either, and that needs to be fixed BEFORE this year is up. The courts have ruled that funding cannot be continued as is.

Kinky is something else. I have no idea what goes through his head, but he can make music and wears a cowboy hat and boots. That must count for something. :p

Seriously, he seems to be the most attractive choice. I just get annoyed with the two major parties because they don't seem to be able to get a single thing to work, and they can't just leave good things done by the other party alone so that they keep working. Kinky will 'end the wussification of Texas', if the propaganda is to be believed... and that might just be worth a try.

So, who do you think you're going to vote for (if you live in Texas), and why?
 TK-8252
04-07-2006, 9:12 PM
That is the most awesome name ever.

"Kinky fried man"
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-08-2006, 12:15 AM
If I lived in Texas my vote would definitely be for Kinky Friedman, if only to see speed limits changed to 54.95 there :xp:
 Samnmax221
04-08-2006, 1:27 AM
Well if L stands for Libertarian i'd probebly vote that way, I lean more Republican but only if they do their job properly
 El Sitherino
04-08-2006, 1:08 PM
Q: What is Kinky's position on gay marriage?
A: Kinky supports gay marriage and equal rights for homosexuals. He believes that the constitution protects everyone.
As he says, "I believe love is bigger than government. And besides, they have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us."

^ Just won my vote.

We need more humor in our politicians.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-08-2006, 1:45 PM
^ Just won my vote.

We need more humor in our politicians.
You should watch the episode of Real Time With Bill Maher that Kinky Friedman was in then. I believe it was episode #57.
 edlib
04-08-2006, 9:47 PM
Kinky is awesome. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

I hope he wins.
 Samnmax221
04-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Just as long as polygmists, zoophiliacs, and the NAMBLA crowd don't get to be as miserable as the rest of us
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Just as long as polygmists, zoophiliacs, and the NAMBLA crowd don't get to be as miserable as the rest of us
I hope you're implying they should be even more miserable.
 Samnmax221
04-09-2006, 12:24 AM
Of course
 Joe©
04-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Kinky for the win.

He's a Jewish Cowboy! what more could you want?
 Samuel Dravis
04-11-2006, 1:29 PM
Page: 1 of 1