Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefront blanks out screen?

Page: 1 of 1
 jaredw
04-03-2006, 6:53 PM
My system specs:
ATI Radeon x600
512mb ram
2.8 ghz p4

basically, my computer can easily handle BFII. After 2 uninstalls, and getting the same problem, I can't figure out why it won't work.

The problem happens when the game is initializing. After I click on start game (while still in windows), the screen flashes as if the game is starting. But, the screen is black with what seems to be a grey to white gradient that gradually takes over the screen, and it is completely white within a minute. Interestingly enough, I can hear the music in the background and as I move the mouse, I can hear the noises it makes as the mouse passes over what I assume to be menu options.

The video and soundcard are not sharing resources, and there is no conflicts on my machine. I can run other games fine...any opinions/suggestions?

Thanks
 zerted
04-03-2006, 8:20 PM
Do you have a dual core processor?
Have you tried running the game in safe mode?
Make sure all your dirvers are updated.
Did you install the patch?
Page: 1 of 1