Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR 1 Installation Problems

Page: 1 of 1
 mxsuprastang
03-31-2006, 9:28 PM
I've played the game many times, but one of my cd's got scratched so I went out and bought a new version of the game (20 dollars at wal-mart!) I go to install it and I get an error at 59% when transferring to disk 3. It says something about cycling the data4.cab file. I don't know what to do, I've installed older drivers, newest drivers. . . .

*Edit* Okay, so i looked online about this error and some say it could be the disc or the drive. So I went to al mart and exchanged the game for a brand new one, came home and the same thing happened. its a cyclic redundancy check on the data4.cab from the third install disc. So I'm assuming its my drive. . .which I'm getting new ones anyways, but it still sucks. If anyone thinks otherwise please help me. . .

*Edit 2* Okay, so I found my discs in the trash (my old ones) and got my third disk, installed it with my new discs (1,2 and 4) and the game works fine. I still think it was my drive, because there is no way that two versions of the game had the same problem on disk 3. But the game works, you can delete this thread or keep it for info. purposes for others. Thanks.
 shingen
04-23-2006, 3:25 PM
yeah,me too,same thing,and swkotor 2 as well
Page: 1 of 1