Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is it me, or is the game just so random online?

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthMaulUK
03-29-2006, 5:26 PM
Having spent sometime trying to figure out the game online and getting beaten by all the top ranked players, I just cant seem to work out some of the combat elements.

Example. I was the Rebel Alliance, Had Ackbar, Luke, Antillies, Han x4 Assault frigates, 5 x Neb Bs, 6 Vettes,4 gunships against Piett, Boba, 4 VSDs, 4 Tartans and lost!

later, the shoe was on the other foot with almost the same units, and I was the Empire and lost!

I've noticed that there are times when ships really struggle to actually hit a hardpoint but they take a lot of damage just to maybe get in range - who knows. Ackbar is the same. Its very very odd.

DMUK
 EAWFAN
03-29-2006, 5:50 PM
its combat tactics that win the battles for example i had a level 1 space station and no other units(the space station does spawn 2 y wings and 2 x wings) i was against piett, 2 of those wierd missle things, and 4 squads of ties and 3 squads of bombers. i won u just have to hit em fast and where it really matters and as 1 big strike(all of the units attack the same unit and the same hard point) i dont see how you lost those 2 battles though.
 conmanguyler
03-30-2006, 8:50 AM
what u have to do is pick targets for each of ur untis, send bombers to attack the capital ships and send a frigate or other to attack there tartans or corrileans, then just eat them away with that, what i tend to do is send waves out, when the first wave is destroyed, then i send out the second wave. and what i do on mp is to buy a couple of mon cals etc then when the enemy is attacking my station, i will place them behind their most precious ship and blow it 2 bits, or if i have run out of money, i will attack their station with everything ive got. these tactics work 90% of the time, so i wouldnt say the game is random online, just remember to purchase lots of units early on, and try not to upgrade your spacestation too much, this wastes money and time, unless u r playing with more than 2 people
 DarthMaulUK
03-30-2006, 9:33 AM
I do all that grouping stuff. It just seems really really odd. Im a tuned expert at online gaming - my Dawn of War record (plyd 280 won 265) is a good one. I might try playing sober......!

DMUK
 conmanguyler
03-30-2006, 9:56 AM
I do all that grouping stuff. It just seems really really odd. Im a tuned expert at online gaming - my Dawn of War record (plyd 280 won 265) is a good one. I might try playing sober......!

DMUK

lol,yeh it helps if u r sober whilst playing,nice dawn of war record btw, you must pretty gd
Page: 1 of 1