Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cant switch teams/color

Page: 1 of 1
 darkthunder
03-18-2006, 9:53 AM
I've got a completely unmodified EaW, version 1.02. For some reason both when I join games (through Custom Match) or hosting my own, i'm always stuck on Rebellion side (and cant switch to Empire). I try switching to Empire, it reverts me back to Rebellion. And my color is always yellow, when I try to change color it reverts it back to yellow.

Bug, or setting?
 Athanasios
03-18-2006, 1:40 PM
I think it's the options you have in Skirmish mode. The computer tries to give you the faction and colour you play on skirmish when playing online.
 darkthunder
03-18-2006, 6:20 PM
I just installed the game, updated to 1.02, created an online account and went in on Custom Match to play with some friends. I haven't played skirmish or campaign at all, just multiplayer. So honestly, wtf is going on? Unmodded, clean install, patched to 1.02... and cant switch team or color in multiplayer.
 popcorn2008
03-18-2006, 6:32 PM
Make sure that you didnt push the Accept button. You have to make changes before doing that.

Otherwise you may just be expierencing a bug.
 Jmaster3265
03-18-2006, 8:43 PM
I've got a completely unmodified EaW, version 1.02. For some reason both when I join games (through Custom Match) or hosting my own, i'm always stuck on Rebellion side (and cant switch to Empire). I try switching to Empire, it reverts me back to Rebellion. And my color is always yellow, when I try to change color it reverts it back to yellow.

Bug, or setting?

Well i can answer your question on the color. Here is what i have found out, if someone is already a color you want you need to rapidly click to get that color. It is kind of like your kicking them off. So for ex: say you want blue, but someone already has it. Click blue over and over and over until you get it.
 darkthunder
03-19-2006, 7:23 AM
Ok... let me clarify:

- No, i have not pressed ready prior to trying to switch teams/color
- I've tried switching to ANY color, and it reverts me back to the same color I had when I joined the server. Even if said color is unused.

What good is a Tech Support forum, when the powers that be dont support? :P
 popcorn2008
03-19-2006, 7:52 AM
What good is a Tech Support forum, when the powers that be dont support? :P
Well the more clarification you can give to us, the more we can help you out.

Help us out by answering these questions:
- Does this error happen everytime you go to play online?
- Have you ever installed a mod? Even if you deleted it.

Try this, go to single player and skirmish battle. Can you change your settings there? If you can change them to what you want, start the skirmish battle then quit it. Afterwards, try to join an online game and see if that works.

Also I believe there is a color option in the custom match lobby in the top right. There is one in the LAN lobby anyway. Try changing your color there. Report back with your findings. :D
 Arifel
03-23-2006, 3:24 PM
I had this problem too before. It was solved by creating a new account. I'm guessing that this may have been caused by mismatching account name and gamespy nickname.
Page: 1 of 1