Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

cant do anything with kt

Page: 1 of 1
 radar
03-15-2006, 9:07 PM
every time i start up the kotor tool i get an error saying no games detected. and the trees for kotor 1 and 2 have nothing there. im woundering did i do something wroung or install it the wroung way. or do i need a pc version of the game to mod it since i have this game for xbox. Can someone help me because i feel like shotting my computer right now. :blast5:
 tk102
03-15-2006, 9:20 PM
Kotor Tool was designed for the PC. I can't say what exactly Fred Tetra looks for before Kotor Tool gives that message. (It may be swkotor.exe and swkotor2.exe.) I do know that it first searches your PC's registry for installed path of the game. If you are comfortable using regedit.exe, this is what the path looks like:

For KotOR1:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BioWare\SW\KOTOR
String Value: Path

For KotOR2:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2
String Value: Path

I'm not sure what kind of modding you were hoping to do without the PC version and all of its data files.
 radar
03-15-2006, 10:26 PM
well at least i know i need the pc version of the game. thanx

Edit tk102: Okay. Next time I'll just say that. :D
Page: 1 of 1