Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help PLz - JA+ Mod Help

Page: 1 of 1
 Samuel Kim
03-11-2006, 9:15 AM
I downloaded JA+ and none of it really works, like I enable the Emotes and I type in something like \amsit or something, nothing happens, and I can't do the new acrobatics and moves either, plz help.
 dtriniman
03-11-2006, 10:39 AM
You need to extract the files in the JA+ folder to your base. Then in game go to the setup screen and click mods. Then select ja+ and click load. Your screen will go black for a bit then you'll see Yoda with a Plus sign in his hand. Then join a server. To test to see if it worked type /aminfo in console. You should the serverside ja+ and under you should see a message about your ja+. If it says your ja+ is v1.whatever you got it right. If it said your client plugin is undefined you did it wrong so go back and fix it.
 Samuel Kim
03-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Does it mean that I can only use the emotes when I JOIN a server? not when I create one?
 dtriniman
03-11-2006, 4:19 PM
You'll need the server side plugin for it to work on your server.
 Samuel Kim
03-11-2006, 8:01 PM
WHAT IN **** IS THAT MEAN??!!

I can't even get the new saber cores to work, the vehicle extension is basically pointless, and none of the new moves work, nor the emotes

whaz server-side anyway? I heard something about it that if you do something about gla ani thingy in base and server and blah blah and stuff... what?
 dtriniman
03-11-2006, 9:14 PM
People shoudl take the time to read the readme that comes with the stuff. That's what it's there for. Ok I'll try to explain. JA+ is both a serverside and clientside plugin mod. For pure servers you need to have the client plugin if you wish to join. For unpure servers you don't need the client plugin to join and you can enjoy some of the features of the mod but not all.

If you are running the server however you need to have the serverside plugin.This will defrentiate your server as a JA+ one whether you have a pure server or not. For help setting up the server go
here (http://www.chopshopservers.com/education/index.htm) target='_blank')

and click the link marked Running a Server from Home
 Samuel Kim
03-12-2006, 5:08 PM
Are you talking about the clientplugin_v1.3?

WHat's the difference between serverside/clientside?

I think that I've got all the right files in the right place, just I don't know how to activate the stuff and all
 dtriniman
03-12-2006, 5:45 PM
Exactly what it sounds like. One is for the server and one is for the client.
The server needs a particular set of files for the mod to run. So even though someone might have the clienside plugin and they join the server but the serverside isn't there or is there but not working you get nothing. Go to the link I showed you above. Read the stuff there, they will show you everythign about setting up your server and how to run mods and then read your readme.

However since you seem to keep overlooking it. I'll quote some parts:

JA+ is a server side Mod for windows, linux and Mac which has the possibility to get a Client side plugin with pk3 files.
this plugin is designed to give UI, animation and feature enhancement to your client side game.

If the JA+ server you play is a PURE server (sv_pure 1), all players and the server will have to install this plugins to join this server. So in this case the JA+ server is not server side anymore.

If the JA+ server you play is NOT a PURE server (sv_pure 0), the server and players are not obligated to install this plugin to join the game.So in this case the JA+ server remains a server side mod.The server will recognize the players who have the plugins and will make them take advantage of it to have better animation, Ui and features. The players who have not this plugins will be able to join but will not have those better things (and they won't see the difference with a normal server side JA+ ).

The lastest version of the client is v1.4beta1. The lastest serverside is v2.4beta1
 Samuel Kim
03-14-2006, 7:51 PM
First of all
Link doesn't work

Second
I know all of that. I put everything in the RIGHT place, I EVEN USED THE JA+ INSTALLER! But what about the enabling commands it shows? Like jp_allowNewDFA 1
or jp_newGLAAnims.

Where do they go?
Jampconfig?
Typed in the Console in game?
 dtriniman
03-15-2006, 4:32 AM
The link didn't work because I didn't realize html codes weren't allowed here, but I've got the vb code down so the link works on top now. So go there and they will tell you all you need to know. Just remember after you get there to click the link marked Running a Server from Home.

Oh and that JA+ installer is trouble. I've had a few people get into problems with it. Do it the old fashioned way.
 Samuel Kim
03-24-2006, 9:18 PM
Sorry for such a long time and pissing you off but is the client side and server side plugins come in completely different places?
 dtriniman
03-25-2006, 8:04 AM
You didn't piss me off lol. For older version yes they came separately, but for the newest one JA+ v2.4 they come together. :)
 Samuel Kim
03-28-2006, 3:02 PM
wha???!!! 2.4??!! WHAT ABOUT 2.3??!! SO THAT'S THE STUPID PROBLEM! srry about that. (DANG IT! I CAN'T PISS- *devilish smile* 2.4 problems MWAHAHAHA!)
 dtriniman
03-28-2006, 6:38 PM
Yeah, I would suggest you actually, ya'know, type words, instead of just randomly smashing the keyboard when you want to tell us something. Okay?

Not from here but I remember when someone did that on another forum and this was the response they got.
 Samuel Kim
03-30-2006, 2:46 PM
wait a sec... did you say... 2.4? cuz I got 2.4beta and I have the same old stupid problem, I have some new stuff and still notin works... (STUPID serverside/clientside thingy!) Oh wait... is the serverside actually a pk.3 file like the clientside? cuz still the dang thing doesn't work

Current situation:
Sam:er um... oooookay?! ummm *opens console* err... oh! *types in \exec server.cfg*

(moment later)

Sam:WTF??!! WHY AM I IN TASPIR??!! AND... Time limit:40???!!!

(more moments later)

Sam: *types in \exec vstr.cfg*... okay... wtf just happened now?!

*get's pissed and goes get lil' brother toy saber and starts whacking him*

.... Now before I bore you with my life story I'll see what you have to say before I commit suicide
 dtriniman
03-30-2006, 6:56 PM
Before we go any further we need to clarify something. Do you want to get the clientside plugin working so when you join a MP game you get all the features or do you have your own server and want to get the serverside plugin working?
 Samuel Kim
03-30-2006, 7:08 PM
Oh sorry bout that... ummm... I have no problems with the clientside plugin...

where's the serverside again?!
I need/make it work serverside I guess...
 dtriniman
03-30-2006, 9:31 PM
v2.4beta1 should have everything you need together. both the server side and client side stuff. Its description on the home site says:

.::lastest beta version::.
Whole distrib for Linux, Windows and Mac including also the client plugin

Earlier versions like 2.3 have separate downloads for the server side and client side.
 Samuel Kim
03-31-2006, 2:43 PM
and it seems I have both serverside and clientside... The problem is getting the serverside to work.

I've tried EVERYTHING!

autodownload thingy for 2.3
server.cfg generator
checking the faq on japlus website
looking at every single readme and cfg file...

THIS THING IS TICKING MY FUSE!

Oh and I believe something is wrong with my animation GLA cause I CLEARLY HAVE THE PLUGIN and people still look like they're trying to fly... BASE FOLDER!!! BASSSEEE!!!
 dtriniman
03-31-2006, 6:07 PM
You seem to have both 2.3 and 2.4. Let me know which one you wanna run and then we'll talk.

Once you do decide just check the site I showed you before or more specifically here:
Running a mod

Mods can alter gameplay for better or worse, but all of them add complexity and make troubleshooting server problems more difficult. I strongly recommend that you run the base version of the game first and gain experience running a server without a mod before trying to run a mod on your server. If you start off running a server with a mod and the server won't start, or it crashes frequently or has other problems, you won't know if it's a problem with the mod or with the server itself. Get your server running with the base version first and make sure everything is working the way you want it to work.

If you decide to run a mod anyway, first download the mod from a file site and unzip the file. You will end up with a folder named after the mod, such as "academy", "disruption", "reload", "xmod", "ForceMod_III", etc. Put the entire mod folder in the server's GameData folder, not the "base" folder. The mod folder should be a "neighbor" to the "base" folder in the GameData folder (assuming a Windows installation). The mod might have its own config file, or its own "server.cfg" in the mod folder. Read the readme file(s) that came with the mod and edit the config file or the server.cfg file to set up the mod's features the way you want them.

Then edit the shortcut you made to launch the server (the server shortcut, not the client shortcut) and add +set fs_game nameofModFolder and +exec modConfigFileName.

For example, if you want to run Jedi Academy Mod 1.6 for Jedi Outcast, you would put the "academy" folder in the server's GameData folder. If there is an "academy.cfg" file in the "academy" folder, edit it to enable or disable the mod features that you want. Then edit the Target for the server's shorcut to read

"C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2Ded.exe" +set fs_game academy +exec server.cfg +exec academy.cfg

You can check if the mod is running by entering /gamename. The server should respond with the name of the mod.

For Jedi Outcast, you can avoid some problems if you are running a pure server by "unpacking" the mod .pk3 file in the mod folder. For example, the disruption.pk3 mod file has a single folder in it called "vm" that contains a single file, "jk2mpgame.qvm". Unpack the disruption.pk3 file and put the "vm" folder containing the "jk2mpgame.qvm" file in the "disruption" folder, then delete the disruption.pk3 file. It will prevent clients from getting an "Invalid .pk3 file" error.
 Samuel Kim
04-03-2006, 3:51 PM
I thought carefully, and then I thought, "wait a minute, I don't even know how to make a basic, non-mod server!"

So I'm looking at all that "MAKING A SERVER FROM HOME" stuff and... wtf is a rcon pass and g_log?
 dtriniman
04-03-2006, 7:57 PM
*speaks in old chinese voice* ah you see, you must first crawl before you can walk grasshopper. :D Seriously, take some time and go through the entire thing; it really explains what to do to get your server up and running. Hope everythng works out.
 Samuel Kim
04-04-2006, 2:59 PM
*After hours of reviewing*

Sam:do do doo...... hey... whaz zat?! YAY I DID IT! wait... it's time for... Japl-oh crap...

(I pause a lot don't I? oh well, got it too run.)

P.S. can you think of a server name 4 me? I just call it "The Jedi Academy" in yellow (I suck at names, that's why I use my rl name).
Page: 1 of 1