Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

communications whats the point?

Page: 1 of 1
 taclled
03-11-2006, 4:18 AM
I was going through the manual and saw the buttons for communications attack, defend, etc. i tried them but i dont see or hear any confirmation or movement whats point of it
 toue
03-11-2006, 5:23 PM
for some strange and stupid reason they only work online so almost noone i've seen uses them
 taclled
03-11-2006, 5:26 PM
oh well that is one way i wouldnt know what they do my computer crashes when i try to touch the internet
 PoiuyWired
03-11-2006, 8:47 PM
well, its for people who don't sp33k, ot guys who sound like a neutered chipmonk.

Unfortunately real chipmonks always squeak like pets being crushed by some psycho female witch in game.

I wish they provide us with a way to mute players, especially certain players.
 ParanoidAndroid
03-13-2006, 5:51 PM
Really they don't serve a purpose... I guess you could try to memorize them but most people don't listen anyway. And some people think it's hilarious to just press one command continuously...
 arkodeon
04-10-2006, 4:59 PM
...I use it during Instant Action.

You have to use if while targetting one of your own men. He will start following you until he dies. :D YAY FOR FOLLOWERS~
 TSR
04-10-2006, 5:27 PM
LOL. they worked quite well in BF1. and those voices that sound like " pets being crushed by some psycho female witch " are usually 10 yr old amricans. bah.
 JUnit
11-10-2006, 2:33 PM
Considering you guys get crazed yapping about Americans, my criticism is as stands; if you Brits knew anything about BF2, you'd know in online play, you're able to mute the players from the player list. You can adjust all sent and recieved sound packets from every player. But you guys are better off drinking your bloody tea, smoking your fags. Owned.
 Games Judge
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I see your point about the whole online only thing. Shouldn't you be able to call for repairs in the offline and campaign modes? If you need ammo, or backup, you should be able to call for it. After all, don't the AI?
 jawathehutt
05-20-2008, 4:06 PM
congrats on replying to people who dont even visit this forum anymore. Next time read the post date before making a comment
Page: 1 of 1