Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Half Life

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Vader
08-02-2001, 8:28 PM
WHO LIKES HALF LIFE?!! *raises both hands* Wut is your favorite mod for Half Life. I like Counter Strike!
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 9:07 PM
*chirp, chirp*

Looks like your the only one Darth. :D
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 9:17 PM
is team fortress II out yet? counterstrike is good, but blue shift is supposed to be pretty good too.......
 Boba Rhett
08-02-2001, 10:38 PM
*raises hand* Have you guys played They Hunger 1-3?
 Lord JayVizIon
08-02-2001, 10:39 PM
i know i got they hunger for half life as a mod from those monthly pcgamer cd's. i just don't know if it has all 3. i didn't know there were 3 in the first place???
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 5:10 AM
i really don't like the FPS-genre. i tried to get through jedi knight but got stuck half-way because i simply wasn't used to that kind of genre..

i like to sit back and work the game. not lean forward and bash away at it in an insane fashion..
:eek:
 Darth Vader
08-03-2001, 9:30 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
*chirp, chirp*

Looks like your the only one Darth. :D HA HA wrong once again Tie!!:p
 Dorsk8199
08-03-2001, 10:26 AM
Why do you hate Tie? Anyway I play Counter Strike also. It's a great game. Just last night me and two other guys were owning a whole server. I'd never even played with them before. It sucked every time one of us got auto switched though.
 Telephius
08-03-2001, 1:53 PM
for all you half-life fans

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,2489198%255E2862,00.html)

this is an attack against Half-life, and how it is too violent they even got the point of the game screwed up.

If you go to best of the feedback in the sidebar there should be a scetion for the best respones from gamers
 Darth Vader
08-03-2001, 4:48 PM
Jeez what a** holes! :swear: They could at least get the point of the game strait! I belive the point is to kill aliens not security guards. the guards are your allies! Yes you can kill the security guards but it doesnt reward you. And if you kill the scientists you will fail the game cuz they have to open doors for you! Man this is on Massassi too. It got pretty nasty there. And besides how do they even know if HL caused it? They dont! Quit blaming games on every thing that happened! It just makes me mad!:mad: :evil6: HL players---->:mob: <Herald Sun arg! and take this!! herald sun ----->explode AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! no more herald sun! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! BOOM!!
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 4:58 PM
It's an honest opinion Darth, and i think they are partially right. I don't want an arguement, that's just my opinion.

Anyways, the only FPS's i like are JK MOTS and DF. The others are too gory for my taste (or my dad's :D)
 Telephius
08-03-2001, 5:39 PM
from what I hear the sercurity guard was at a abortion clinic yeah there were no other reasons there
 Lord JayVizIon
08-03-2001, 6:42 PM
half life is awesome, but other than that an jk i'm not a first person shooter type of guy too........strategy is numero uno......
 Falcon5o
08-03-2001, 8:26 PM
I pefer a good game no-matter if it is strategy or fps or what ever it is,my peferance being for rts as for herald sun let them form there own opinions. But it just go's to show, be care-ful what information you use.
 Darth_Rommel
08-03-2001, 9:38 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Anyways, the only FPS's i like are JK MOTS and DF. The others are too gory for my taste (or my dad's :D)

Yep... JK is the only fps I own ;)
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 10:50 PM
If you've never played Drak Forces then you are deprived. That was a first class game back in the day.
 Darth_Rommel
08-03-2001, 11:21 PM
hmmm... I've never heard of 'Drak Forces' :D
 Darth Vader
08-04-2001, 10:05 AM
lol me nether
 Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 10:43 AM
Falcon50... welcome here.

The only FPS-games i own are Dark Forces and Jedi Knight. Simply because they were Star Wars-themed. I hardly played Dark Forces, and got to level 4 on Jedi Knight, but only by really trying hard and getting frustrated in the process. It was the controls that did it. I like to simply point and click and be done with it. Most FPS games today use a mouse and keyboard combination, and that's hard to learn.

Knights Of The Old Republic is an upcoming SW-RPG that should be fun since it uses a Baldurs Gate-type-engine.

On the gore / Herald subject: just because you feel that you're not influenced by violence in games, doesn't mean someone else isn't too. It is well possible that someone is affected by that. Such stories are picked up by newspapers. It's simply the way it works. I remember being put off by Doom 2 as well, simply because it was so blatantly violent and full of 'hell-this, hell-that' that it practically couldn't be called 'entertainment' anymore..
 Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 11:04 AM
you may also be influenced by a game, even if you don't think you are.

BTW, Rom, you've never played Drak Forces!!! It's alot like Dark Forces but a ton better :D
 Falcon5o
08-04-2001, 2:21 PM
thanks! I'am glad to be here,but that is true you may sub-consusly(Did I spell that right:confused: ) influenced by a game. A-speaiely with all of the voilent games out.

:) Have a nice day:)
 Telephius
08-04-2001, 4:32 PM
true, everyone is affected differently.

However from what I hear it was at a abortion clinic it had a security guard, I mean cops and other security personal die every day its not a good thing but thats the risks of the job I mean before violent games cops and such had to except that there job was dangerous.

I accept that some people may be to easily influenced and there store should maybe push for IDs but the thing that angered me is that the Herald took to ignorance and witch-huntism. I mean they saw a sercurity guard and the box and more than likely seen some fansites that have screenies of shooting sercurtiy guards and gore shots and assumed the worse. Today it seems that only one factor affects an event but its usdually many things life is like a puzzle its made of manyt different pieces. The worse part is that a organization thats supposed to spread knowledge doesn't even know what it is spreading.
Page: 1 of 1