Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Memory Hacking?

Page: 1 of 1
 BURN_ExMark
03-06-2006, 6:08 PM
Is there currently a way to hack into my RAM and change the value for ammo for example... or is there anything cool i can do with my ArtMoney 7.17 SE (RAM editing tool), on SWBF2?
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-06-2006, 6:53 PM
No.
 Kurgan
03-06-2006, 6:55 PM
Try the editing forums, but this "RAM Hacking" I have no idea about. I guess not!
 Alkonium
03-06-2006, 6:56 PM
Even for a computer expert like me, this makes no sense.
 zerted
03-06-2006, 7:18 PM
Sure, if you can get in and edit the computer's memory while to game is running, you could hack whatever you wanted to. It would be much easier to mod the game to give you unlimited ammo (change 1 line of code for each weapon).
 Kurgan
03-07-2006, 5:21 PM
Hey wait a minute, didn't they use to sell "cheat programs" that were supposed to act like a Gameshark or Pro Action Replay... searching memory registers for stuff to hack, to give you unlimited lives or infinite ammo and stuff in games?

Nowadays it seems like people either mod, or release "trainers" and things (which are usually nasty hacks that come with warezed products and can screw up a legit game), but maybe that's what he's referring to.

I guess if that's the case, he should contact the seller or company associated with the cheat product he's using, or contact the maker of the crack/trainer, since that wouldn't really be something Petroglyph, LucasArts or we fans could help him with. Modding is probably a better solution anyway...
 PoiuyWired
03-08-2006, 3:03 PM
Well, sure you can do memory hack by yourself, or you can just download trainers.

There are also cheat codes...

Cheatcodes gives you partytime, which is good.

Seriously though, the game is easy enough to play w/o hacks.
 MachineCult
03-08-2006, 5:16 PM
What is partytime anyway?
 BURN_ExMark
03-10-2006, 8:19 AM
i no i no but just wanted to know if my prog would be usefull in this game heh :p
 MandaloreBIC
03-12-2006, 8:58 PM
dude, just download a trainer, it does just that
Page: 1 of 1