Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kreia's Predictions [spoily-spoliy]

Page: 1 of 1
 Meatbag
03-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Before she drops dead, she cannot predict what will become of Bao-Dur and the droids, which makes them probable for K3. I mean, HK and T3 are a must, and perhaps Bao-Dur may be near the start of the game...

Discuss?
 Ztalker
03-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Well

We know Atton shielded his mind from Kreia using powerfull emotions. Bao-Dur is traumatised beyond anything you have ever seen, so it would be logical Kreia can;t 'read' his feature very well.

Also, i think he will be in K3, since he can link Kotor 1 & 2, because he served under Revan as well under The Exile.
 Diego Varen
03-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Bao-Dur could appear in the next game, but not as a full Party Member. Maybe like Carth or Bastila in TSL.
 Non-false Jedi
03-06-2006, 6:20 PM
But the future is....difficult to see...always in motion is the future...
 Maverick5770
03-06-2006, 10:32 PM
It is possible, it would be a cool way for LA to show us TSL characters that will be in KOTOR III.
 zadi
03-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Didn't Bao-Dur die in the cut content?
 Point Man
03-06-2006, 11:06 PM
Didn't Bao-Dur die in the cut content?
Whether he died in the cut content or not doesn't matter. He did not die in the game that was released. In Star Wars, they filmed a scene with Jabba the Hutt using a Scottish actor. However, since the scene was cut from the film, they were free to use the big slug in Return of the Jedi. :jab1
 zadi
03-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Whether he died in the cut content or not doesn't matter. He did not die in the game that was released. In Star Wars, they filmed a scene with Jabba the Hutt using a Scottish actor. However, since the scene was cut from the film, they were free to use the big slug in Return of the Jedi. :jab1

Tell that to Boba then. ;) He "died" on camera and yet George said he survived (see his profile on the official Star Wars site). It could still be that Bao-Dur died in the game (even if we didn't see it) or he could be alive. We don't know until the next game. ;)
 HerbieZ
03-07-2006, 7:19 AM
I liked the fact that through all of Kreia predictions and mystisicm. She hated Bao'Dur because not once could she understand him or read his thoughts.
 Prime
03-07-2006, 10:34 AM
Tell that to Boba then. ;) He "died" on camera and yet George said he survived (see his profile on the official Star Wars site). It could still be that Bao-Dur died in the game (even if we didn't see it) or he could be alive. We don't know until the next game. ;)I'm not trying to nitpick here. But for those who are interested, Lucas has stated plainly that to him Boba Fett is dead as a result of falling in the Sarlacc Pit. So in the movie universe Fett met his end in unspectacular fashion indirectly at the hands of Han Solo.

But you are right that the EU universe has him surviving thanks in part to Dengar. But this was the result of ideas from other authors.

Carry on. :)
 Diego Varen
03-07-2006, 12:08 PM
I think Bao-Dur died, because when your his Remote on Malachor, it shows a hologram of Bao-Dur. He says.

If you are watching this.

It's sounds like he knew he was going to die. In the cut content he sacrificed himself on M4-78 for the Exile.
 Ztalker
03-07-2006, 1:46 PM
But you are right that the EU universe has him surviving thanks in part to Dengar. But this was the result of ideas from other authors.

I've heared then when a writer finshes a book, it first goes to Lucas. If Lucas realy wanted BOba to die, it would have happened.

But you are right about the authors making stuff up. In one of the novels, Mara Jade tells Luke that Darth Vader lost his hand because of Palpatines torturing. We know it was Dooku that slices it of. But at the time, George didn;t know that yet.
 zadi
03-07-2006, 1:58 PM
I've heared then when a writer finshes a book, it first goes to Lucas. If Lucas realy wanted BOba to die, it would have happened.

But you are right about the authors making stuff up. In one of the novels, Mara Jade tells Luke that Darth Vader lost his hand because of Palpatines torturing. We know it was Dooku that slices it of. But at the time, George didn;t know that yet.

Now we're going off topic but let's look at it this way... What would Mara Jade know? She wasn't there in either event to know what actually happened. It was like at the beginning of TSL when Exile talks to Atton about Revan and he basically tells Exile that is what the rumors say. ;)

But I'd still like to see Bao-Dur in some form in the next game, same with Jolee and it sucked that the only mention of him in TSL was through the Bindo binder headgear and Mical's discussion of holocrons.
 Ztalker
03-08-2006, 8:26 AM
What would Mara Jade know?

She was the right-hand of the Emperor from the age of about 9, so i guess she knows :p Also, she was in at Boba's Palace at the time when Luke fought the Rancor there. But you are right.

#Focusses on Topic#

I'd like to see Bao-Dur return. He was a cool, talented guy with a rather cool backstory. Like posted before, he could be with Jolee and be a Grey Jedi himself too. I'd like to see that :)
 Darth InSidious
03-08-2006, 9:31 AM
I wouldn't trust anything Kreia says as being worth anything. She's trying to get the Exile to do her bidding, and won't stop for anyone or thing.
 Prime
03-08-2006, 11:11 AM
I've heared then when a writer finshes a book, it first goes to Lucas. If Lucas realy wanted BOba to die, it would have happened.It goes to Lucas Licensing, who review it to make sure it fits in with the other stories in the EU. The only involvement by Lucas is guidelines on what can and cannot be done overall (like not being able to kill Luke and making certain things off limits). LL makes sure these guidelines, amongst other things, are followed.

Now back on topic. :)
 RobQel-Droma
03-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I think Bao-Dur died, because when your his Remote on Malachor, it shows a hologram of Bao-Dur. He says.

If you are watching this.

It's sounds like he knew he was going to die. In the cut content he sacrificed himself on M4-78 for the Exile

True, it does sound like he's dead, so he might very well not show in K3. However, you really don't know, and he could be alive. Even if in the cut content he was supposed to sacrifice himself on M4-78, that is just what it says: cut content. It never happened in the finished (or not-so-finished) game.

And besides, some of this doesn't make any sense. What happened to any of the Exile's crew on Malachor V? If the planet is destroyed, there's only one ship that leaves, and that is the miraculously fixed Ebon Hawk. I don't understand what happened to all the rest of the party, like Mira, and Bao-Dur.
 JediMaster12
03-08-2006, 2:42 PM
I'm happy to follow through with what Kreia says about Bao-dur since she can't sense his thoughts anyway. I don't trust her completely because one thing I've learned is that somethings have double meanings. After all many of the truths we cling to, depend greatly from our own point of view.
 KyleOfHarpenden
03-14-2006, 5:11 PM
Ye but there just predictions they arent actually what will certainly happen she coulnt read bao durs mind and got mad when u could a bit and always like did strange things that made no sence so maybe this wa one of them
 Darth InSidious
03-14-2006, 6:50 PM
'Difficult to read, the future is. Always in motion...'
owtte, anyway.
;)
 JediMaster12
03-15-2006, 2:14 AM
The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is.
 Clone L68362
03-15-2006, 2:28 AM
I wouldn't trust anything Kreia says as being worth anything. She's trying to get the Exile to do her bidding, and won't stop for anyone or thing.

Kreia's not that simple. You think she just made all that up, as she was dieing?
 Ztalker
03-15-2006, 5:54 AM
I think Kreia is twisted by the force.

I always thought she was trying to make a 'race' of grey jedi like herself. I always though that was the basic of her interest towards Atris and the Exile, and her desinterest for you training the various NPC's: They aren't grey.

Also, i thought she returned to Malachor 5 because her plan has failed.
-If you are LS, you go and see the masters and have a nice conversation with them. You accept the facts, and Kreia sees your a softy.
If you are DS, you are a threat to heir reign, and she goes to hide behind 'sleeps with vibroblades.'

In short terms:
Kreia is diaspointed in the PC (her last padawan, her last attempt to 'save' the galaxy from her opinion), and gives up. She then surrenders herself, and does what every defeated villain in the SW universe does:
Mumble about the future. Some examples:
-Yoda: 'T---there is...another...Skywalker'
-Kenobi: 'Run to Dagobah'
-Darth Vader: 'My death is inavitable.'
-Empror Palpatine: 'AAAAAAAAAH' *bzzz*
 Renegade Puma
03-15-2006, 9:25 AM
I think the topic creator might be on to something here. Really good thinking mate. We shall see if it comes to pass.
 Meatbag
03-15-2006, 10:15 AM
Thanks.
And there was a thread recetnly about how K3 might come soon, as LEGO SW2 is coming, and I posted that long ago, lol
 Ztalker
03-15-2006, 10:35 AM
I've just putted mu back-upped Malachor save in the Kotor 2 folder again, and have played it once again.

It's indeed strange that Kreia doesn't mention the droids, while she has obviously knows of thier existence and their relation to Revan. She even had some dialogues with T3!

But it's also strange what she says about the others. It almost seems as if their role in K3 is set, and they will be only have a side role. It could mean that HK and T3 return!
Page: 1 of 1