Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is it just me? Or was the Hoth campaign easy?

Page: 1 of 1
 Crow_Nest
03-05-2006, 9:15 AM
I read about people saying how "impossible" the Hoth mission was. And i always thought it was so impossible that only the best players could beat it, even my friend could only beat it when he plays 4-player co-op on the xbox (he still lost when he played coop with his bro playing on Normal)

But today, i was finishing up the 501st campaign, played Hoth. And to my surprise, it was pretty easy, although it can get a little more challenging towards the end. I successfully finished the entire mission on my first attempt on the Normal difficulty. After that, i was a little WTF at how easy it was.

Is it because im good at this? Or was it just luck? Did anyone else here complete Hoth easily on their first attempt?
 Niner_777
03-05-2006, 10:44 AM
I also thought the Hoth mission was rather easy. However, the first time I tried it, I failed. After that, I did some GC and instant action for training. I think it was the timer that intimidated me. lol. The next time I tried it, I beat it.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-05-2006, 1:20 PM
Yeah. Agreed. The Hoth mission was rather easy. I beat it on my second try because I had to go the first time I tried, but I was rather easy. Thouhg Vader helps, but you gotta use him. But, yeah, I was too easy.
 zerted
03-05-2006, 2:05 PM
You shouldn't say something is easy when you are playing it on the easy level. Do it with elite AI and don't use Darth Vader (turn off auto-aim too).
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-05-2006, 2:29 PM
You shouldn't say something is easy when you are playing it on the easy level. Do it with elite AI and don't use Darth Vader (turn off auto-aim too).

What are you? My mom? :xp:
 PoiuyWired
03-05-2006, 5:30 PM

Well, Auto-Aim is actually bad... it affacts your shooting so you have less criticals (including headshots) ... technically it makes you less effective.

Actually I didn't know about the vader thing until I have finished the game, but yeah Hoth is the only hard Land Battle in the game.

That having said, I haven't tried easy level, maybe its a walk in the park.
 Crow_Nest
03-05-2006, 11:35 PM

Im playing on the PC, and there is no auto-aim option for the PC only the consoles. YEah still gotta try playing elite difficulty on Hoth, i want a REAL challenge. :p
 Findannus
03-06-2006, 8:31 AM
I found the last part where you have to defend the beacon terribly hard, until I realised that I had friendly fire off. When FF is on, the level's a snap.
 BinaryZero
03-10-2006, 2:34 PM
It actually took me quite a few tries to get through this. The one time I eventually made it, I had exactly 3 seconds left on the timer when I got the beacon into place.
 Fate's Decision
03-11-2006, 2:30 PM
what's your difficulty setting? I beat Hoth Campaign on normal mode the first time i tried, but when I did it on hard mode, oh man. After like, my tenth try, I could only beat it by using Darth Vader's force choke on a nearby Bothan and sticking him above the homing beacon as a shield. I would have trouble believing the best SW gamer in the world would concider Hoth on Elite easy.
 PoiuyWired
03-11-2006, 8:59 PM
placing the bacon is easy, but guarding it against the hungry terrorists is not.

its hard hen there is like 20 nades flying your way.
 jawathehutt
03-11-2006, 10:42 PM
i thuoght it was hard
on mp tho its easy
 JawaJoey
04-16-2006, 9:17 PM
I beat it first try, (normal, PC, no Vader). Not easily, though. The first parts weren't bad at all. Getting Echo base was kind of hard, especially since none of the NPCs would drive the damn AT-AT close to it. I drove it halfway, but didn't feel i had time to walk all the way.

The end got kind of intense, but I didn't really have trouble until planting the beacon. I basically just ran, and died like 6 times. One time I got like 2 feet witht he beacon before I died again. And another time I was just short of the beason when I died. I was feaking out, not wanting to do the mission over. That's the hard part, the length.

Once I got the beacon down, though, it wasn't hard to defend it, not at all. Just stay away from it and nade the path that they all run down to it.

I was glad to only have to do it once, it was so long. but not as terrible as I've heard form some people. I don't want to try on elite, though.
Page: 1 of 1