Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

new heroes

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth_Death
03-03-2006, 6:39 PM
If you could have new heroes for bf2 which would you choose?

I personally like thinking outside the movie so i would choose quinlan vos as a hero addition for the republic...
 toue
03-03-2006, 6:53 PM
i think i'd like ferus olin even though as far as i've read last of the jedi he's still pretty much padawan level in force powers, vos'd be sweet to though
 ScoutTrooper95
03-03-2006, 6:57 PM
I'd like to see Plo Koon. That's all I can think of.
 Darth_Death
03-03-2006, 7:14 PM
I'd like to see Plo Koon. That's all I can think of.

o ya plo koon who'd be awesome no doubt about it...
 Niner_777
03-03-2006, 7:28 PM
I think it would be cool to have a commando as a hero for the republic. Maybe even have a squad that follows you around. Though the AI probably wouldn't be to great. The squad might just get in your way.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-03-2006, 7:31 PM
Qui-Gonn, of course. ;)
 Alkonium
03-03-2006, 7:34 PM
Padmй, mainly because the Republic doesn't have any gunfighting heroes. Lando, because everyone seems to want him. Roron Corobb, Kyle Katarn. and Mara Jade, because the CIS shouldn't be the only ones with an EU hero.
 Darth_Death
03-03-2006, 7:35 PM
I think it would be cool to have a commando as a hero for the republic. Maybe even have a squad that follows you around. Though the AI probably wouldn't be to great. The squad might just get in your way.

i never thought about having comando's as heroes that would definetly be kool. Or maybe someone like comander cody or comander bly?
 Niner_777
03-03-2006, 7:44 PM
A hero for the empire could be one of those special dark troopers from Rouge Clones: First Assault (Battlefront 1) that have the super powerful laser gun.
 Kurgan
03-03-2006, 8:05 PM
Qui Gon Jinn & Old Ben Kenobi. ;)

Younglings! (for the "Anakin hunts the Younglings addon map" that you will make, yesssss).

Oh and we need some Ewoks and Jawas with lightsabers. Trust me on this one. ;)
 Darth_Death
03-03-2006, 8:14 PM
lol. Or maybe there should be a create your own jedi with multiple species EXAMPLES: Gungans, jawas and ewoks (as kurgan pointed out) hutts, wookiees humans and lots more. Any of you think they will make a mod that letts you create a jedi?
 Niner_777
03-03-2006, 8:22 PM
That's a great idea Darth_Death. You should be able to choose what kind of clothes they wear, and their accessories too. They could be wearing stupid hats or something. lol
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-03-2006, 8:51 PM
Qui Gon Jinn & Old Ben Kenobi. ;)

Younglings! (for the "Anakin hunts the Younglings addon map" that you will make, yesssss).

Oh and we need some Ewoks and Jawas with lightsabers. Trust me on this one. ;)

No doubt. That would be awesome. :)
 ParanoidAndroid
03-03-2006, 9:54 PM
Ya gotta have Qui-gon, and all those background cool looking jedi who everyone seems to love. Lando and Padme might be good extra shooter heroes.

I also advocate Nute Gunray, not really as a playable hero but more as a "kill this unit" NPC...
 MachineCult
03-04-2006, 6:54 AM
Def. Quinlan Vos, that guy is so cool.
 Darth_Death
03-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Lando and Padme might be good extra shooter heroes.

Padme and lando are great ideas for bf2. I now wonder why they didn't add padme' as one of the heroes for the game. . Maybe there thinking of putting her in a bf3?
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Ya gotta have Qui-gon, and all those background cool looking jedi who everyone seems to love. Lando and Padme might be good extra shooter heroes.

I also advocate Nute Gunray, not really as a playable hero but more as a "kill this unit" NPC...

Yeah, gotta have Lando and Padme. And yeah, Nute Gunray should be a unit you can kill, like the Queen on Naboo.
 lord-slane
03-04-2006, 11:55 PM
yeah padme would be good
 PoiuyWired
03-05-2006, 5:20 PM
Kenos... THE Imperial Guard.
HK47.
Wicket.

Lando, definitely.
 Darth Andrew
03-05-2006, 8:20 PM
How about these gimmick heros:

R2-D2 (Rebel Alliance) - Has boost rockets (jetpack), a miniaturized Arc Caster, and some sort of melee weapon (doesn't he have a little chainsaw in one of the movies?). And if he manages to get Frenzy, he can use a little walkie-talkie (like he used in Episodes III and IV) that calls down AN ENTIRE LEGION OF REBEL VANGUARDS!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 Now you say, "But that will unbalance the game! Boo hoo!" Seriously, if you allow an astromech droid that goes 2 m.p.h. to get a Frenzy, you deserve to lose. Badly.

C-3PO (Rebel Alliance) - Has bludgeoning arms for a melee attack, and a Chattering Sonic Wave of Death (C-3PO's constant talking builds up and causes an outward sonic wave that not only kills large groups of enemies, but throws them back 20 feet if they somehow manage to survive the carnage). If C-3PO gets a Frenzy, he also gets a walkie-talkie that causes hundreds, if not thousands, of ewoks to climb out of the woodwork and attack enemies with sticks, stones, and the occasional pistol.

Jar-Jar Binks (Republic, sadly) - Klutz (waves his arms wildly around, hitting enemies and throwing them to the ground), shotput booma (basically a grenade launcher that takes a long time to charge up to throw EMP-like grenades, but has massive area-of-effect damage), and 'Meesa Bombad Warrior!' (talks in his annoying way that brings enemies to their knees, causing them to scream in agony. Perfect for disabling enemies.). If Jar-Jar somehow manages to get a Frenzy, he explodes from his excitement of miraculously getting it, causing a nuclear holocaust on the map. The battle usually ends there, seeing how nothing can survive a nuclear holocaust. This will cause both allies and enemies to avoid Jar-Jar like the plague, thus Jar-Jar will never be used. Now call that unbalanced. :D
 arkodeon
03-05-2006, 8:29 PM
Plo Koon :O
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-05-2006, 9:29 PM
How about these gimmick heros:

R2-D2 (Rebel Alliance & Republic) - Has boost rockets (jetpack), a miniaturized Arc Caster, and some sort of melee weapon (doesn't he have a little chainsaw in one of the movies?). And if he manages to get Frenzy, he can use a little walkie-talkie (like he used in Episodes III and IV) that calls down AN ENTIRE LEGION OF REBEL VANGUARDS!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 Now you say, "But that will unbalance the game! Boo hoo!" Seriously, if you allow an astromech droid that goes 2 m.p.h. to get a Frenzy, you deserve to lose. Badly.

Fixed. He'd be sweet to use. Though, I tink he should be for both the Rebs and the Republic.
 jawathehutt
03-05-2006, 9:39 PM
UBER EWOK OF XTREME MASSACREATIONS +10 177N355
it would be the uber hero
it owuld be an ewok who has a autorailgun with unlimitd ammo from red faction 2
also he would fly, have every force power and a super lightsaber and would move uber fast
would he be over powered
of course but ewoks pwn so there
 Redtech
03-07-2006, 8:57 AM
I like the Jar Jar idea. Overpowered heros are the whole point of the game.
 Neon
03-07-2006, 1:56 PM
Maybe there thinking of putting her in a bf3?

I hope I died at the age of 100 when they announce that they are gonna make that game.
 PoiuyWired
03-08-2006, 3:20 PM
That Poon Tang Jedi (or however you spell it) would be nice, so would dark woman, or Kyle, or GURI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh speak of Kyle, Jan Ors, that Sariss Dark Jedi chick(however you spell it) or Boc from Jedi Knights series, or Jerec.

Hmm... IG88 would also be nice.
 Fate's Decision
03-08-2006, 5:39 PM
Qui Gon, as I've said a billion times in other threads. However, it does seem as though the Heros outweigh the Villans, so I'd like to see Zam Wesell as the only female villan.
 jawathehutt
03-08-2006, 7:10 PM
qui gon and ig88 would be good
 MachineCult
03-09-2006, 4:56 AM
Quinlan Vos,
and maybe to make the heroes less Jedi intensive, like jawathehutt said, IG88 and the other bounty Hunters like Bossk, Zuckuss, Dengar, etc.
 TSR
03-09-2006, 7:44 AM
maybe a couple of random younglings. just for cannon fodder...
 jawathehutt
03-09-2006, 11:13 AM
lol
what about space heros
like the falcon for the rebs, a jedi flying a jedi starfighter for the rep, the slave one or like bossks ship for the emps
idk for the cis
but wouldnt it be cool if you could explore the millinium falcon and the other ships
 Darth_Death
03-09-2006, 1:26 PM
maybe for the cis you could have jango fett in the slave I...
 PoiuyWired
03-09-2006, 2:04 PM
Don't think you can do Hero-Only Vehicles though.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-09-2006, 5:31 PM
Don't think you can do Hero-Only Vehicles though.

Possibly. That'd be a good idea. But, I think all units should be able to use it.
 Darth_Death
03-09-2006, 5:37 PM
well not exactly... AT some point in the game (while in space) it lets you choose to be a hero. then the veichle is availbe for that hero. it wouldn't be the same if any charecter or unit got to go in a special aircraft
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-09-2006, 5:47 PM
well not exactly... AT some point in the game (while in space) it lets you choose to be a hero. then the veichle is availbe for that hero. it wouldn't be the same if any charecter or unit got to go in a special aircraft

Ya....I never realized that. I guess, I can agree w/ that.
 Niner_777
03-09-2006, 6:20 PM
The jedi starfighter could dodge most of the attacks automatically. Also, it could have super accurate weapons. The weapons could be more powerful and the ship could fly faster. Something like this.
 Trouble
03-09-2006, 11:59 PM
More powerful weapons and faster speed I could go for, but wouldn't dodging attacks automatically and super accurate weapons take away from the purpose of building skill in the game? To me, that's the fun of the game, building the skill to improve play.
 Kurgan
03-10-2006, 10:56 PM
Perhaps there's a way to make a vehicle Hero only... just put it high up in the air or on a small pedestal such that you'd need a Jedi Force Jump or Jetpack to reach it...

Except I guess Jet Troopers and Dark Troopers would still be able to get to it, and the few heroes without any sort of flight ability wouldn't be able to use it (Grievous, Leia, Han, Chewie).
 Kurgan
03-10-2006, 11:03 PM

That might work. And the same could be said of if you're flying in an air vehicle on a ground map... So you'd spawn as the Hero inside your special hero vehicle. But I suppose you ditch the vehicle and some ordinary grunt could then steal it... ;)
 PoiuyWired
03-11-2006, 9:04 PM

Good if you can pull it off, but I think the illusion of that being possable in the campaign is that all AI is set to ignore the vehicle. Now if you do this online its hard for you to stop chipmonk bobby from jacking your ride (I suggest setting FF=On so you can put the kid out of his misery and him cry like he just realized he himself is an accident.
 alex533
03-20-2006, 2:27 PM
Well we already have AnakinEp2 and Bespin Luke.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4204/screenshot00468gm.jpg)
 PoiuyWired
03-20-2006, 4:28 PM
Now when will we have slavegirl Leia??
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-20-2006, 5:52 PM
But now, we need Ep. 3 Ani on a non-mod version.
 jawathehutt
03-20-2006, 10:51 PM
i want episode 6 uber pwner wicket
 Darth Alec
03-21-2006, 6:03 AM
Space vehicles would be easy, just make them locked for non-hero units. That would pretty much solve it, or that they begin in space, flying in from the edge, as some sort of reinforcement.
 TSR
03-21-2006, 6:39 AM
one for all us knights of the old republicers... darth revan! and maybe bastilla.... and a cathar jedi like juhanni. but not her. she scares me.
 jawathehutt
03-21-2006, 10:30 PM
perhaps an assain jedi wperson who crreps around and looks scarey and does high damage but slow attack recharge kinda thing
 TSR
03-22-2006, 7:15 AM
what about a rancor?

extreme pwnage!!!! just dont go against luke.....
 Redtech
03-22-2006, 8:57 AM
No, the Death Star II in space levels. You fly it like a fighter and you're pretty much an insta-kill to anything. Sweet.
Page: 1 of 2