Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Confused about reinforcements in space

Page: 1 of 1
 jediturkey
03-03-2006, 2:49 PM
I'm confused about reinforcements in space. I'm being attacked by the empire, and automatically, near my space station, reinforcements are coming in to help me. Are they from my other systems or .. ?

Thank you. :)
 arkodeon
03-03-2006, 3:30 PM
The are the garrison that comes in due to your Station Level, they just appear out of the air. ;D Your other units in other systems are not being affected, don't worry.
 jediturkey
03-03-2006, 11:49 PM
That's odd. It seemed like units from other systems. Are they being built by the station?
 wedge2211
03-04-2006, 12:14 AM
They just come with the station. As long as your station hangar is intact, those garrison units will hyperspace in. Every time the enemy destroys a garrison unit, a new one will hyperspace in. It works just like troops spawning from a barracks on the ground.

The units don't "come from" any particular fleet or system, they come with the station (depending on your station level). Though, of course, you can always pretend they hyperspaced in from a nearby system when they recieved word of the attack. ;)
 jediturkey
03-04-2006, 2:27 AM
Are they in unlimited quantities? How can I tell how many are garrisoned?

Thank you. :)
 pbarny
03-05-2006, 9:32 PM
Like stated above, as long as your hangar remains intact (that is the hardpoint isn't destroyed) you keep getting a replacement unit when one is destroyed. You have an unlimited number but only one deployed at a time.
 ScorLibran
03-11-2006, 6:17 PM
The number of each ship type depends on the level of Space station. A Rebel level-4 space station, for instance, garrisons 1 Nebulon-B, 2 Corellion Corvettes, 4 X-Wing squadrons and 2 Y-Wing squadrons.

And yeah it'll keep spawning them indefinitely. And there's a little overlap, even. If one of your ships is very damaged, then the station will spawn another one in its place, seemingly beyond the garrison limit. The game apparently measures the combat value of the damaged ship, and if it's below a certain point, it'll go ahead and replace it if one's ready in its hangar. I've had three Corellion Corvettes in operation from a Rebel lvl-4 station several times. And I was sure this wasn't one of my own, as it was a planet getting attacked with none of my fleet in orbit, only the space station.
Page: 1 of 1