Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Run time error in game

Page: 1 of 1
 shadowriath
03-02-2006, 5:37 PM
After installing this tool I've started getting run time errors in game. Which makes it rather hard to progress more then 30mins time between crashs.

Edit: Ok, uninstalled the tool and the run time errors stopped. So obveusly the tool was the cause. Next question would be why it's causing them.
 RedHawke
03-03-2006, 1:09 AM
Did you have KotOR Tool running while playing the game?

If so then you need to close it when playing.
 shadowriath
03-03-2006, 3:31 AM
Nope, just the fact of it installed did caused it. Would the fact that I only have KoToR2 installed be a cause? I noticed that the tool installed stuff for KoToR1 and was looking for it.

-----

More testing. Farther points to the tool being the cause of the C++ run time error crashs. Adnormal tormination of swkotor2.exe.

Have to uninstall the tool and the game to fix the issue. After that no crash's or graphical flashing.

So it's something in the code of the tool is being imcompatable with my systems set-up...or at least my games set-up.

-----

Haven't patched the game due to research into the patch finding out it really doesn't fix any thing but also cause's problem where none was in the first place.

shadowraith, please do not bump topics as they are against our Forum Rules. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=127725) I deleted the Bump Post. -RH
 RedHawke
03-04-2006, 4:10 AM
Unfortunately I don't have an answer for you as I have never had that problem.

Due to Fred Tetra's recent unfortunate events (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=161525) it looks like you might have to wait sometime before you will get an answer. :( But if Fred has one for you rest assured he will answer you, so please be patient. :)
 shadowriath
03-07-2006, 1:58 PM
Found the proble with it. It involved the new mobo I installed. Needed to move a jumper setting. Seems just setting the FSB timing manualy in the BIOS didn't work fully.
Page: 1 of 1