Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forum Question

Page: 1 of 1
 gswift
03-02-2006, 4:40 PM
I hope this is the right place to post this question.

What is the purpose of the buddy list? I tried adding someone to my list, but I don't see any special reaction from the site. I was hoping to find a way to easily locate new posts by someone. (without opening thier profile and showing all posts)

Thank you in advance, and good work on the site. :-)
 Bob Lion54
03-02-2006, 4:49 PM
Well, it does a few things. For one thing, when ever one of your buddies is online, their name will have a "+" by it. It just makes them stand out a bit more in the big mess of names at the bottom of the page.

Its also good for PMs. all you have to do is click there name to send a PM, rather than having to type it out. (Sinse you have to spell the name exactly, this is quite handy, especially if your buddy has a hard to spell name.) EDIT: No, thats not true. I think it was like that in the old forum, though. At least you have the correct spelling of your buddies name on hand.

I think it can do a few other things, but to be honest, I never really use it. I only have something like 3 or 4 buddies.
 gswift
03-02-2006, 5:48 PM
So it's just the little + by the name at the bottom when they're online. Thanks guys, I wouldn't have noticed that right away. Maybe the buddy/block list page should offer an explanation. I don't remember seeing anything.

Another question: Will the block list hide posts and IM's from an individual? There's nobody I wan't to block right now, but you never know. Maybe that should be explained better on the buddy/block page as well.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-03-2006, 9:33 AM
Its also good for PMs. all you have to do is click there name to send a PM, rather than having to type it out. (Sinse you have to spell the name exactly, this is quite handy, especially if your buddy has a hard to spell name.) EDIT: No, thats not true. I think it was like that in the old forum, though. At least you have the correct spelling of your buddies name on hand.
You're close :)

When you open your buddy list (via the the Quick Links option at the top of the forum).. you'll see a list of all of your Buddies. You can click the checkboxes next to their name (max of 5 per PM) and then scroll to the bottom of the list and click the PM Users button. :)

Plus, the Buddy List will auto-refresh itself after a minute or so. It's pretty handy in those respects...
Page: 1 of 1