Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Venator Question

Page: 1 of 1
 mandead
02-24-2006, 7:37 PM
Hello, chaps :)

Just a quick question.

I don't wish to allow either the Rebellion nor the Empire to build Venator-class Star Destroyers in the conventional manner, but how do I go about making them buildable from the merchant yard? They are mentioned there, along with the Pirate Fighters and Frigates, and I'd like them to be build there, when captured.

How do I do this? Thanks :)
 Three60
02-24-2006, 7:49 PM
You mean like the Capital ships being built on certain planets?

<Required_Planets>MonCalimari, Kuat, Fondor, Sullust</Required_Planets>

If so, put that in where it has required things.
 mandead
02-24-2006, 7:52 PM
No, I don't mean being able to build on certain planets.

I'm talking about skirmish (primarily) - you know the merchant yards where you can hire pirate vessels? How do I make it so you can hire Venators there as well?
 Three60
02-24-2006, 8:20 PM
Ah, that's what you mean...
I don't know. Maybe find where it's located in the file, see if it says somewhere what units are built there, and add the venator. But again, I don't know about skirmish.
 patrickjak
02-24-2006, 8:32 PM
you want to add them into the spacebuildabelsskirmash xml....

Empire,
Jedi_Cruiser_E,
Victory_Destroyer_2,
Star_Destroyer_E3,
Empire_Pirate_IPV,
Empire_Pirate_Frigate,
Empire_Pirate_Fighter_Squadron,
Rebel,
Jedi_Cruiser_R,
Rebel_Pirate_IPV,
Rebel_Pirate_Frigate,
Rebel_Pirate_Fighter_Squadron,

hope that helps,
 Slocket
02-25-2006, 12:08 AM
yep, thats is it as patrickjak stated. Download the Venator_full2 Mod and only use the already to go file/

spacebuildablesshirmish.xml

or change simple as he showed
 mandead
02-25-2006, 4:40 AM
Yeah I did this last night, thanks :)

I also copied the UNIQUEUNITS file across (because I didn't have one before then), and copied the Jedi_Cruiser's section from HARDPOINTS, so it gets a hanger and stuff.

I've given it 4 V-Wing squadrons and made its firepower and armour slightly above that of a Victory-class Star Destroyer, as it was the model that superseded it, I believe.
Page: 1 of 1