Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Nebulon-B and other Imperial Frigate

Page: 1 of 1
 RevanSithLord
02-23-2006, 9:53 PM
Hey all! I just recently downloaded the mod tools, went into Zero Editor because someone told me there was 2 never before seen frigates, the Nebulon-B Medical Frigate and some other Victory type class Imperial Frigate. I have yet to find them to place them down. Can anyone tell me the file names of them? Thanks! And also if someone can teach me more on how to mod, thanks, because I dont feel like reading all of the Documentation. LOL.

Anyway, thanks.

Revan

EDIT- ALSO, is it possible to make the DC-15 sidearm pistol act like the DC-15b rifle? (DC-15 B, the ones most of the Commanders used in Ep3 and what all Clones used in Republic Commando. I still think it's just the DC-15s because they look the same, and everyones telling me different, so don't blame me.)
 zerted
02-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Yes, you can change weapon properties. Look for the weapon's odf file.
 RevanSithLord
02-24-2006, 1:43 PM
Thanks! :D
 minilogoguy18
02-24-2006, 8:19 PM
where are the actual odf's and msh files for the nebulon B frigate and what im PRAYING for is a victory class ISD?
 Xbx_Inthusiast
02-24-2006, 9:55 PM
Zerted, is there a way to edit a normal map (like KAS for example) to modify it's ODF files and munge it to a .lvl like you did with the other one you'd make in visualmunge? I've been trying and failing..
 zerted
02-24-2006, 11:42 PM
I really haven't done much modding. I've looked though random game files, learned how to setup CPs, and now I'm in the process of reading all the documentation that comes with the mod tools. I want to read everything so I know whats possible before I start creating.

I know what you can easily change (such as weapon stats) and how to edit them, but I haven't exported anything into the game.

I believe all the normal maps are present in the mod tools. I assume you can create another map, say named KAS, then copy all the files from the real game's KAS into your own map. Then you might be able to edit whatever you want and export it. However, the map will have the same name as one already in game, I don't think the game can handle two maps with the same name. You would have to remove (back it up first) the retail version's KAS map. I think you could to this, but I haven't tried. Give it a shot.
 RevanSithLord
02-25-2006, 2:14 AM
Sad thing is, lol I read all of it, and Im still sucking. I guess practice makes perfect? Or...better lmao. Ill work my hardest this year to help make cool mods and if it doesnt work out, well, heh. ;)
 minilogoguy18
02-25-2006, 2:56 AM
uh can someone answer me please? where are the nebulon B and ISD frigate odf and mshs?
 maxloef
02-25-2006, 3:59 AM
when u make a space map go to data_modid/world/modid/odf spa1_minidestroyer1.odf and spa1_medicalfrigate i think ive put them in a map they WORK but dont have names and when u kill them u can still fly into them they will jsut sit there after the xplosion :P
 RevanSithLord
02-25-2006, 6:14 PM
LMAO awesome!
 Arcane_Penguin
02-26-2006, 5:24 AM
hehe, i put a Rep Capital ship and everything into a land map, its hoverign in the air, lol, fun
 ghost hunter
02-26-2006, 6:29 AM
i know its not on subject but can someone post a good place to download the modtools thats free with not to much wait
 RevanSithLord
02-27-2006, 12:57 AM
you could download from the austrailian link from starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com

Well, the austrailian server I mean. Go find the mod tools link on the front page and find the austrailian server, and it will take under 60 seconds or so til it downloads or it lets you download the file. Toodle-oo

It works most of the time. Im not even in austrailia either. LOL
 ghost hunter
02-27-2006, 3:20 AM
thanks i got them now very confussig though
 Arcane_Penguin
02-27-2006, 3:47 AM
in in australia, it goes at 48 KB a second from the aussie server at filefront,

but there was only 5 mins wait for a 60 KB second DL at fileplanet? O.o
 Arc9
02-28-2006, 5:30 PM
In what file are the Nebulon B and the VSD?
Page: 1 of 1