Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Monitor issuies

Page: 1 of 1
 Jmaster3265
02-21-2006, 6:33 PM
Hello everyone,

Please only tech people respond to this topic. I have been noticing there is something wrong with my monitor. I've noticed when i play a game or run something and it has to load it turns black. YOu know? Another ex: the screensaver *windows xp* black backround i noticed my monitors screen isnt black when running its this light black and around the corners light is shining? It is hard to describe and looks really bad. Anyone know why it is doing this? I have a flat panel. Could it be screen burn is it fixable? No it isnt a matter or brightness level...
 El Sitherino
02-25-2006, 2:07 PM
Post some pictures.

Chances are the light shining through the corners is just that the monitor sucks and it's isn't covered all the way around at the base of the display.

The light black has to do with your brightness and contrast settings.
 Astrotoy7
03-05-2006, 9:30 AM
what monitor do you have ?? does it have a setup utility ?? alot of them have a "restore factory settings" or similar option.

Let us know your brand and model :)

mtfbwya
 Jmaster3265
03-12-2006, 2:44 PM
It is a sony vaio monitor.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
03-13-2006, 10:46 PM
There are a lot of those, you need to be more specific, like DxDiag file specific.
 Jmaster3265
03-14-2006, 7:23 PM
How would i find this information out? Idk, telling me would be great......
 Jeff
03-14-2006, 8:10 PM
Idk, telling me would be great......Idk, Googling it (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=what+is+DxDiag+wiki&btnG=Search) could help... :)
Page: 1 of 1