Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The xml folder

Page: 1 of 1
 TotalBiscuit
02-21-2006, 1:11 PM
Quick nub question for you lot. Does the xml folder automatically over-ride files which are in the .meg's? I've used the All planets campaign, which does work by simply putting it into the xml folder, however my No Pirates mod doesn't seem to do the same, despite the fact that it only modifies one file. Now I'd like to be able to make my mod installation easier by eliminating the extraction and insertion programs, so any ideas?

TB.
 Tom Servo
02-21-2006, 1:38 PM
Yup everything in the xml folder will overwrite anything in the .meg files. Check to see if you extracted in the correct folder.
 Zer0xChan
02-21-2006, 3:44 PM
I'm a little confused as to where the XML folder is. I don't see it anywhere in my install.
 Arc9
02-21-2006, 4:04 PM
you have to make it.Put it in Gamedata/data
 Bob Lion54
02-21-2006, 4:39 PM
Quick nub question for you lot. Does the xml folder automatically over-ride files which are in the .meg's? I've used the All planets campaign, which does work by simply putting it into the xml folder, however my No Pirates mod doesn't seem to do the same, despite the fact that it only modifies one file. Now I'd like to be able to make my mod installation easier by eliminating the extraction and insertion programs, so any ideas?

TB.

You don't need to use the insertion program. Just drop the moddified xml file into the xml folder. It will overright the variables in the meg.

Aslo, make sure you remove the "DATA%XML%" from your moddified file's name.

As far as eliminating the extraction program, just extract the megs once and save them somewhere. As long as you don't overright them, you'll never need to extract them again.

Hope that helps!
 TotalBiscuit
02-21-2006, 5:31 PM
Yes that does help. The reason is the DATA%SML%.

Ok, now I can simplify my installation, thanks :P

TB.
Page: 1 of 1