Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Venator fully enabled for download here.

Page: 1 of 2
 Slocket
02-20-2006, 6:52 PM
Enables both Venator version for Rebel and Empire. Full fighter squadrons and additional improvements. Venator_Full

http://rapidshare.de/files/13752296/Venator_Full.rar.html)

----------------------------------
Venator_Full_Enable "Empire At War" all version to 1.2 Slocket 2-20-2006

Updated version allows Venator to be played in Skirmish Mode also.

Venator_Full_Enable2
http://rapidshare.de/files/13911387/Venator_Full_2.rar.html) :king1:

Enables two versions of the Venator for both the Empire and Rebels.
The Rebel's version has in game red markings and so do the fighters it spawns.
Empire version is all plain grey as usual. Works for full game.

Added unique Rebel and Empire voice confirmation upon build, cancel, completed.
Spawns 1 squadron of V-Wings unique to each side. 1 more in reserve for two total.
Each side can be customized for price, power, etc for the Empire or Rebel version.
You can add change the skins or models if you wish.

Added a visible targetable Hanger Bay hardpoint to model.

Wish list is to change the space build icon for the Rebels to make it with red markings.
A small matter. It is a tga file. Needs to be extracted and repainted ART folder.

This was a real pain to figure out all the sneaky changes to get it to work again in the
full version.

Tested only for Galactic Conquest Mode (singleplayer since I do not do MP).
The skirmish maps were to have a Venator to buy, later maybe I can see if it can be fixed. UPDATE Bug fixed. Venator can now be purchased at Merchant Dock.

Make a folder XML in you GameData\Data folder. Place the three files in there.

HARDPOINTS.xml, UNIQUEUNITS.xml SPACEBUILDABLESSKIRMISH.xml

Thanks to the guys who got the Venator to work propper in the demo. It helped alot!

Version History: 1.0

Future release.
Needs tga for Rebel Icon build tab modified so it looks different from the Empire plain gray.
Enable for Skirmish maps. In-game description info box pop up for Empire counter/ good etc.

Update: 1.2

Enabled for Skirmish Mode play too.
--------------------
 bucky699
02-20-2006, 9:10 PM
Hey there thanx much for this makes rebellion a lil more fair having an extra ship. What i'd like to kno is 2 things, where in the file can i change the Money cost and also i want to make it Rebel only not empire do u know how do change these. If u do cna u please tell us so i can change them myself?

thanx in advance
 queetz
02-20-2006, 9:25 PM
I downloaded the file from the rapidshare site but only got one file called "Venator_Full.rar". I don't know where the "HARDPOINTS.xml" and "UNIQUEUNITS.xml" files come from.

So do we just create the XML folder in the Game Data\Data folder then put the "Venator_Full.rar" file in XML folder? Or is there a step that I missed?

Please confirm. Thanks! :)
 Slocket
02-20-2006, 9:32 PM
@Bucky699

It is real easy. Just open the UniqueUnits.xml with a text editor such as word pad. Yo will see stuff that is readable. Search for "Jedi_Cruiser_R" that is the Rebel one. Below that about page down is something like <credit cost> 2500 </credit cost. Change that to what ever.

To remove the Empire's Venator it is called "Jedi_Cruiser_E" either erase it all, or just find below <Locked Build> NO </Locked Build> something like that. Just change it to 'Yes' meaning it is locked out. Other ways is to set it's tech level to 6 which the Empire can never research.

Or PM me and I can give a quick file with the changes. Tell me the price you want, and a valid link to upload to.

file UNIQUEUNITS.xml

------------------------------------Search for this using wordpad----

<UniqueUnit Name="Jedi_Cruiser_R">
<Text_ID>TEXT_UNIT_JEDI_CRUISER</Text_ID>
<Encyclopedia_Good_Against> Tartan_Patrol_Cruiser Broadside_Class_Cruiser </Encyclopedia_Good_Against>
<Encyclopedia_Vulnerable_To> Star_Destroyer Victory_Destroyer TIE_Bomber

--------------------below this you find the tech level requirments----

<Tech_Level>0</Tech_Level>
<Required_Timeline>0</Required_Timeline>
<Required_Ground_Base_Level>0</Required_Ground_Base_Level>
<Required_Star_Base_Level>1</Required_Star_Base_Level>

***change Tech_level>0 to say 6 makes it impossible to build for Empire when looking at Jedi_Cruiser_E***

--------------------------------further below is the cost----

<Build_Time_Seconds>45</Build_Time_Seconds>
<Build_Cost_Credits>2500</Build_Cost_Credits>
<Build_Tab_Space_Units>Yes</Build_Tab_Space_Units>
-----------------------
Here you see it is 2500. Make what ever you want.

Give a try, if it is your first time try again -never give up. Only way to learn really is by doing it by the hard way, trial and error Hacking is.
 Slocket
02-20-2006, 9:46 PM
@queetz

You must first unzip the packed file. It is in RAR format. It unzips into three files of which one is the readme the other two are the game files. If you do not have a unzipper that handles RAR files (files that end in the extension FILE.RAR) you can download WinRAR from here to use to unpack a file and several other formats automatically.

http://www.download.com/3000-2250-10007677.html)

WinRAR 3.51 this one has a free trial, I been using a free older version, just look around the web. Usually they keep working after the expire date anyway, just will not let you 'pack' a file. I just google search "WinRAR" a quick download for you to use.

I should have added that you must unpack the compressed package of files. it is so common, I forget to mention that in the readme.

Real mods have Real readme. ;)
 queetz
02-20-2006, 9:53 PM
^ Thanks Slocket!!! I can see the two files now! I really appreciate your help on this and I'm sure a lot of Venator fans will as well! :)
 bucky699
02-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanx for the info man n thanx for the modification all up hey do u kno wat the unit POd walker is lol it jus sounds strange. Newho thanx alot wonder wat else is in here we can add to building make the rebels that bit more powerful :twogun:
 Lanaus_Caspian
02-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Slocket, I put both xml files in but it only builds the venators. There is no fighter bay and there is no fighters.
 LenaMarieD
02-21-2006, 12:12 AM
i have the same problem no V-wings
 Slocket
02-21-2006, 12:35 AM
Really? I hope I did not upload the wrong file. Let me take a look.

UPDATE:

I looked them over and reloaded the exact files from the website. It works fine. hmm

If you are not getting a Fighter Bay Hanger you will not get any V-Wings to spawn. That is what was added to the HARDPOINTS.xml file.

Can you make sure they are in a folder you make called XML those two files, and it must be in root\GameData\Data folder. Not just root\GameData folder only.

Has anyone tried this yet and have it work to spawn V-Wings? The Hanger Bay is not very big and easy to over look hidden underneath the ship.

Can you look at this: Make sure you created a new folder called XML. Inside that folder place the two files HARDPOINTS and UNIQUEUNITS.

Now this folder called XML must be exactly inside the folder GameData\Data directory...it is easy to miss and just pace it in the GameData directory only.

It is very similiar to the demo mods. It even works for the Campaign missions.
 Orao
02-21-2006, 5:15 AM
You allso need to enter this ability "Spawn Fighters". Hard points has nothing to do. Hardpoint will only modify how turrrert are precise in respect to other units.
 darth_vadar_13
02-21-2006, 5:24 AM
wheres the download link on the rapidshare files link. I click on it nd it takes me in circles! do u hav to register?
 Lanaus_Caspian
02-21-2006, 8:23 AM
You allso need to enter this ability "Spawn Fighters". Hard points has nothing to do. Hardpoint will only modify how turrrert are precise in respect to other units.

I believe that is Spawn_Squadron in the SpaceBehavior area. Yes I have everything where its suppose to be.
Actually, I've been working on the Venater all weekend and still havent figured out what im doing wrong.
1) added fighter bay to hardpoints.xml
2) added Spawn_Squadron to Space_Behavior
3) added HP_Jedi_Cruiser_Fighter_Bay to hardpoints in the UniqueUnits.xml
3) and added some ships to spawn
 Orao
02-21-2006, 9:00 AM
Ad did you add this piece of code in venator description in the file Uniqueunits.xml
<!-- Set to spawn all units once and then not continue - no reserves -->
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>VWing_Squadron_R, 2</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Spawned_Squadron_Delay_Seconds>5</Spawned_Squadron_Delay_Seconds>
<!--Currently no reserves -->
<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>VWing_Squadron_R, 3</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
 Lanaus_Caspian
02-21-2006, 9:02 AM
Yes I did.

This is in Hardpoints.xml

<HardPoint Name="HP_Jedi_Cruiser_Fighter_Bay">
<Type> HARD_POINT_FIGHTER_BAY </Type>
<Is_Targetable>Yes</Is_Targetable>
<Is_Destroyable>Yes</Is_Destroyable>
<Attachment_Bone>SPAWN_00</Attachment_Bone>
<Collision_Mesh>SPAWN_00</Collision_Mesh>
<Tooltip_Text>TEXT_FIGHTER_BAY_HARDPOINT</Tooltip_Text>
<Health>100.0</Health>

</HardPoint>

This is in UniqueUnits.xml
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>Tie_Fighter, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 3</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 1</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>

<Behavior> DUMMY_STARSHIP, SELECTABLE, POWERED, SHIELDED </Behavior>
<SpaceBehavior> SPAWN_SQUADRON, ABILITY_COUNTDOWN, SIMPLE_SPACE_LOCOMOTOR, TARGETING, REVEAL, HIDE_WHEN_FOGGED, UNIT_AI, ASTEROID_FIELD_DAMAGE, ION_STUN_EFFECT, NEBULA</SpaceBehavior>

<Space_FOW_Reveal_Range>1200.0</Space_FOW_Reveal_Range>
<Dense_FOW_Reveal_Range_Multiplier>0.24</Dense_FOW_Reveal_Range_Multiplier>
<Targeting_Max_Attack_Distance>1000.0</Targeting_Max_Attack_Distance>
<Collidable_By_Projectile_Living>Yes</Collidable_By_Projectile_Living>
<Death_Explosions>Large_Explosion_Space</Death_Explosions>

<Asteroid_Damage_Hit_Particles>Small_Damage_Space</Asteroid_Damage_Hit_Particles>
<Death_Clone />

<HardPoints>
HP_Jedi_Cruiser_Shield_Gen, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_Engines, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_FL, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_FR, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_ML, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_MR, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_BL, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_BR, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_Fighter_Bay
</HardPoints>

Note:
I used Slockets structure since his worked better when building.
 Silencez
02-21-2006, 9:48 AM
I guess the Venator is bewteen the VSD and Acclamator (power wise). About equal to the assault frigate?
 Slocket
02-21-2006, 12:55 PM
It works perfectly fine for me. I cannot reproduce his problem.

I have (from the demo mods made) added a Fighter_Bay to Hardpoints.xml

Added 'Spawn_Squadron' to behaviour as stated.

Added 'Vwing_Squadron' lines. etc

The one notable change is in the full version, instead of one Generic VWing and Jedi Curiser, it is split up between three factions, with the _R, _E, _P appendix added.

So I just copied then modified some for two version of the Venator (and that is why the first attempts were causing two icons to appear in the space build GUI) The demo lumped faction afilliation all into one, the full game came actually seperates them individually now. So you must call them out for each fully with appendage.

The mod works fine on my computer, can anyone who is enjoying this mod please report if it is working for you?

This is not brain surgery, just copy and paste from the demo mod, then renaming some files to fit the new naming regiment.

Anyone please confirm if their copy is working? I CANNOT find anything wrong with this mod.

It almost seems like he did not install the HARDPOINTS.xml file. There is no difference in the code for the USA and EU version I hope. That is wierd. I also see he is spawning Tie Fighter and Bombers instead. So the code has been changed.

<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>Tie_Fighter, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>

That will not work. It must be a Squadron, not a lone Tie Fighter.
 Lanaus_Caspian
02-21-2006, 2:23 PM
"The one notable change is in the full version, instead of one Generic VWing and Jedi Curiser, it is split up between three factions, with the _R, _E, _P appendix added"

I feel kinda stupid, but that was my problem. I had put Jedi_Cruiser spawn at Coruscant not Jedi_Cruiser_E.

Anyways, I'm only giving the Venator to the Empire (it might even replace the acclamator). What I want to do to balance it out is turn the Calamari Cruiser into a starfighter carrier. Thing is it shows the hangar sign in the top left of my computer screen and it only spawn one squadron (which is half of what i added). Does anyone know how to move the hangar to the ship?
 queetz
02-21-2006, 5:49 PM
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE THIS MOD!!!! I just came home from work, just tested it in the Galactic Conquest for both Rebels and Empire! I've never tried the demo but seeing those beauties in action is just simply amazing!!!

You are the man, SLOCKET!!! And to answer your question regarding the V-Wings, yes they do spawn successfully. I built two Venators each and below are screenshots!

Rebel Venator
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p91bda231d35946f7cae79d0c60478d36/f0164d64.jpg)

Empire Venator
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p88d18b9ed7c192d9c7c5da23a6583813/f0164d60.jpg)
 Slocket
02-21-2006, 6:17 PM
@Lanaus_Capsian

I see you figured it out. Now you can get a working Mon Cal fleet carrier. Use the format of the ISD <bone_attachment_XX>. You will figure out with some trial and error. ;)

@Queetz

Thank you for such good feedback with pictures! I am glad it is working confirmation!
Without feedback I cannot make or fix a possible problem with a mod. It is very important for me :)
 Yesh
02-21-2006, 6:39 PM
Besides making the venator buildable, is it possible to make other things buildable such as indigenous species. For example Imperial_Guard_Company. I assume its possible. Is it a matter of finding the facility that trains either stormtroopers or field officers and add the Imperial Guard as one that can be built?
 bucky699
02-21-2006, 7:03 PM
Yea i'd like to see wat the Pod walker is lol n i didnt have the vwing problem either worked fine the first time round for me. I scaled down the price a lil not a lot to better match with wat value u got which wasnt that good, n got me thinkin so i went into the hardpoints n going by Slockets fine example tried sum trial nd error n i was able to change the laser cannons to turbo lasers and the concussions to torpedos MWHAHAHAHAH i jus bought the venaor into the 21st century!!
 Future Guy
02-21-2006, 7:05 PM
The Venator works for me, but how can I get it so it will spawn A-Wing's instead of V-Wing's? I changed the line to 'AWing' but it doesn't work. I've gone back to using 'VWing' for the moment.
 Slocket
02-21-2006, 9:08 PM
Tht is great news! More successful stories. It helps us fellow modders out alot. If anyone has trouble, do not be afraid to ask for help to get it to work.

Cool to see you bucky699 get a modification for yourself working, someday young Jedi Modder well become a Master Modder I see. ;)
---------------------------------------------
@Future Guy

You can get it to spawn A-Wings by by doing this. From above example you seen how to open up the file UNIQUEUNITS.xml with a text editor, and find these lines below Jedi_Cruiser_R for the Rebels variant.
----------------------------------------------------
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>VWing_Squadron_R, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>VWing_Squadron_R, 1</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
-----------------------------------------------
Simply replace "VWing_Squadron_R" with "A_Wing_Squadron" without the quotes. make sure the spelling is exact. That is all you need to do. You have the correct method, just the wrong name for the A-Wing to spawn.

@Yesh

Yes that is correct. You can make any building produce anything you want, even unique custom made units (then maybe some new TGA art skin to make them look different). Even the Empire's Red Imperial Guard. You can make the Academy building produce both officers and Imperial guard units. Very moddable.
 queetz
02-21-2006, 9:32 PM
 Slocket
02-21-2006, 9:46 PM
Yes indeed, now alot of people will see them! :king1:

Great new! Now you can use the Venator in Skirmish Mode also!

Just slip this extra file into the XML folder and it enables the Venator for both sides to purchase from the Merchant Space Dock. The game claims it can be bought but it is not there, this fixes that problem!

It is in the SPACEBUILDABLESSKIRMISH.xml file

simply change this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SpaceBuildables>

<!--**************** Orbital Construction Pod ************************-->

<SpaceBuildable Name="N_Orbital_Construction_Pod">
<Select_Box_Scale>600</Select_Box_Scale>
<GUI_Bounds_Scale>0.3</GUI_Bounds_Scale>
<Variant_Of_Existing_Type>Orbital_Construction_Pod</Variant_Of_Existing_Type>
<Behavior>REVEAL, HIDE_WHEN_FOGGED, CAPTURE_POINT, SELECTABLE, DUMMY_ORBITAL_STRUCTURE, SPACE_OBSTACLE</Behavior>
<Capture_Point_Transition_Time_Seconds>5</Capture_Point_Transition_Time_Seconds>
<Capture_Point_Radius>800</Capture_Point_Radius>
<Influences_Capture_Point>False</Influences_Capture_Point>
<Affiliation>Rebel, Empire, Neutral</Affiliation>
<Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer>
Empire,
<!--Jedi_Cruiser_E,-->
Empire_Pirate_IPV,
Empire_Pirate_Frigate,
Empire_Pirate_Fighter_Squadron,
Rebel,
<!--Jedi_Cruiser_R,-->
Rebel_Pirate_IPV,
Rebel_Pirate_Frigate,
Rebel_Pirate_Fighter_Squadron,
</Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer>

and just remove <> stuff away from the Jedi_Cruiser_E and _R. Now you buy them in Skirmish mode (SP and MP) Space Mode Maps.
 Silencez
02-22-2006, 1:32 AM
question,

did the Venator got towned down since the demo? IIRC, in the demo it was more powerfull, 2 extra heavy turbolasers.?
IMHO, it's now weaker then the acclamator ship.

Slocket --> can u update your XML file, with the inclusion of skirmish plz?
what tech lvl ship is it actually?
 bulletkid
02-22-2006, 2:06 AM
hi, this is my first post: not to complain, but it seems rapidshare is really getting on me. I won't state its inefficiencies, but would rather ask that the file be hosted somewhere..else...

Pls, I really want to see the Venator in the game. I tried with Bryant' mod and Max Outrider's file but to no avail...thx:)
 patrickjak
02-22-2006, 2:16 AM
Slocket just want to say thanx for your mod. having the venator in the game is awsome. been playing quite a bit today and having a hell of a time, and now im glad i came back to see this post again and the info on getting the venator into skirmash mode. took me just a couple minutes to figure it out....

just got done playing a skirmash game with them and it works fine,

again thanx.
 Hartmrolf
02-22-2006, 3:00 AM
Err, sorry if the Question is dumb, but, i think i remember that the vwing is a new republic ship, so i just wonder why it is onboard of the venator?
Would z95s be more suitable?
 Future Guy
02-22-2006, 7:24 AM
Tht is great news! More successful stories. It helps us fellow modders out alot. If anyone has trouble, do not be afraid to ask for help to get it to work.

Cool to see you bucky699 get a modification for yourself working, someday young Jedi Modder well become a Master Modder I see. ;)
---------------------------------------------
@Future Guy

You can get it to spawn A-Wings by by doing this. From above example you seen how to open up the file UNIQUEUNITS.xml with a text editor, and find these lines below Jedi_Cruiser_R for the Rebels variant.
----------------------------------------------------
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>VWing_Squadron_R, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>VWing_Squadron_R, 1</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
-----------------------------------------------
Simply replace "VWing_Squadron_R" with "A_Wing_Squadron" without the quotes. make sure the spelling is exact. That is all you need to do. You have the correct method, just the wrong name for the A-Wing to spawn.

I'll try that later today after work.

I also did some of my own tweaking to the Venator. I made it stronger, it now includes more fighters, better HP and Shields, more energy allowance, but it all comes at a price: 5000 Credits are needed to build it. The reason I did this is because the Empire will swarm the Rebels with TIEs. This basically counters that advantage, but you need to be 'rich' in order to build it (and I might make the price tag higher still.)

BTW, are all the ships in the game in this XML files?
 Somerled
02-22-2006, 9:36 AM
Slocket:

Cheers on this one. I know it took some work to get this done. Works, well...I tweaked the Veantor a just to give the IMPs a challenge, and under the assuption that the Rebs would add enhanced shields, etc. after pulling them from some storage yard...god I'm a geek for even thinking about that.
 TheGreenGoblin
02-22-2006, 1:51 PM
Rather than starting another Venator topic I'll post my inquiry here:

If I want the Venator to only be buildable on a certain planet, let's say Nal Hutta for the time being, for both sides what files would I need to alter.
 Slocket
02-22-2006, 7:10 PM
Hey, updated version that enables for Skirmish Mode play. Buy it at a Merchant Space Dock.

@ GreenGoblin

You can place conditional on what planets may contruct the Venator the same way they did for the ISD and Mon Calamari. The file you would need to alter is that UNIQUEUNITS.xml. I will post the code to add to give it a go. I think you can add it in? Just copy and paste this:

<Required_Special_Structures />
<Required_Planets>Nal Hutta</Required_Planets>

In where ever you want. Usually below the other stuff, space sttion and tech level would look good.

@Future Guy

All the ships are in the XML but not this mod. Download my other file Expanded XML to see 366 xml files to play with. EAW_FULL is in another thread. A really useful file library to have for modding. It's extracted, renamed, formated in proper folder structure. Plus easy to use readable format.
 Darth Luna
02-24-2006, 7:54 PM
I've been working on a Super Venator

<UniqueUnit Name="Jedi_Cruiser">
<Encyclopedia_Good_Against> </Encyclopedia_Good_Against>
<Encyclopedia_Vulnerable_To> </Encyclopedia_Vulnerable_To>
<Space_Model_Name>NV_JEDICRUISER.ALO</Space_Model_Name>
<Mass>0.999</Mass>
<Scale_Factor>1.2</Scale_Factor>
<GUI_Row> 1 </GUI_Row>

<Damage>500</Damage>
<Autoresolve_Health>6200</Autoresolve_Health>
<Shield_Points>3600</Shield_Points>
<Tactical_Health>6200</Tactical_Health>
<Shield_Refresh_Rate>1</Shield_Refresh_Rate>
<Energy_Capacity>10000</Energy_Capacity>
<Energy_Refresh_Rate>1</Energy_Refresh_Rate>

<MovementClass> Space </MovementClass>
<Space_Layer> Capital </Space_Layer>

<Tech_Level>0</Tech_Level>
<Required_Timeline>0</Required_Timeline>
<Required_Ground_Base_Level>0</Required_Ground_Base_Level>
<Required_Star_Base_Level>1</Required_Star_Base_Level>
<Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>1</Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>

<Max_Speed>3.5</Max_Speed>
<Max_Rate_Of_Turn>1.4</Max_Rate_Of_Turn>
<Max_Rate_Of_Roll>0.2</Max_Rate_Of_Roll>
<Bank_Turn_Angle>5</Bank_Turn_Angle>
<Hyperspace>Yes</Hyperspace>
<Hyperspace_Speed>5.0</Hyperspace_Speed>
<OverrideAcceleration> .1 </OverrideAcceleration>
<OverrideDeceleration> .1 </OverrideDeceleration>
<Layer_Z_Adjust> -90 </Layer_Z_Adjust>

<Armor_Type> Armor_Star_Destroyer </Armor_Type>
<Shield_Armor_Type>Shield_Capital</Shield_Armor_Type>

<Max_Thrust>2.5</Max_Thrust>
<Select_Box_Scale>400</Select_Box_Scale>
<Select_Box_Z_Adjust>-30</Select_Box_Z_Adjust>
<Ranged_Target_Z_Adjust>35.0</Ranged_Target_Z_Adjust>
<Hyperspace_Speed>1.5</Hyperspace_Speed>
<Affiliation>Empire</Affiliation>
<Build_Initially_Locked>No</Build_Initially_Locked>
<Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>No</Build_Can_Be_Unlocked_By_Slicer>
<Ship_Class>capital</Ship_Class>
<Formation_Priority>3</Formation_Priority>
<Is_Escort>yes</Is_Escort>
<Is_Bomber>no</Is_Bomber>
<Political_Control>0</Political_Control>
<Squadron_Capacity>10</Squadron_Capacity>
<Transport_Capacity>8</Transport_Capacity>
<Number_per_Squadron>1</Number_per_Squadron>
<AI_Combat_Power>6000</AI_Combat_Power>

<Build_Time_Seconds>20</Build_Time_Seconds>
<Build_Cost_Credits>2500</Build_Cost_Credits>
<Build_Tab_Space_Units>Yes</Build_Tab_Space_Units>

<Size_Value>8</Size_Value>

<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 2</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 1</Starting_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Fighter_Squadron, 8</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>TIE_Bomber_Squadron, 4</Reserve_Spawned_Units_Tech_0>
<Behavior> DUMMY_STARSHIP, SELECTABLE, POWERED, SHIELDED </Behavior>

<SpaceBehavior> ABILITY_COUNTDOWN, SIMPLE_SPACE_LOCOMOTOR, POWERED, SHIELDED, HIDE_WHEN_FOGGED, REVEAL, TARGETING, UNIT_AI, ASTEROID_FIELD_DAMAGE, ION_STUN_EFFECT, NEBULA, SPAWN_SQUADRON </SpaceBehavior>

<Space_FOW_Reveal_Range>1200.0</Space_FOW_Reveal_Range>
<Dense_FOW_Reveal_Range_Multiplier>0.24</Dense_FOW_Reveal_Range_Multiplier>
<Targeting_Max_Attack_Distance>1000.0</Targeting_Max_Attack_Distance>
<Collidable_By_Projectile_Living>Yes</Collidable_By_Projectile_Living>
<Death_Explosions>Large_Explosion_Space</Death_Explosions>

<Asteroid_Damage_Hit_Particles>Small_Damage_Space</Asteroid_Damage_Hit_Particles>
<Death_Clone />

<HardPoints>
HP_Jedi_Cruiser_Shield_Gen, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_Engines, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_FL, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_FR, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_ML, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_MR, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_BL, HP_Jedi_Cruiser_BR HP_Jedi_Cruiser_Fighter_Bay HP_Jedi_Cruiser_FC
</HardPoints>

<CategoryMask> Capital | AntiFrigate </CategoryMask>
<Icon_Name>i_button_jedi_cruiser.tga</Icon_Name>

<GUI_Distance>1200</GUI_Distance>
<GUI_Offset>0 0 0</GUI_Offset>
<GUI_Velocity>45</GUI_Velocity>

<Victory_Relevant>yes</Victory_Relevant>
<Has_Space_Evaluator>True</Has_Space_Evaluator>

<SFXEvent_Build_Started>RHD_Build_Vehicle</SFXEvent_Build_Started>
<SFXEvent_Build_Complete>RHD_Construction_Complete</SFXEvent_Build_Complete>
<SFXEvent_Build_Cancelled>RHD_Unit_Canceled</SFXEvent_Build_Cancelled>
<SFXEvent_Ambient_Loop>Unit_Acclamator_Moving_Engine_Loop</SFXEvent_Ambient_Loop>

<SFXEvent_Select>Unit_Select_Jedi_Cruiser</SFXEvent_Select>
<SFXEvent_Move>Unit_Move_Jedi_Cruiser</SFXEvent_Move>
<SFXEvent_Fleet_Move>Unit_Fleet_Move_Jedi_Cruiser</SFXEvent_Fleet_Move>
<SFXEvent_Attack>Unit_Attack_Jedi_Cruiser</SFXEvent_Attack>
<SFXEvent_Guard>Unit_Guard_Jedi_Cruiser</SFXEvent_Guard>
<SFXEvent_Stop>Unit_Stop_Jedi_Cruiser</SFXEvent_Stop>
<SFXEvent_Barrage>Unit_Barrage_Jedi_Cruiser</SFXEvent_Barrage>
<SFXEvent_Move_Into_Asteroid_Field> Unit_Asteroids_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Move_Into_Asteroid_Field>
<SFXEvent_Move_Into_Nebula> Unit_Nebula_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Move_Into_Nebula>

<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_LASER, Unit_HP_LASER_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_MISSILE, Unit_HP_MISSILE_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_TORPEDO, Unit_HP_TORP_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_WEAPON_ION_CANNON, Unit_HP_ION_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_SHIELD_GENERATOR, Unit_HP_SHIELDS_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_ENGINE, Unit_HP_ENGINES_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>
<SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint> HARD_POINT_GRAVITY_WELL, Unit_HP_GRAV_Jedi_Cruiser </SFXEvent_Attack_Hardpoint>

<SFXEvent_Engine_Idle_Loop> Unit_Acclamator_Idle_Engine_Loop </SFXEvent_Engine_Idle_Loop>
<SFXEvent_Engine_Moving_Loop> Unit_Acclamator_Moving_Engine_Loop </SFXEvent_Engine_Moving_Loop>
<SFXEvent_Engine_Cinematic_Focus_Loop> Unit_Acclamator_Cinematic_Engine_Loop </SFXEvent_Engine_Cinematic_Focus_Loop>

<Death_SFXEvent_Start_Die>Unit_Cruiser_Death_SFX</Death_SFXEvent_Start_Die>

<Space_Full_Stop_Command> Yes </Space_Full_Stop_Command>
<Is_Visible_On_Radar>Yes</Is_Visible_On_Radar>
<Radar_Icon_Scale_Land>1.0</Radar_Icon_Scale_Land>
<Radar_Icon_Scale_Space>1.0</Radar_Icon_Scale_Space>

<Guard_Chase_Range>1000.0</Guard_Chase_Range>
<Idle_Chase_Range>0.0</Idle_Chase_Range>
<Attack_Move_Response_Range>400.0</Attack_Move_Response_Range>
<Targeting_Stickiness_Time_Threshold>5.0</Targeting_Stickiness_Time_Threshold>
<Targeting_Priority_Set>Frigate</Targeting_Priority_Set>

<Death_Clone>Damage_Normal, Jedi_Cruiser_Death_Clone</Death_Clone>

<Defend_Mode_Weapon_Delay_Multiplier>3.0</Defend_Mode_Weapon_Delay_Multiplier>
<Defend_Mode_Shield_Regen_Multiplier>5.0</Defend_Mode_Shield_Regen_Multiplier>
<Defend_Mode_Energy_Regen_Multiplier>5.0</Defend_Mode_Energy_Regen_Multiplier>
<Defend_Mode_Speed_Multiplier>0.5</Defend_Mode_Speed_Multiplier>

<Encyclopedia_Text> TEXT_TOOLTIP_VENETOR </Encyclopedia_Text>
<Encyclopedia_Unit_Class> TEXT_ENCYCLOPEDIA_CLASS_CAPITAL </Encyclopedia_Unit_Class>
<Score_Cost_Credits> 12000 </Score_Cost_Credits>

<!-- Hero abilities for Captain Piett added to ship; Hero "moveable" unit removed -->
<Unit_Abilities_Data SubObjectList="Yes">
<!-- Primary ability -->
<Unit_Ability>
<Type>ENERGY_WEAPON</Type>
<Mod_Multiplier>SPEED_MULTIPLIER, 0.8f</Mod_Multiplier>
<GUI_Activated_Ability_Name> Piet_Energy_Weapon_Attack_Ability </GUI_Activated_Ability_Name> <!-- GUI Command Bar support -->
<Recharge_Seconds>1</Recharge_Seconds>
<Expiration_Seconds>5</Expiration_Seconds>
<SFXEvent_Special_Ability_Loop> Unit_Star_Destroyer_Energy_Blast </SFXEvent_Special_Ability_Loop>
</Unit_Ability>

<Unit_Ability>
<Type>HARMONIC_BOMB</Type>
<Recharge_Seconds>1</Recharge_Seconds>
<Spawned_Object_Type>Proj_Harmonic_Bomb_Slave_I</Spawned_Object_Type>
<Bomb_Countdown_Seconds>1.5</Bomb_Countdown_Seconds> <!-- AI 8.12 -->
</Unit_Ability>

</Unit_Abilities_Data>

<Abilities SubObjectList="Yes">
<Combat_Bonus_Ability Name="Piet_Combat_Bonus_General">
<Activation_Style>Space_Automatic</Activation_Style>
<Unit_Strength_Category>Capital | Corvette | Frigate | Fighter</Unit_Strength_Category>
<Applicable_Unit_Categories>Capital | Corvette | Frigate | Fighter</Applicable_Unit_Categories>
<Applicable_Unit_Types />
<Health_Bonus_Percentage>0.25</Health_Bonus_Percentage>
<Damage_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Damage_Bonus_Percentage>
<Energy_Pool_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Energy_Pool_Bonus_Percentage>
<Shield_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Shield_Bonus_Percentage>
<Defense_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Defense_Bonus_Percentage>
<Movement_Speed_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Movement_Speed_Bonus_Percentage>
<Stacking_Category>0</Stacking_Category>
</Combat_Bonus_Ability>

<Combat_Bonus_Ability Name="Piet_Combat_Bonus_Star_Destroyer">
<Unit_Strength_Category />
<Activation_Style>Space_Automatic</Activation_Style>
<Applicable_Unit_Categories />
<Applicable_Unit_Types>Star_Destroyer</Applicable_Unit_Types>
<Health_Bonus_Percentage>0.25</Health_Bonus_Percentage>
<Damage_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Damage_Bonus_Percentage>
<Energy_Pool_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Energy_Pool_Bonus_Percentage>
<Shield_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Shield_Bonus_Percentage>
<Defense_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Defense_Bonus_Percentage>
<Movement_Speed_Bonus_Percentage>0.0</Movement_Speed_Bonus_Percentage>
<!-- note stacking category, this stacks with other hero combat bonuses -->
<Stacking_Category>1</Stacking_Category>
</Combat_Bonus_Ability>

<Energy_Weapon_Attack_Ability Name="Piet_Energy_Weapon_Attack_Ability">
<Activation_Style> User_Input </Activation_Style>
<Applicable_Unit_Categories>Capital | Corvette | Frigate | Fighter | Bomber | Transport</Applicable_Unit_Categories>
<Applicable_Unit_Types />
<Owner_Particle_Effect>Piet_Powerup_Particle_Effect</Owner_Particle_Effect>
<Owner_Particle_Bone_Name>HP_trac_bone</Owner_Particle_Bone_Name>
<Activation_Min_Range>0</Activation_Min_Range>
<Activation_Max_Range>5000</Activation_Max_Range>

<!-- Modifiers. If 0 - no modifier is applied, 1 - "100% increase or decrease" -->
<Damage_Per_Frame>100</Damage_Per_Frame>
</Energy_Weapon_Attack_Ability>

</Abilities>

<!--<MULTIPLAYER SKIRMISH VALUES BEGIN>-->
<Tactical_Build_Cost_Multiplayer>2000</Tactical_Build_Cost_Multiplayer>
<Tactical_Build_Time_Seconds>30</Tactical_Build_Time_Seconds>
<Tactical_Build_Prerequisites />
<Tactical_Production_Queue>Tactical_Units</Tactical_Production_Queue>
<Population_Value>3</Population_Value>
<!--<Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>0</Build_Limit_Current_Per_Player>-->
<!--<Build_Limit_Lifetime_Per_Player>0</Build_Limit_Lifetime_Per_Player>-->
<!--<MULTIPLAYER SKIRMISH VALUES END>-->
</UniqueUnit>

<UniqueUnit Name="Jedi_Cruiser_Death_Clone">
<Space_Model_Name>NV_JediCruiser_D.alo</Space_Model_Name>
<Death_SFXEvent_Start_Die>Unit_Star_Destroyer_Death_SFX</Death_SFXEvent_Start_Die>
<Scale_Factor>1.2</Scale_Factor>
<Layer_Z_Adjust>-330.0</Layer_Z_Adjust>
<Max_Speed>0.25</Max_Speed>
<Max_Rate_Of_Turn>0.02</Max_Rate_Of_Turn>
<Max_Thrust>0.05</Max_Thrust>
<Max_Rate_Of_Roll>0.02</Max_Rate_Of_Roll>
<Bank_Turn_Angle>5</Bank_Turn_Angle>
<Remove_Upon_Death>true</Remove_Upon_Death>

</UniqueUnit>

way overpowered I know...I can't seem to add new hardpoints though
and I'm way lazy to find a section that shows you how to create them
can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks.

Oh and Slocket you rock btw couldnt have done this w/o you.
 Three60
02-24-2006, 8:23 PM
Rather than starting another Venator topic I'll post my inquiry here:

If I want the Venator to only be buildable on a certain planet, let's say Nal Hutta for the time being, for both sides what files would I need to alter.

Go into the file where the venator is located, and add this where it would seem to fit:
<Required_Planets>NalHutta</Required_Planets>

That would set it so you can only build it on Nal Hutta. Change the planets to what you want. Here's what it is for the Capital ships:
<Required_Planets>MonCalimari, Kuat, Fondor, Sullust</Required_Planets>
 queetz
02-24-2006, 8:30 PM
Just had to post a screenshot while trying to recreate the REAL Siege of Coruscant! ;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid201/p17777832af5978f23279eb04a3592dd6/f00cfd10.jpg)

Just ignore that Mon Calamari cruiser at the foreground (or pretend its a wayward spaceliner... ;) )

Its actually interesting. At one point, the Empire (I was playing the rebels) were also sending me Venators in Skirmish. I went to the Merchant station, bought three Venators, then left. While building up my forces, an opposing Venator attacked me. Seeing the Venators from both sides duke em out is so cool I wished I didn't have so many forces that just happen to be there which overwhelmed them!!! It would be nice to see them fight one amongst themselves.

Now if only we can have a map editor to get rid of those ugly nebulas in the background so I can take more random photos (they ruin the photo, hence why I only get a few decent shots and missed the ones with the Venators from both sides fighting).
 MistenTH
02-24-2006, 8:30 PM
Hey slocket, did you do anything special to build the Venator in campaign? I can't figure out how to add custom ships to the campaign build list.

And how did you change the change the stripes to be red? The <no colorisation> tag doesn't seem to work.
 Captain Moon
02-24-2006, 9:45 PM
Great Mod! :)

To get the V-wing Icon to show during battles, go to the Squardon.xml.
Go to which ever side has them...and replace the Z95 tga code with this:

i_button_V_Wing.tga

It'll show the Vwing icon when in space as well as on the command bar.

If you want the Venator to be buildable in skirmish like any other side specific ship, go to Starbases.xml, then <StarBase Name="Skirmish_Rebel_Star_Base_4"> or where ever you prefer, and add it to this section:

<Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer>
Rebel,
Rebel_X-Wing_Squadron,
Corellian_Corvette,
Y-Wing_Squadron,
Nebulon_B_Frigate,
A_Wing_Squadron,
Corellian_Gunboat,
Alliance_Assault_Frigate,
Marauder_Missile_Cruiser,
Jedi_Cruiser_R,
Han_Solo_Team_Space_MP,
Red_Squadron,
Sundered_Heart,
RS_Enhanced_Shielding_L1_Upgrade,
RS_Enhanced_Shielding_L2_Upgrade,
RS_Improved_Weapons_L1_Upgrade,
RS_Improved_Weapons_L2_Upgrade,
RS_Improved_Defenses_L1_Upgrade,
RS_Improved_Defenses_L2_Upgrade,
RS_Ion_Cannon_Use_Upgrade,
RS_Level_Five_Starbase_Upgrade,
</Tactical_Buildable_Objects_Multiplayer>

It'll become available when this tech level is reached.
 walpurgisng
02-25-2006, 1:16 AM
If I wanted to add the Venator mod to be builded during campaign and gallatic mode to the Space Realism 2.0 mod, what lines woulld I have to add to the existing mod. Basically, can you post what u changed and tell me where to add them. Im not asking this to undermine anyone, I just want to be able to use two good mods and once that would overwrite each other.
 Phant
02-25-2006, 6:58 AM
Rapidshare wount let me download anything from it, so is this avilable elsewhere, or what parts of what files would i need to copy?
 darth_vadar_13
02-25-2006, 11:51 AM
i cant donwload it either!
 Slocket
02-25-2006, 11:54 AM
I am going to release an updated version with more additions such as that wrong icon for the V-Wing (uses the Z-95 Headhunter opps! as said above) and a colored red icon for the Rebels in the build tab when they release the up coming third patch soon.

Sometimes they change the basic stuff around why I wait. I will use a better download site, does anyone know of a good site for free hosting? Seems Rapidshare.de is a bugger for some people.
 Master Leffe
02-25-2006, 5:25 PM
Deleted
 Master Leffe
02-25-2006, 7:41 PM
Deleted
 Boba-Ramp
03-02-2006, 7:37 AM
I dont understand anything that is being discussed here :|

I used to mod stuff for the game Total Annihilation but that is easier then this , well , thats how I think about it.

Can someone please add me on MSN and help me mod some stuff for EAW?
Thanks alot!

MSN : waldac@wanadoo.nl
 sprigner
03-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Sweet mod dude. But i have a problem: Rapidshare dosnt work for me and i hate it, can you upload it on anouther site. Or can some one tell me what to do in rapidsaher.com lol. And again cool mod.
 Tokakeke
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
For some reason, this doesn't work for me in Skirmish (haven't tried GC yet). It may be conflicting with the rest of my mods files. Could I send it to you so you could take a look?
 Cosmos Jack
03-02-2006, 1:04 PM
I am going to release an updated version with more additions such as that wrong icon for the V-Wing (uses the Z-95 Headhunter opps! as said above) and a colored red icon for the Rebels in the build tab when they release the up coming third patch soon.

Sometimes they change the basic stuff around why I wait. I will use a better download site, does anyone know of a good site for free hosting? Seems Rapidshare.de is a bugger for some people. Try www.filefront.com)
 Tokakeke
03-02-2006, 5:03 PM
Got it to work! Laser mod was conflicting (uniqueunits)

Thanks Slocket!
Page: 1 of 2