Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Tool's TSL Dialog Problem?

Page: 1 of 1
 goldberry
02-20-2006, 3:21 PM
Ok, I keep hearing about how Kotor Tool doesn't support TSL Dialog files, but I make my own in it all the time, and they work fine. What is wrong with it that I should know about?
 tk102
02-20-2006, 3:40 PM
TSL simply supports a lot more fields than KotOR. You can view an example in DLGEditor by choosing Mode: KotOR and switching to Mode: TSL. If you're creating dialogs from scratch with Kotor Tool for TSL, you should be fine. The problem comes if you are trying to modify an existing TSL dialog or if you want to use some of the pre-made TSL scripts that require parameters from a dialog.
 stoffe
02-20-2006, 3:44 PM
Ok, I keep hearing about how Kotor Tool doesn't support TSL Dialog files, but I make my own in it all the time, and they work fine. What is wrong with it that I should know about?

New data fields added in TSL that the KotorTool DLG editor will strip away. One extra Conditional and Action script slot for each dialog node, and five integer parameters and one string parameter that can be passed to each script. Each script also has a negation flag that can be set, which shows the dialog node if the conditional script returns false rather than true.

There may be others as well, though that is the most obvious ones I can think of without checking.

If you open a TSL DLG file in KotorTool and save it without changing anything, the resulting file will be less than half the size it was before you saved it.
 goldberry
02-20-2006, 4:06 PM
ok thanks. Though for my purposes, I think I'll just continue to use Kotor Tool...
Page: 1 of 1