Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Super Planetary Shield

Page: 1 of 1
 ElizLestrad
02-20-2006, 1:35 PM
Correct me if Im wrong, but I could have sworn in the demo that there were two types of shields you could build on each planet. I was wondering because I was trying to figure out how to build/activate it in the full version but couldnt figure it out.
 Slocket
02-20-2006, 2:12 PM
The shutter shield did not really work in th edemo. It did not stop reinforcements from landing, it did stop a bombing run.

The regular shield can be upgraded to a particle shield to stop all projectiles.

The one good thing about having the Shutter Shield and Regular Shield both of them, you had a back up to stop a bombing run (as long as your power generator was online.)

It was removed mostly due to it being redundent and getting in the way of gameplay (capturing reinforcement points). You only had so many slots to build on a planet. Plus they integrate the power generator free into the game so not to hog up a precious slot.
 Andycaccia
03-06-2006, 6:07 AM
hey Slocket...how can I modify the standar shield generator to make it a Particle Shield??? What file contains such data???
 Three60
03-06-2006, 7:16 AM
The shutter shield is actually still in the XML, you would just have to turn it on.
 Andycaccia
03-06-2006, 8:09 AM
Ok, I've found it. The planetary shield is the "shutter shield" right??? So how can i change (if possible) the properties of the normal shield (the Ground_Base_Shield i guess) to make it capable of defending mu troops against bombs & missiles???
 Slocket
03-06-2006, 5:50 PM
You can enable it, but there is a good reason why it is disabled. Before early game phase design, you could land troops anywhere on the map (like right up on your door step to your base), since they went to reinforcement points landing only, that made the Shutter Shield redundent and screws up gameplay.

Shutter Shield will stop ALL bombing runs by an invading enemy 100% all across the land map though.

Only human players MP can really build the shutter shield. The AI does not understand to build it would seem, and it screws up the biuld queue...it will not build any shield! Still not 100% sure on that.

The particle shield is just an upgrade option for the regular shield by clicking on it (cost 1800 credits IIRC). That is not obvious while playing.

You can modify the regular shield to include the 10000 range no bombing run ability of the shutter shield by simple increasing its range. The regular shield is set for 800. Just change to 10,000 like the shutter shield.
 Andycaccia
03-07-2006, 5:07 AM
OK Thank you alot Slocket!!! I've really had enough of the damn bobming runs!!!!!!
Page: 1 of 1