Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No Pirates Mod Beta now available

Page: 1 of 1
 TotalBiscuit
02-20-2006, 9:42 AM
Ok, for those who asked for it, I've put together a simple modification which removes pirates from all multiplayer campaigns. Please note this is, as yet, UNTESTED, though it follows the same principles used to create a successful and stable pirate-free Path to Endor. Feedback is appreciated and since I have not had the chance to test it with my partner-in-crime, there is a possibility that it simply won't work at all. With that in mind, please read the instructions provided in the archive before use. This mod will prevent you from playing with anyone who does not have the mod installed.

I'd like to know whether or not this actually works, so if you could let me know before I post it publically, that would be awesome.

Change log

v1.1 - Changed installation method to the standard xml folder
v1.2 - Did some tweaks, tidied up the campaign file, added the All Planets Test campaign to the multiplayer maps menu and tweaked it to function correctly. May still need some work.

Download here (http://premium1.uploadit.org/TotalBiscuit//NoPiratesv1_2.zip)

TB.
 LenaMarieD
02-20-2006, 1:19 PM
any chance of making it for GC or single player campaign? please? I dont know how pirates passed QA
 EAWFAN
02-20-2006, 1:50 PM
it is very simple to remove them in single player just go to campain_singleplayer and look under the campain you want to change and there should be a line that says

pirates starting forces

just delete everything for the pirates then your done
 Tom Servo
02-20-2006, 2:41 PM
There is somewhere where u set the AI for the pirates, a big upper than the starting forces tags. Maybe if you disable the AI and leave the forces as they are, you can have a more enjoyable fight if they just defend.
 TotalBiscuit
02-20-2006, 6:42 PM
I've now tested this mod in multiplayer and it functions as intended. I've sent it over to Lucasfiles for upload and my friends and I are enjoying some vicious conquest games.

TB.
 LenaMarieD
02-20-2006, 7:42 PM
i dont know much about XML or how to edit it, so could someone make a single player version for us non tech people? thanks :)
 dstagl
02-21-2006, 1:42 AM
Is there a way to undo the mod should I desire to add pirates back in for some reason?

Thanks,
Dave
 TotalBiscuit
02-21-2006, 10:23 AM
To undo the mod, simply copy the backed up config.meg file back over the modified one. Hey presto, you're back to vanilla.

TB.
 TotalBiscuit
02-22-2006, 2:56 PM
Uploaded version 1.2 for download. This version uses the standard method of installation rather than the complicated one. It also adds a new campaign map to multiplayer which has is the existing all planets test campaign. It has been tweaked for multiplayer for those people crazy enough to want to play a multiplayer conquest game with every planet in the game on the map.

Files have been tested and function correctly in multiplayer.

Download V1.2 here (http://premium1.uploadit.org/TotalBiscuit//NoPiratesv1_2.zip)

TB.
Page: 1 of 1