Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rebel Artillery Unit.

Page: 1 of 1
 morpheous316
02-20-2006, 5:36 AM
The AI really goes insane with this unit. I switched over from Easy to Medium on Galactic Conquest finding easy far to easy considering the AI almost never attacks ever. So on Medium the computer will Garrison a world with several of these. Now thats great and all but they flood your landing area before you can move your forces and wipe everything you have out in a matter of seconds. Even AT-ATs die quite fast when they are being nailed by 6-8 of these Artillery Units. I can deal with the enemy when its just Garrison comming out of their heavy factory by keeping my forces light, but is there any way to counter these Artillery Units with out losing insane ammounts of units? (When they are rushing the landing zone with 8 of them that is)
 Orao
02-20-2006, 1:54 PM
Only thing that I found is to go directly for another Landing Zone. It will not follow you.

I don't know why but it seems that dev team don't let us the time to organaize and rush our forces asap.
 Jabbas WhOr3
02-20-2006, 7:02 PM
Spam AT-ST's they are cheap at around 180, you can get 5 squads for the price of 1 at-at that will clear the area then bring down an at-at.

I have started just using at-st then 1 squad of troops, my landing fleet usually has around 12 squads of them to overwhelm the rebs.
+ make sure you destroy the bloody barracks as the plex soldiers do some hell damage.
 Darth Alec
02-21-2006, 2:06 AM
Those things own!! Once the AI used them in a strike force, I was helpless.
 Lord Pickle
03-03-2006, 1:29 AM
That and those damn commando units. By the time you kill one he's planted a charge on your AT-ST's then boom almost kills four of them and any infantry near the AT-ST's.
 BuCkEt!
03-03-2006, 1:47 AM
Always always always take AT-AA's with you to a Rebel Base

ALWAYS.

Their anti missile shield will save your butt big time!!
 Darth_Fetto
03-07-2006, 8:36 AM
@morpheous316:

I found even medium is way too easy. Try it on HARD ;-) T's gona rock Your brain out. Not only on land!
Page: 1 of 1