Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ktp file format

Page: 1 of 1
 Elven6
02-19-2006, 5:08 PM
How do I turn my mod into a ktp?
 Det. Bart Lasiter
02-19-2006, 5:48 PM
You don't turn the actual files into a *.ktp file. For instance, if I were to make some scripts for the game, I would need to use the compiled *.ncs files. The *.ktp files are KotOR Tool Project files, they manage the files contained in a mod. So, if I had some files to be compiled to a module and some scripts, the *.ktp would 'tell' KotOR Tool to compile the module files with the module compiler and the *.nss source code files with the NWScript compiler. In a nutshell, the *.ktp files are KotOR Tool-related files that manage mod projects, they're not mods unto themselves.

If you want to create a KT project though, go to Tools->Open Project Manager :)
 Elven6
02-19-2006, 6:24 PM
Were would I get it tho?

Fred Tetra: You can get it right here: http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/)
 Elven6
02-20-2006, 1:32 PM
No that wasent what I asked for fred, when you open up project editor and make a new project where will you find the project file? When I go to the project directory the file type its looking for is in a ktp format. So I was wondering were you get it from.
 Fred Tetra
02-20-2006, 4:29 PM
No that wasn't what I asked for Fred, when you open up project editor and make a new project where will you find the project file? When I go to the project directory the file type its looking for is in a ktp format. So I was wondering were you get it from.

When you're creating a project, a project file doesn't exist yet; that's why you're creating one. The Project Properties dialog has a place for you to enter the path and filename for your new project, or you can click the "..." button to browse to a directory then choose a project name and click Save.

Either way, a new YourProjectName.ktp will be created.

You might consider reading this web page (http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html) as well.
 Elven6
02-20-2006, 4:34 PM
lol that hurts.. I did state my question in the first post im not really a computer tekkie so I woulden't know how to tell java apart from binary.

I have a module made and I want to test it, when i open the project editor and try to open a ktp project its not in the main folder. I have to open a ktp project not save one. Were both on diffrent sides of the river here, so ill sum it up

I want to build a project but I can't open a ktp file since I dont have one, so my question was hope would I get that ktp file made?
 Elven6
02-20-2006, 4:40 PM
ok I think I got the project file working so i have a new question

How do I know what files to put into the override folders and stuff?
Page: 1 of 1