Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[GC]Start with only one planet

Page: 1 of 2
 Tom Servo
02-19-2006, 5:02 PM
Hi guys since some people complained and wanted a campaign with all planets and starting with only one planet.
Download
I just added a test campaign that was in the files, it had only the rebels as playable but i added the imperials. There won't be any pirates i think since i havent seen them in the files.

EDIT: Dont use this one scroll down for a new version.
 Spaxspore
02-19-2006, 6:22 PM
NICE! Thankx man ill let you know how it goes
 CaptainRAVE
02-19-2006, 7:34 PM
Just what I wanted! I can understand why they didnt add this as it isnt too realistic, but it will be dam good fun! I wish they had added some kind of galactic conquest customiser.

What do you do with the two .xml files?
 Tom Servo
02-19-2006, 8:20 PM
Put them in "C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War\GameData\Data\XML" or wherever you installed the game. You may have to create the XML folder.
 DarkLord1981
02-19-2006, 8:50 PM
Well, i am glad we can start with one planet and all that, but the Empire can't build a barracks......so the rebels can't build anything better then a Corvette, since they steal the tech from the Imperials.

I started at Tech Level 1, like i would want to....so if thats the problem, you might need to sort it out.

Good mod, the best so far.

All that needs to be done is a Invulnerability mod....just for the fun of it. lol
 CaptainRAVE
02-19-2006, 8:55 PM
Good mod, the best so far.

^^Definatly!!!! Hopefully any problems with this mod get fixed!
 Spaxspore
02-19-2006, 8:59 PM
Couple of problems am havin other wise GREAT!
(havnt played as IMps yet)
1. Play as Rebels, Empire does not expand or build units
2. No heros??
 Tom Servo
02-19-2006, 9:35 PM
Yeah i was afraid of that, might grab one of the normal campaigns and just strip all forces except of one planet, will probly do that tomorrow.
 Spaxspore
02-19-2006, 10:19 PM
ok, your work so far is greatly appreciated... THANK YOU

Cant wait! :)
 DarkLord1981
02-19-2006, 10:26 PM
The Same thing happens if you are the Imperials....the REbels don't expand.

I had ALL the planets except Dantooine. lol

I had 100s of SDs. lol

I destroyed Dantooine with the Deathstar. hehehehehe
 Spaxspore
02-19-2006, 10:29 PM
yea this map would be a sweet MP map, espically if u r just foolin around, one player gets half of the map and the otehr player the other side, and just build up large fleets and deck it out
 Tom Servo
02-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Yeah there was no AI in place hehe, better not start playing this seriously until it works 100%. :)
I sat all night figuring what everything does, i think my dvd is burned now.
Anyway check this out.Download (http://rapidshare.de/files/13677577/OnePlanetCampaign.zip.html)
The hero spawning is the same as the big campaign so the rebels start with 2 planets instead of only dantooine, so it might be easier. Plus there are no pirates so the AI expands pretty fast at the beginning, i think it will be better if i filled a bunch of planets with pirates. Also Kamino wasn't in the large campaign for some reason, let me know if there are any problems with that planet.
EDIT: Scratch that 2 planet thing, it was my fault the rebels start with two planets, anyway not gonna upload a new version until i figure out what else needs fixing too.
 Spaxspore
02-19-2006, 11:16 PM
thank you :).. ill test it when i have a chance and let you know how it goes
 DarkLord1981
02-20-2006, 12:08 AM
cool,

When i did the large campaign, even though the AI didn't do anything, Kamino was on the Galactic Map

Also, i wonder if its possible to have invincible units for all game modes except MP. hehehe :)

It would be really cool for a fun element.

EDIT: The AI expands too fast, as soon as the game starts, i get messages saying 'Planets changed allegiance to ...' and i got like 10-15 in less then half a game day......so i think they are building too fast.
 magicwolf
02-21-2006, 9:46 PM
wow this mod is great..but i really hope it is fill with pirates though haha..anyway good job! keep my updated..
 Tom Servo
02-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Yup there are no pirates so everyone just runs and grabs all planets. :)
But i want to start making a pirate-heavy version of this, will probably have a massive stack in the "capital ship" planets that you will have to defeat to get to them and im trying to get the pirates to build stuff and defend, but no luck so far.
 LenaMarieD
02-21-2006, 10:26 PM
could you keep also a non pirate version? They are seriously over powered, i hate pirates as do alot of people.
 Tom Servo
02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Well the current one has no pirates in it, so thats a non-pirate version. :p
 Spaxspore
02-21-2006, 11:24 PM
run this with the EAW: Warlord - 6.9.1 - Gold Fix and it allows the AI not to expand to quickly, ive almost beat the GC with this (am playin as REB) and it really slows down the pace, but not enough to bore you. But it gives you a chance to build up without being rushed right off the bat.
 Tom Servo
02-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Hmm, so you are saying with decreased travel speed the expansion is slower? Pretty nice idea actually. But still on most planets there should be a pirate garrison instead of just moving and capturing without a fight i think.
 modding
02-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Want to team up for developing this mod?

I started a similar thing althought i havent released anything but only to my personel use. So if we work togheter we can enhance the mod a little

maybe we can add pirates and balance out some starting locations and such
 magicwolf
02-23-2006, 8:25 AM
so how the thing going? i hope it fine..
 Necroe
02-23-2006, 9:22 AM
can u add pirates in? and does it replace an existing campaign or create a new one?
 Tom Servo
02-23-2006, 10:23 AM
It creates a new campaign.
Its going fine, im gonna add pirates that build units and try to attack you and the rebels. You will start with 2 planets each and the pirates will control most of the universe so i hope to slow down the initial rushing of getting all planets in 1 minute. The pirates will have some super-bases in a few planets that provide some bonuses but you will need to take them out after you make a huge force. And im gonna add some more planets where u can make capital ships so maybe the AI can build more of them, still experimenting on what i can do to force them build bigger ships.
 Necroe
02-23-2006, 10:34 AM
the problem is building it wont let me build barracks or anything other than a mine or research facility.
 Tom Servo
02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
You mean as pirates or empire/rebels? I dont think theres a problem with the empire/rebels because i it doesnt change any of those settings.
If you mean about pirates not building barracks, yes you need to change a lot of stuff for that to work.
 TotalBiscuit
02-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I've tweaked this for multiplayer and added it to No Pirates Mod as a multiplayer campaign for anyone crazy enough to play it. Corrected the issues with Empire starting at Tech 0 with no cash and so forth.

Added a credit to you for discovering it in the first place to the readme file.

TB.
 Necroe
02-23-2006, 12:10 PM
no, i was imperial, i had coruscant and all i could build was a research facility and mine!
 CaptainRAVE
02-23-2006, 1:01 PM
Thanks for the updates! I was afraid you had stopped working on this or something. Keep at it, it will definatly be a popular mod when its finished. Definatly alot of problems to fix though. On a side note, it would be nice if some planets had a few extra build slots.
 Tom Servo
02-23-2006, 1:26 PM
no, i was imperial, i had coruscant and all i could build was a research facility and mine!
Im not sure but if u start at tech0 u need to build a research facility and get to tech1 before getting to the barracks, did u try changing the tech level in Custom Options?
I'm gonna add a few more ships to the pirates tonight and post another version of the campaign, but a lot of stuff has changed like all units and buildings so its no longer just the campaign xml.
 Necroe
02-23-2006, 1:28 PM
k ill try that odd that they start at a tech lvl so low.
 Darth_Torpid-PG
02-23-2006, 9:07 PM
A tip for tech levels:

Rebel tech level is measured 0-4 in the XML, while Empire tech level measures 1-5. Same number of levels, different numbering. Think it as the Rebels tracking tech lists rather than the tech level. So if you set the Empire tech level to zero, they will have nothing to build. To start a campaign from the beginning, set Rebels to 0 and Empire to 1.
 TotalBiscuit
02-23-2006, 9:44 PM
Nice, that I didn't know. Explains a few things too.. cheers.

TB.
 magicwolf
02-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Cool...i hope to see more of updates...it is surely going to be a BLAST!!
 Necroe
02-24-2006, 1:27 AM
yea i was looking at the xml and noticed the emp was at tech 0 while reb at tech 1 when it apparently should be the other way round!
 magicwolf
02-24-2006, 4:32 AM
hmmm i still think with pirates will be better..this prevent R2D2 to keep hopping around getting base while finding tech to steal.. but well..i guess empire can do the same =/
 Necroe
02-24-2006, 4:51 AM
hopping is useless if u dont have the defense to back it up!
 CaptainRAVE
02-24-2006, 8:12 AM
How long until we get an update of this? Cant wait to play it!!
 magicwolf
02-24-2006, 9:52 AM
yeah i cant wait to play it too!!
 Iamme
02-24-2006, 10:32 AM
A tip for tech levels:

Rebel tech level is measured 0-4 in the XML, while Empire tech level measures 1-5. Same number of levels, different numbering. Think it as the Rebels tracking tech lists rather than the tech level. So if you set the Empire tech level to zero, they will have nothing to build. To start a campaign from the beginning, set Rebels to 0 and Empire to 1.
THANK YOU!!! I was wondering why my mods weren't showing up for the rebels at the "first" tech level.
 Tom Servo
02-24-2006, 10:36 AM
As long as i figure out what i messed up with the pirates not getting any cash im gonna upload this hehe, seems frustrating to have 2 versions that are nearly identical and not being able to figure out why the recent one doesnt work.
 TotalBiscuit
02-24-2006, 2:06 PM
hopping is useless if u dont have the defense to back it up!

I'd have to agree with this. Since No Pirates Mod, my friends and I have played solely choke-point free games and while it's a different style of play, hopping does not work. One of my friends tried it and I mowed him. He took major losses, stunted his growth and lost the game because of it. Just like any empire, over-reach and you will have problems.

TB.
 Necroe
02-24-2006, 4:06 PM
yea i'd rather let him half the galaxy while i set up defenses for my sector and do hit and runs on his weak links, taking out his stations, taking out a 600 credit station may not be much but if i dont lose anything im the winner!
 Tom Servo
02-24-2006, 7:04 PM
Well guys heres the new campaign, i renamed it to Battlefield Empires since its more than a campaign now, hope you enjoy: http://rapidshare.de/files/14065141/Battlefield_Empires_Beta2.zip.html)
---------------------
Done:

-Richer Pirates
-Reduced Artillery Damage
-Space Cap to x1.5 of normal
-Ground cap is 14
-AI uses FOW (UPDATE: Removed due to massive retardeness in making a move)
-Incorporated some changes from MistenTH's Realism Mod1.1(Tougher fighters and capital ships, many other tweaks, all credit to him)
-Pirates use their own AI and build units
-Added more planets that can build capital ships, most important the homeworlds, so now the AI has at least one planet than can build capital ships, hopefully they build more of them
-Pirate Frigates carry fighters
-Calamari Cruisers carry fighters
-No logo movies file(movies.xml)
-Pirate Starbases are strong, their main base is pretty powerful

-Grand campaign where both sides start with a small force and most of the galaxy
is controlled by pirates. To weaken the pirate forces you must destroy their starbases and barracks, they can't build more of them.
-Also look out for their secret homebases in Geonosis and Kamino.

What's left to do:

-Make the pirates build their ground units, right now they can only build pirate infantry
-For some reason they don't build units very fast even thought their units are dead-cheap, still working on how to make them more aggressive
-Add more campaigns to the current idea
-Make the pirates stronger or weaker considering any feedback
-Adjust hyperspace speed so there is slower expansion
 CaptainRAVE
02-24-2006, 7:23 PM
THANKS! Will let you know how it goes. Have been checking the thread all day waiting for this ready for my "now" work free weekend. I also like the extra changes you have made, which were to be honest unexpected, but definatly needed to make the game more fun. You have obviously done your research on what all the fans want.
 Necroe
02-24-2006, 8:20 PM
the realism mod is at 2.0 atm!

is it possible to only use your map..as the rest of the stuff is pretty much in the relaism mod?

except for the horribly unbalancing mon cal's carrying fighters!
 Necroe
02-24-2006, 8:24 PM
i'd like it so u don't start with any real units, unfair advantage when imps start with an ISD!
 Necroe
02-24-2006, 8:34 PM
huge flaw in your newest version...you cant get tech! since u cant see the other planets and theyre covered by pirates u cant get to coruscant to get nebulon b's to take down the pirates!
 Tom Servo
02-24-2006, 8:47 PM
Really? When i played with empire the rebels went from the left and got most planets up to coruscant with ease, if you want you can go to the campaign file and delete the pirate forces in the nearby planets so it makes it easier for you.
As for using the mod with the realism mod, you cant because almost everything is changed, for example the pirates wouldnt build anything.
As for mon cal's being unbalanced, i figure there are way more imperial capital ships than rebel so i gave them something extra. Let me know if the imperials get crushed, i will make their caps stronger if they do.
And as for starting with a ISD, check what forces are around you and tell me you dont need the help. ;)
I will check whats up with the rebel tech flaw but i playtested mostly with empire so sorry for any faults.
 Necroe
02-24-2006, 9:05 PM
there seems to be some crazy price reduction going on at dant...assault frig costs 625.
Page: 1 of 2