Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sound problem

Page: 1 of 1
 HomoUniversalis
02-19-2006, 12:50 PM
When I start up the game (full game), I hear my speakers make a poof, and than the sound (and music) no longer functions for the duration of the game, and during windows, until I restart my pc.
Now, this happened when I installed the patch, so I started a fresh install, but still got the same. I even reinstalled the demo, but that gets me the same.
I ran dxdiag and tried toning the sound down a notch, but that didn't work either.

Anyone have any idea on what I should do? Thanks!
 DarthMaulUK
02-19-2006, 1:23 PM
Reinstall direct x9c from the CD of your game - restart and keep your fingers crossed. If that still doesnt work, test the sound out on another game just to make sure its not your speakers

DMUK
 HomoUniversalis
02-21-2006, 7:45 AM
It worked! :D Thank you! Thank you! Just finished an imperial campaign, and am happy to report that we won't be seeing Mon Mothma no more :P

Thanks for your assistance!
 HomoUniversalis
02-21-2006, 8:26 AM
Ahem. It seems that the problem has returned, and re-installing Direct x isn't working either. I closed all open programs, including those from the task tray, but it still doesn't seem to work.. Puzzling.
 tieten
02-23-2006, 1:16 PM
I've got the exact same thing, and I tried reinstalling directX, but it didn't help.
I've also tested it on other games and there everything works perfect. I've got an onboard SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
 HomoUniversalis
02-26-2006, 6:18 AM
I fixed the problem by reinstalling the software package of my integrated sound. Perhaps you could try that. Just run the setup, and click reinstall..

Most peculiar...
 dean_2036
03-22-2006, 5:55 AM
i have the same problem... i tried reinstalling direct x and my sound software but still nothing... I also have a SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio... can someone please help.
 HomoUniversalis
03-22-2006, 7:06 AM
I can only suggest you uninstall and reinstall the whole sound package, including the drivers.

If that doesn't work, try contacting SoundMax, if you are still in your warranty, or LucasArts/Activision.
 Admiral Z
03-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Try to go into the volume controls within the game and set the controls to max.
 dean_2036
03-22-2006, 5:42 PM
thanks heaps homouniversalis... it worked... your the man!!!
Page: 1 of 1