Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

new mod that does some helpful things

Page: 1 of 1
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 7:56 PM
Note: tHIS WAS THE FIRST MOD EVER CREATED AND UPLOADED TO THE INTERNET FOR STAR WARS EMPIRE AT WAR!!!!

this is a mod for EAW full version heres the readme file

thank you for down loading EAWFAN's first core game mod!!!
to install first go into your program files and copy your EAW game files and paste them any where you want(some place easy to find i have mine on my desktop) then simply place the xml file into the data file just like before with the demo(put the xml file in the newly pasted EAW) then it works it does the following :
decrease build time dramatically
adds tons more credits for each planet
higher pop cap
first EAW full game mod with the ven!!!

i will make another version that has more unit capacity along with both imp. and rebel units on each faction.

TERMS
i am not responsible for any harm or damage or any thing that can happen to your computer when you install this and or download this. you may not take any action against me at all if you lose any data or your computer gets screwed up. by downloading this you agree with the terms above

new mod http://files.filefront.com/starwarsrebelsoldiermooocom_mod_20rar/;4790890;;/fileinfo.html)
fixed the launching bug
lots of creds and population limit is very high
WORKS WITH THE CAMPAINS(rebel and empire story campains)
VEN added
and much more if there are any skinners or if you would like to help mod or be a test just email me at EAWBF2@aol.com

NEW VERSION 3.0!!!!
v wings spawn from ven
little more balanced
new abbilities for sd
mon cals and sd are buildable on all planets!!!!
http://files.filefront.com/Version_30rar/;4795245;;/fileinfo.html)
created by EAWFAN and rob

enjoy, EAWFAN
 damacles
02-17-2006, 8:22 PM
Since you know the xml pretty well, have you looked at the saves? If so, do you know where your credits are stored in the save for the Rebels and Empire in Campaign mode?
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 8:24 PM
Since you know the xml pretty well, have you looked at the saves? If so, do you know where your credits are stored in the save for the Rebels and Empire in Campaign mode?

i dont completly under stand that are you talking about saving games or a file called saves???
 aggie_john
02-17-2006, 8:26 PM
can you bring back some of the ships we had in the demo like the Venator and v-wing?
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 8:28 PM
i havent really messed around with that stuff yet but if some one wants to help email me but expect another mod on monday hopefully with the ven i will try to release one within the hour though
 damacles
02-17-2006, 8:28 PM
i dont completly under stand that are you talking about saving games or a file called saves???

Sorry, meant a saved game.
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 8:35 PM
Sorry, meant a saved game.

its ok i will look at that in a hour or so but im trying to get the ven. is it ok with every one if i just take the ven from a demo mod for now then edit it in 4 hours

just found the ven code another 25 minutes

testing now another 10 minutes
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 9:08 PM
ok i got the ven in hurray click the link on the top where you installed the first one and just reinstall it report any bugs in this thread
 damacles
02-17-2006, 9:19 PM
Man that sucks but hopefully the mod tools will fix that issue. Though I just can't seem to find the my money location in my Rebel Campaign saved game. I took my total money and converted it to hex reversed the digits and did a search in the save file...nothing showed up, so I put them back to normal and searched again, still nothing.

Hopefully you can help me with this, also hopefully, you can find the Empire's cash as well.
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 9:26 PM
Man that sucks but hopefully the mod tools will fix that issue. Though I just can't seem to find the my money location in my Rebel Campaign saved game. I took my total money and converted it to hex reversed the digits and did a search in the save file...nothing showed up, so I put them back to normal and searched again, still nothing.

Hopefully you can help me with this, also hopefully, you can find the Empire's cash as well.

i will look at it and i will stay online for 3 -4 more hours(its 8:30 pm here)
 damacles
02-17-2006, 9:28 PM
Thanks I will be on till midnight it's 9:30 here.
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 9:30 PM
i just found a file that you can set the creds for rebel campains im gonna test it right now. and how do like my mod?
 damacles
02-17-2006, 9:36 PM
Very nice...hopefully with the mod tools you can add the ven and perhaps other things. :)
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 9:50 PM
i did i added the ven just click the download thing again and it has the ven. this mod works in the campains but you have to restart the campain if your already playing it i cant get to any of the saved files through xml i will post this mod with more unit capacity and any thing else people ask. i am also wondering if any one wants to start a little "modding" group i have a website to host the mods but i need help just email me if your interested.
 damacles
02-17-2006, 10:03 PM
How exactly do I install it? You first post says to copy my game files to desktop. Which game files specifically. There's a megagame.xml file in my gamedata/data file.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out...doh!
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 10:17 PM
its ok we all have those moments and do not start a new campain just yet almost finished with the next version
 damacles
02-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Cool, any further luck on the in Campaign money location in the saved game?
 EAWFAN
02-17-2006, 10:37 PM
as i said in another post im preatty sure its impossible to access through XML but i will keep trying and new mod!!!
 damacles
02-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Well I can open the saved game in a hex editor I just can't find the hex address of my money.

Also I just downloaded your updated mod and will try it out now.

Hmm...odd...I took the XML folder and put it in my gamedata/data folder, ran the game, started new campaign...no changes...started new conquest...no changes.

Ok, what did I do wrong?
 EAWFAN
02-18-2006, 1:02 AM
in the aldeeran campain is the one i tweaked. yawn it is so late here that it aint funny when all you got last night was 2 hours of zzzzz

edit: could you email me the hex files for the save games my extractor doesnt work at the moment
 damacles
02-18-2006, 5:46 PM
Sleep? What's that? I got none and had to bartend all day today.
 LenaMarieD
02-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I cant get it working either, i put the files into \GameData\Data and nothing.
 EAWFAN
02-20-2006, 12:51 PM
sorry for the delay i got a virus on both of my computers but saved one and am worknig on the internet with the new version of the mod. i hope that i can release it very soon by there are a few viruses left on my comp with the mod and i dont really fell like giving everyone a virus. sorry for the delay, EAWFAN
 EAWFAN
02-20-2006, 1:53 PM
does any one want me to remove the pirates they are becoming a nusince in my opinion and post want you want in this mod
 EAWFAN
02-21-2006, 10:43 PM
new mod version check it out!!!!!
Page: 1 of 1