Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who's better?

Page: 1 of 1
 CloneCommanderC
02-16-2006, 6:45 PM
1. Clone Trooper, Super Battle Droid, Rebel Trooper, Stormtrooper
2. Heavy Trooper, Assault Droid, Rebel Vanguard, Shock Trooper
3. Clone, Droid, Rebel, Imperial Engineer
4. Clone Sharpshooter, Droid Assassin, Rebel Marksman, Imperial Scout
5. Clone Commander, MagnaGuard, Bothan Spy, Imperial Officer
6. Jet Trooper, Droideka, Wookiee Warrior, Dark Trooper

Who do you think is better?
Do it like it's done listed below.
1. ~~~~~~~~~~
2. ~~~~~~~~~~
3. ~~~~~~~~~~
And so on.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-16-2006, 6:48 PM
# 1.
 MachineCult
02-16-2006, 6:54 PM
I agree, #1.
 ParanoidAndroid
02-16-2006, 8:28 PM
Hmm, I would say:

1. Superbattle droid (Rockets not as useful as grenades but I love it's tri-shot)
2. A tie, but I prefer the Vanguard
3. a tie as well, but I prefer the Smuggler
4. Yet another tie, all the basic classes are virtually identical but I'm partial to the clone sharpshooter.
5. Bothan Spy.
6. Wookiee Warrior.
 jawathehutt
02-16-2006, 10:47 PM
 Arc9
02-17-2006, 5:09 AM
YOU ALREADY MADE A THREAD ABOUT THIS AND ITS NOT EVEN LOCKED SO YOU HAVE NO REASON TO REPOST IT!!!
 MachineCult
02-17-2006, 7:12 AM
Don't use caps, it makes you look stupid.
He obviously posted the thread twice by accident and we don't want people flaming like that on this board.
 Kurgan
02-17-2006, 1:09 PM
#2 if only for the satisfaction you get from people calling you a n00b. ;)
 PoiuyWired
02-17-2006, 1:11 PM
1. Clone Trooper, Rebel Trooper, Stormtrooper -- Same thing, 'nades over rockets!!
2. Assault Droid, -- Same, but space walk is good.
3. Clone, Droid, Rebel, Imperial Engineer -- Same really.
4. Rebel Marksman -- only unit with camo, Droids comes second
5. Clone Commander, Bothan Spy -- Bothan if you have awards and go for the sneaky fun, otherwise commander, Imp Officer sucks big round organic spheres.
6. Droideka, Wookiee Warrior -- Wookie for nade/bolt spam, Droidekas for most other indoor fighting. Not good at BF2's flyers yet so can't tell.
 zerted
02-17-2006, 3:29 PM
1. I prefer gernades over rockets.
2. I almost never use this class so I can't say.
3. They are all same to me.
4. They are all same to me.
5. MagnaGuard is good at med-long distances. Clone Commander is best at close range. Bothan Spy is my favorite unit. I use it to get behind enemy lines and capture back CPs.
6. I'd say the Wookiee is stongest, but I like the Dark Trooper more.
 Trouble
02-17-2006, 9:01 PM
1. Rebel trooper; has the biggest clip of ammo in the Elite rifle

2. Shock trooper; no real legitimate reason why, but my favorite even though they're all pretty much the same.

3.Clone Engineer; once again, biggest clip of ammo.

4. Rebel marksman; it's all about hearing the little scream she does when she gets hit.

5. Magna Guard; I love the weaponry it carries.

6. Jet Trooper; gotta love the EMP.
 jawathehutt
02-17-2006, 11:03 PM
i only like the magna gaurd for cis
i like all the basic rebel, emp and clone units
the only other special unit i like is clone commander
 jevro
02-18-2006, 9:32 AM
1. super battle droid, love the tri shot.

2.shock trooper, nice close range.

3.imperial engineer, he has alot of power and he shows it too.

4.MagnaGuard, choice of weapons.

5.imperial scout, hides better.

6.Wookiee Warrior, takes alot of damage and you gotta love the 'nade laucher.
 jawathehutt
02-18-2006, 10:38 AM
i think in terms of camo, clones and emp suck at life
especialy mustafar where the clone sniper has swamp camo on
 MachineCult
02-18-2006, 1:32 PM
Clones don't have camo on Mustafar.
 jevro
02-19-2006, 11:11 AM
I know, but at Endor they do.
 jawathehutt
02-19-2006, 11:42 AM
no look at teh clone sniper on mustafar
he has the swamp camo on
 PoiuyWired
02-19-2006, 1:43 PM
Hmmm... mustafar is as swampy a smagma rock.

Its like canadian troops wearing green camo in a desert area...
 jevro
02-19-2006, 5:17 PM
oh sorry jawathehutt I was thinking o something else
 MachineCult
02-19-2006, 5:40 PM
I don't know what weird version of the game you have jawathehutt but mine does not have a camo sniper it has a normal sniper.
 jawathehutt
02-19-2006, 10:50 PM
ive got pc
maybe the patch fixed it
idk i dont do mustafar much
 jevro
02-20-2006, 9:03 AM
well that kind of sums it up.
 jawathehutt
02-20-2006, 9:24 PM
edit double post
 jawathehutt
02-20-2006, 9:24 PM
i cheacked the patch fixed it
 PoiuyWired
02-21-2006, 4:18 PM
should we get back to topic??

I mean, some fractions sure have funny uniform on certain maps...

Also, it would be nice if the CIS have a few different looks/themes.
 jevro
02-21-2006, 4:20 PM
should we get back to topic??

I mean, some fractions sure have funny uniform on certain maps...

i know they look so dull
 MachineCult
02-22-2006, 7:57 AM
The CIS only have one look/theme, they look the same everywhere.
 Trouble
02-23-2006, 3:09 PM
The Droid Assasin on Kashyyyk is in camo. It's really faint but still there. Is that satisfying enough to be considered a different theme?
 MachineCult
02-23-2006, 5:35 PM
I thought that the Droid Assassin had that faint camo on every map.
 PoiuyWired
02-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Well, I really hope EU or something expand on things a bit on the color scheme(s) of CIS.

While they have only one scheme most of the time, we do not have a chance to see them functioning in other planets for real. while CIS's color is almost "multi-camo" I would expact them to have a different color on places like snow-planet??
 Redtech
02-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I like the idea of the sniper having some sort of Camo, but SBD silver seems fine by me. No camouflage for Imps though. ;)
 jawathehutt
02-24-2006, 4:32 PM
i like the normal battledroid look
i think sbd have bad fuing shui
jk but i dont like their looks
 Redtech
02-25-2006, 9:01 AM
I love the SBD, I'm a CIS fan, as they're the side with no false pretences, just false leadership. I like the SBD, they need a heavy hitter IMHO, otherwise they all look the same.
 PoiuyWired
02-27-2006, 3:53 PM
Well, SBD have the problem of being less powerful than they should be.

I mean, basic grunt unit should be a simple batle droid with rifles, something you can play as in that one single player mission back in BF1.

SBD should be something thougher.
 Niner_777
02-27-2006, 5:20 PM
I agree with PoiuyWired. The SBDs should be a lot tougher. After all, they're supposed to be better than regular troopers. The SBDs in Republic Commando are a good exaple of how much better the SBDs are than the regular battle droids. I'm not saying that they should be that different healthwise, but the SBDs should definitly be tougher.
 jawathehutt
02-27-2006, 5:31 PM
but then they are over powered and the cis alredy has the cheapo droideca
 g3netx528
02-27-2006, 10:35 PM
Don't use caps, it makes you look stupid.
He obviously posted the thread twice by accident and we don't want people flaming like that on this board.

DUDE......UR A FROOOOON!!!
 TSR
02-28-2006, 6:10 AM
#1- are we still talking about that?
if not-

bugger.
 Redtech
02-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Seriously, the original battledroid sucks. I mean, you already have it as the marine class and the SBD isn't dispensed so rarely that it can't be a "grunt" class.

Also, Republic Commando>>>Battlefront1+2.
It's not fair to compare those two games in the same sentance. Everything in that game is far too good. Heck, in that, SBDs were 9 foot tall, came with sheilds and were tanks!
 PoiuyWired
02-28-2006, 2:56 PM
Now, RC have its problems too...

That game is basically multi-player hostile... the single player is great though.

That having said, the firepower and toughness of some stuff are jacked up soooo high. Yes it makes for an interesting game, but making SBDs tougher than Droidekas is a bit too much.

Not to mention the infinite revive ability of those RCs and the autokill(almost) melee ability of your followers.

Ok, rents aside, I think SBDs should at least be a bit tougher than what they are ... aned SHOULD NOT be a grunt class. Magna guards would need a total revemp to make them fit the story though.
 MachineCult
02-28-2006, 4:49 PM
DUDE......UR A FROOOOON!!!
Dude, you're a flaming/spamming N00000b!!!
Keep it to yourself next time, I don't want to hear it.
 Niner_777
02-28-2006, 8:56 PM
Once again, I agree with PoiuyWired. The magna guards do need a total revemp in order make them fit the story. I think that they should be something like the jedi in the Knightfall and Imperial Diplomacy levels. I won't make the comparison to RC, if you know what I mean. lol
 jawathehutt
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
i agree niner and every1 else
i think that they should be made into melee mostly guys
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-28-2006, 10:47 PM
Once again, I agree with PoiuyWired. The magna guards do need a total revemp in order make them fit the story. I think that they should be something like the jedi in the Knightfall and Imperial Diplomacy levels. I won't make the comparison to RC, if you know what I mean. lol

I beg the differ. I am personally fine with them. They are still rather effective.
But, they should have Electrostaffs and made more of a melee-type unit.
 TSR
03-01-2006, 8:07 AM
who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively) sure, its fun to sit behind a wall on mos eisly launching mortars in the air. never know, withh FF on you migh get a kill (-). and rockets... from pistols? common sense will never prevail!!!!! mwahahahahahaa
 Redtech
03-01-2006, 8:56 AM
Well, I tend to buy games to play on my own. Otherwise, why not just copy Valve and just make it download only if it's only saving grace is that it's playable online?

Anyway, an autokill melee is pretty popular in Halo, no? I tend to like the revive ability, it's amusing, although sometimes it does get over used.

But I'm still a fan of an SBD as grunt class, because they aren't special enough to be "special." The Destroyer owns them in HP and Firepower for a start.

If anything, Stormtroopers are too rubbish to be a grunt class by your logic.
 Trouble
03-01-2006, 1:52 PM
who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively)

I play a lot of Galactic Conquest so I'm usually playing with all the classes. I found the Magna Guard to be quite effective in the close quarter areas of Polis Massa shooting down the long halls. I also like to use it on Kamino shooting down the ramps. The problem with the Magna Guard is the quick use of the ammo. On the maps I know I'm going to use him, I'll buy the supply bonus so it has extra ammo. On Kamino, I'll camp near an ammo droid. I've used Magna Guard a few times on Dagobah and am starting to like it there also, problem is though, once again, quick use of ammo.
 taclled
03-01-2006, 2:01 PM
Well, I really hope EU or something expand on things a bit on the color scheme(s) of CIS.

While they have only one scheme most of the time, we do not have a chance to see them functioning in other planets for real. while CIS's color is almost "multi-camo" I would expact them to have a different color on places like snow-planet?? come on guys the CIS dont have THAT much spare paint to paint there droids.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-01-2006, 2:43 PM
who actually uses the magna guards? (effectively) sure, its fun to sit behind a wall on mos eisly launching mortars in the air. never know, withh FF on you migh get a kill (-). and rockets... from pistols? common sense will never prevail!!!!! mwahahahahahaa

I use them. The "Bulldog" is rather effective when you aim for the enemies feet and fire. It creates a sonicboom and takes 'em out. IMO, there better the Imp Oficer at least.
 Niner_777
03-01-2006, 4:35 PM
They definitely can be used effectively. I just think that they could have made them fit the story better. Maybe they could have been fighting alongside Grievous in the Underground Ambush level, or maybe they could have been commanders in the Mustafar level. Something like that?
Page: 1 of 1