Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JK:JA Connection Assistance

Page: 1 of 1
 Graviej
02-14-2006, 12:29 PM
Greetings Jedi warriors,

I'm wondering if someone would be able to assist me with a small problem.

I've got a small personal dedicated server set up (working great), but I have some friends that are trying to connect from the same location and they can't seem to play at the same time. Basic set up is Cable Modem in connected to an Airport router, one is hardwired, one is using wireless. They can connect individually, but when they both try at the same time they cannot. I figure this has something to do with them getting the same real ip from the cable modem, but I was wondering if there was anyway around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Gravie
 acdcfanbill
02-14-2006, 7:30 PM
well since i can only assume an Airport router is wireless, both people would be getting their ip's from the router itself. if one person is connected outside the router, they will have to use an external ip to connect as well as you'll have to open the ports to allow incoming/outgoing information from the server.

im no server wizz, but i would guess its something to do with the settings on the router (provided that both are behind the router). perhaps you could email the company and see if they have any input on your prediciment.
 Graviej
02-15-2006, 1:26 PM
Thanks for the response acdc*. I think you are absolutly correct about them having the same "real" ip. Now, how to fix it. in reality.. it's their problem. I'm up and running fine. haha

thanks again,
Gravie
Page: 1 of 1