Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR III Wishlist

Page: 1 of 3
 killerDOTcom
02-13-2006, 8:43 AM
OK, there is enough proof now that LA is definately working on KOTOR III. Hoping that they pay attention to these posts, lets start a wish list for it.
Everyone post a reply, the more feedback, the better!

Edit: My first wish is multiplayer. Sounds a bit far fetched, but it should create, like, 4 options for multiplayer. Deathmatch, Pazzak Game, Swoop Race, and CO-OP.

Deathmatch is just like a face-off between several characters, and they just attack free-for-all, or on teams. Pazzak is pretty self-explanatory, so is swoop race.
CO-OP should be where several main characters engage in the main game, until they quit or until it ends. This would mean several parties would be out at once, each with their 2 other side characters(like T3M4 and HK-47), and the player's character. Obviously that would mean, depending on the multiplayer's party limit, there would be on option for a player to join, select his limited party members, and join. The party member ratio could be set for options like, 2 main characters and 4 side characters each, or 4 main characters and 2 side characters each, or 8 main characters and 1 side character each, or maybe even 64 main characters and 0 side characters each.

It would be cool, wouldn't it?
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-13-2006, 9:04 AM
Welcome KillerDOTcom.
I think you'll find it easier to edit your posts rather than to create a whole new one.
It's a real handy function.

Although the death matches and other side games are fine and will probably remain, I doubt you see mulitplayer.

It just can't happen for KotOR.
Read around the boards, you'll get good info here.
Maybe even answer some questions before you have to ask them.

Welcome and may the force be with you.

Oh, by the way, where is that proof you speak of?
 Phaedra36
02-13-2006, 9:12 AM
1) New planets please, no more Dantooine. Take me to the REAL Jedi Council, Corsucant! :)
2) More Dialouge! (Psst. I don't want them telling me their life stories halfway in game and never talk to me again!)
3) Find an inventive way to deal with Revan and the Exile, yet complete their stories from people of K1.
4) All plotholes and storylines finished. K2 was way too open-ended. If it needs to be a longer game, then I don't care :)
5) Let us play djarik (sp?)! They talk about it all the time, so let us play for it ourselves.
6) Make the gun turrets thing more interesting -_-. I hate that one >.>. I would be like, "Not again!" when I got attacked by Sith fleets in K1 =/
7) Let me sit down for once hehe :)
8) Make cooler headbands, I just refuse to wear the google-looking things.
9) Improved graphics
10) More customization options for your face, gear, etc. Like let me pick my eye and hair color :)
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-13-2006, 9:28 AM
Every one of Phaedra36's wishes I hope comes true.

OK, I don't know about the sitting, but... :)

Customization upgrades are necessary. Some of the gear is really unpleasant to look at.
I don't really care about the turret games as much as I'd like a well told story. Communication is key. You hit that one on the head.

Dialougue progression does need some tweeking. It definately took away from my desire to keep talking to my companions when they were so reluctant to share. (until I unknowingly got to a certain level).

Yes, new planets.
 Phaedra36
02-13-2006, 9:37 AM
It's not a must, but it would be cool to have more interactivity with your enviroment. I meant to edit that to expand it other than just sitting..but now you know :)
Edit: Got some more ideas xD.
1) Let me be able to save a bad guy at the end :) I try every friggin time and they are like, "No! The Dark Side will destroy you!" And then they seem to have repented after I almost kill them, and then they die anyway. C'mon LA, I want some Darth Vader action going on (in Ep. 6) that is ;)
2)Let me get to a level I can actually reach -_-. The max level was ...50 in k2 and I get around 30 every time.
3)Ooh. And let us know everything about our past even if we are some gizka scum on the street! We don't have to be anything special.
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I knew what you meant, mine was a feeble attempt at humor.
Yes indeed, interaction with surroundings (other than blades of grass moving as I walk by) would be refreshing and would add another level of realism.

That would be a nice touch if you've aquired dominate mind and high levels of persuade to be able to influence someone other than the storyline conversationalist. Being able to walk up to others, (not necessarily everyone) and convice them to tell you something or persuade them to do something would prove entertaining.

...like the two bullies in TSL on Nar Shaddaa that you can tell to give you all of their credits then jump into the pit.
Consequences of your actions would still apply, of course.

Redeeming lost souls, huh? This is an interesting idea. What if you are darkside already?
What then? Hmmm... I must meditate on this.

Sometimes it's better not to know your past I think.
It was extremely cool how Revan learned of his past in KotOR. I was very shocked the first time I played.
That wouldn't have worked had they told us who he was already.
Surprises are good.

I heared someone actually got to 50. Although I find that very difficult to believe. Where is all that XP?
 Phaedra36
02-13-2006, 7:19 PM
I knew what you meant, mine was a feeble attempt at humor.
Yes indeed, interaction with surroundings (other than blades of grass moving as I walk by) would be refreshing and would add another level of realism.

Let's just make sure it doesn't become too realistic. "So..Bastila..what were you saying about me again?" "Um I got to go to the bathroom!" ".." LoL. Oh and by the way, Cygnus I'm sorry :( Hard to catch humor on forum boards for me unless it is obvious lol.

That would be a nice touch if you've aquired dominate mind and high levels of persuade to be able to influence someone other than the storyline conversationalist. Being able to walk up to others, (not necessarily everyone) and convice them to tell you something or persuade them to do something would prove entertaining....like the two bullies in TSL on Nar Shaddaa that you can tell to give you all of their credits then jump into the pit.
Consequences of your actions would still apply, of course.

Haha yea, but the problem is that there would be too many npc's and then it would seem redundant and get old if they couldn't think of new ideas for each npc though =/. I would like Dominate Mind to come more into play however :).
"Atton..you are not a fool..." "I am not a fool.." LoL!^^

Redeeming lost souls, huh? This is an interesting idea. What if you are darkside already?
What then? Hmmm... I must meditate on this.

Maybe if you are darkside, you could make a LSer become a DSer unless they are all the way, die hard LS (i.e. Yoda or Vrook). I mean, Bastila could be easy to go to the DS again >.>

Sometimes it's better not to know your past I think.
It was extremely cool how Revan learned of his past in KotOR. I was very shocked the first time I played.
That wouldn't have worked had they told us who he was already.
Surprises are good.

Yeah I guess you are right. Surprises are good, I was so anxious to tell my boyfriend what happened but could not since he was so far behind.But on the flipside, some people on other SW forums have mentioned about getting angry about not being able to know their own character. Oh well, I know no matter what they do for K3 or really any game, someone is going to be upset. I want a few plot twists in the story like in K1, which I felt K2 did poorly on.

I heared someone actually got to 50. Although I find that very difficult to believe. Where is all that XP?

I have heard of some xp bug, and if you keep doing it over and over again you can eventually get to 50. I'll let you know if I find it out.
 JackDeth
02-14-2006, 7:38 PM
Planets that are more open, at least once you get outside of cities/settlements. There wasn't much exploring because the level design led you on paths that took you directly to what you were looking for and sometimes it didn't make sense. Why would the Black Vulkar base be nearly right next to the Beks base when they hate each other so? Or the Council on Dantooine has heard of a crystal cavern but wants you to explore it when its a 3 minute jog outside of the Council front gate, I know all that standing around in the council building gets tiring but still ! :)

Having planets more like Star Wars Galaxies would be a good one as an example, though not as wide open as that but you get the point.
 Buzz1978
02-15-2006, 12:56 AM

You can use the "infinite Hsiss (spell?) spawning point" in the tomb on Korriban. Everytime you "touch" the dead Jedi you get two Hsiss worth 400XP each. Let's assume we get Level25 the "normal" way and want Level50, then we need to touch (isn't that necrophilia or something like that?) him [(26+50)/2*24*1000/800] 1140 times. Ok, how sick is that?
 MdKnightR
02-15-2006, 1:45 AM
Though there are way too many requests to name, here's my wishlist for the moment....

1. Have the same level of character customization that is seen in Star Wars Galaxies (which is that game's only redeeming quality).

2. Hooded Robes. Have the option to pull it on and off the head of the character and also have it to where you can pull the robe completely off and drop it on the ground just before a duel (like in the movies).

3. Keep lightsaber upgrade options the way they were in TSL.

4. Bring back the brief "hmm, Got It, Damn!" dialogues for the PC.

5. Tie up all loose ends from K1 and TSL.

6. More content (for a longer game experience).

7. Customizable hilts for lightsabers.

8. Coruscant!
 Diego Varen
02-15-2006, 3:27 AM
What I want in KOTORIII.

1. New Planets - Except for maybe Telos, Onderon and Nar Shaddaa. New Planets I would like are Courscant, Deralia etc.

2. Hooded Robes - With a choice to have it up or down.

3. Better Customize - Be able to customize your facial features at the beginning. I mean on TSl, there was a Sam lookalike head.

4. Customizeable Lightsaber Hilts - Somewhere I heard every Jedi customizes their Lightsaber in their own way. So maybe we could have style, colour etc.

5. Longer Game - I want a game that is harder and longer than KOTOR and TSL. It makes the game more fun (Well for me anyway).

6. Try To Reedem Fallen Jedi - If you fall to the Dark Side, then your Master should try to bring you back. You then decide whether to go back or not. And to save the bad guy at the end. The ending could be entirely different.

7. Selectable PC Voice - Although they might not be able to say your name. Shame!

8. Better things to wear - For the head, instead of the googles, they should have blindfolds, Nihilus's Mask etc. And for gloves, you should be able to see the gloves.

9. Multiplayer - They could include a Multiplayer if it was about sparring or dueling, or Pazzak. It might not work though. For PC, you would have to go online.

10. Finish The Revan Storyline - It should explain everything to us at the end. Say where all the old Party Members were after they finished saving the Galaxy.
 Aurora Merlow
02-15-2006, 6:23 AM
1. Have the same level of character customization that is seen in Star Wars Galaxies (which is that game's only redeeming quality).

2. Hooded Robes. Have the option to pull it on and off the head of the character and also have it to where you can pull the robe completely off and drop it on the ground just before a duel (like in the movies).

3. Keep lightsaber upgrade options the way they were in TSL.

4. Bring back the brief "hmm, Got It, Damn!" dialogues for the PC.

5. Tie up all loose ends from K1 and TSL.

6. More content (for a longer game experience).

7. Customizable hilts for lightsabers.

8. Coruscant!

As usual MD right on the money. All i can add is please don't put in boring planets like Korriban in TSL because to be honest it was so tedious. That and to emphasise tieing up loose ends. We need to know what happened to Revan and the Exile as opposed to passing comments about them.
 Beast-Thrasher
02-15-2006, 9:56 PM
I would like it if you played as a dark side character you wouldn't show the visual evidence. If you go dark side in K1 and especially in K2 you see your face getting alot of creases and I would like it if that didn't happen or it only happened at key points in the game if you did something majorly evil. Since all your characters noticed if you went dark side they all comment on it and it would be nice if you could only use it when your using say dark side powers or something...just a thought
 Clone L68362
02-15-2006, 10:01 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has said I agree with. Improved graphics/animations, more clothing differences, such as new armor models, and taking robes off. Tying up loose plot lines, way more customization, and uh, somehow get Revan in there.
 RobQel-Droma
02-15-2006, 11:09 PM
1) Bigger planets. Maybe not the individual areas be that large, but have more of them so you can actually wander a ways around the planet. Along with that (I mentioned this in another thread), I'd like it if it was more searching you were doing instead of just landing at the same spot and following the story to whatever it is. To start off, how do you always land at the right spot?

2) Just what TSL did, just some expanding of options, more items, improved upgradability. Make it so even more types of items are upgradeably, like Calrissian's Utility belt can be an upgrade item with it's own special upgrades, etc. And including all the saber forms, instead of just the regular seven. What about Trakata, and Jar-Kai, and Dun Moch?

3) PC voices - been mentioned already. Makes my character feel like he is actually there, or has a voice. It was almost a shock when I heard my character say "Got it" when I went back and played KOTOR after playing TSL. In the second game, all you heard was complete silence.

4) New planets, new party members; except those that belong in the KOTOR galaxy or in the PC's party. Such as Dantooine and Korriban, they are, you could say, the light and dark "poster-planets" of the game, they just belong in the planet list. They are so important in that time period. And for your party, Manderous and the droids. No, not evil G0-T0. Two droids are enough, especially when they are HK and T3. Any other droids seem just like the devs are trying to create a character to match up to the ones they already have, which is impossible.

5) Cameos. Not a lot, but some mentions. I'd like to see everyone have a reunion at the end of the game, to see some of the earlier Jedi (Bastila, Juhani) meet up with the TSL Jedi (Atton, Visas, Brianna), and I'd like to see what happens to Carth (and as a side-note, perhaps his son Dustil), and people like Mission or Mira. And I'd love to see Suvam Tan again at the end. :D

6) And, as my last one for now, more areas like Yavin Station, or maybe Stoffe -mkb-'s Combat Sim Arena. Well, maybe not the CSA, but places like it, that are completely optional as to whether you go to them. If they could, it would be cool if they aren't "isolated", so that it isn't like the Sith Lords take a break while you go there, but are actually hunting you or whatever, and sending people after you on those planets/stations. In otherwords, things are actually going on while you are there. Not necessary for the storyline, but may give you a lot of clues and more info into the plot and the characters.
 Jae Onasi
02-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Good story
Good detailed planets with interesting scenery and lots of chances for interaction with other people/species.
Good characters with interesting back stories (and please spread it out. I'm with Phaedra--don't give it to me all at once and then have nothing the rest of the game)
Good music (an integral part of any SW experience)
Bring back the 'Return to Ebon Hawk' function
Cool headbands that don't completely mask the PC/NPC faces (unless you want). I hated talking to party members while not being able to see my and their faces.
Keep the lightsaber upgrade options--that was fun.
Keep the lab/work benches a la TSL. I liked being able to make something if the stores didn't have anything useful.
Have party members stay with you until the very end battle. I liked the Star Forge approach better than the Trayus Academy approach in that regard. Getting rid of cannon fodder is more fun with friends. :)
A nice (but optional) romance.
Some new spiffy Force powers
I like the random loot generator, but make it non-random in certain places to make sure you get something decent at an appropriate time. I could understand cannocks having totally random loot, though, since they eat just about anything.
Keep the prestige classes. I'd like to see NPCs that make it to the appropriate level become a prestige class, too (OK, without cheating! Thank goodness for all the mods and KSE! :) )
Design the program so modders can easily make mods. Even if a company doesn't officially support it, there are ways to make the program easier or harder for modders to alter.
Keep pazaak and swoop racing (though I'll need another Darth 333 EZ swoop race mod, I'm sure! :) )
Have witty comments between NPCs and PC/NPC. I wouldn't mind a humorous sidequest or 2, either.
DS options that require more finesse than just killing everything in sight.
Cool things like new lightsabers, items, armor, etc.
A nice, warm, tropical planet with lush foliage and flowers....(yeah, we're having a snowstorm here again, and I have spring fever)
Lots of different ways to gain XP and LS/DS points
Good replayability
Among many, many other things
 lonewolf8222
02-16-2006, 8:59 PM
The one thing that I want is for your actions to not be enharently dark side or light. I can't think of anything off the top of my head from in game but Oh yea, Force pursade in K1 and you get dark side points for not paying docking fee's what is up with that? Oh an insulting people should have a option to do it in jest so you can laugh in the came, and yourself, If you want to be good you shouldn't always have to say I understand you are having problems, you shoule be able to say "get over it" or something to that effect. One thing i would also like to see is when you become swoop champain people should stalk you like the poporasie. and you can throw in a little side quest, also a dueling ring, like Bio's Jade Empire. and how about you can fly your ship in space combat and let Carth or Atton use the dam tourbolazer
 Buzz1978
02-18-2006, 8:33 AM
There are actually a lot of good ideas in this thread I'd like to see realized. I don't want to repeat them all so I just list some things I didn't notice (that way)...

1) In K1 and K2 (most RPGs to be true) sidequest means actually a quest you solve simply passing by. I'd like to see at least some sidequests that need their own approach. At best I'd like to see the idea of sidequests/mainquests abandoned and keep the player in the dark what quest holds info to push the main plot forward. see 3)

2) Some people want larger areas. I agree with that, but worse for me is that the areas actually *feel* small. Take Tatooine for example: You leave Anchorhead and standing right in front of the city you already see the sandcrawler that was mentioned before ... duh! If you would have to rent a speeder to get to the different locations, it would feel bigger even if the areas were the same size. Give me a blank map and by asking around I get new targets on it. For Tatooine maybe the hunters in the hunters lodge tell me (after persuasion) a good hunting ground, and even if I don't want to hunt at all, the hunters there may know where the sandcrawler is...

3) In K1 and K2 (most RPGs to be true - did I say that before?) the story is straight, straight, straight. You always know what to do next. There's no need to follow vague hints that end up revealing nothing (important) at all. Why is that? In movies and books I like a story that "evolves". Slowly while picking up new puzzle pieces a larger image appears, but some pieces just show blurry background... Better don't tell me what things are up to and while we're at it don't tell me what my opponents are up to. Just tell me they're up to something and let me find out myself what it is and not in one big step but in small steps that give me a false impression sometimes and/or cast a different light on the objectives of the enemy while the story goes on...

4) Right now you pretty much always know what actions are LS or DS and the normal NPC reacts positive if you act LS and negative if you act DS. While this is plausible it's also pretty boring and people don't always act plausible. I'd like to see a more complex causality - like you mean to do good but it doesn't work out that way. And after helping someone he doesn't always tell you how grateful he is, instead he says: "What? Want me to thank you? I didn't ask for your help and I don't like you any better now! Get lost!". And for the quests: I think it's imperative to "win" in the end, but that doesn't necessarily mean, that everything between start and finish has to go out as planned.
I'd like to see the light path become a challenge and the dark path to become the easy way they always tell you about. And while some people want an influence indicator like the LS/DS indicator I say take that one out as well and don't tell me what action is LS or DS. Let me find out myself where I end up.

5) Whether or not keep the Ebon Hawk isn't a big deal for me (no need to argue, I just don't care) but while having one "main ship" I'd like to see some variety. I liked playing as one of the party members in TSL. This idea could be expanded: One or two of the companions lose contact with the party and need to get back to the show, so they need to find a transport...
And why am I always the one to decide where to go next making me the big boss? I think it would be an improvement if for some time (in the beginning, let's say you're still a padawan and you're travelling with your master and of course he decides...) if you want things your way, you have to argue about it.

Edit:
5 1/2) IMHO the SW movies are a lot about fun - for example the "young" ObiWan makes jokes all the time and the part of Ep2 about C3PO losing his head and his comments is just one big joke. I think it's pretty clear that being confronted with *big* problems doesn't mean you have to lose your good mood not even if you're a Jedi who has to control his passions. So give me the cheerful atmosphere of K1 back! (dammit!)
/Edit

Edit2:
5 3/4) The lightsaber combat forms in TSL are nice to have but I think it would be cool if you would actually see the consequences. Right now it's all the same even the most opposite forms Soresu and Juyo, you don't see a Jedi/Sith on Master Speed attacking two additional times in one combat round, there's not even a visual proof if an attack is succesful or not. About time to change that!
/Edit2

6) Stated last because it isn't really part of the SW Universe: Maybe someone around here knows the books of CJ Cherryh. What I really like about them is that different species not only look different but their ways of thinking are entirely different. We have a lot of species in SW but inside they're all human. I just bought the Chanur-cycle (in Germany last published in the 80's, man, that was expensive!) and it pictures a species named Kif. I couldn't help but thinking of them as something like a Sith role model, not exactly evil but totally unaware of others "sensitivies". If a Kif follows someone, it's got nothing to do with respect or companionship, it's just the greater power of the one he follows and if he sees a good chance to kill him and survive, there's no question if he should do it or not, he will do it to gain prestige because for him prestige equals power. At one point one of the main characters (nonhuman also) explains the Kif leader the nature of martydom (to bluff him) and this concept is totally disturbing for him...
I think I made myself clear. I would like the good/evil thing to take a step back and let different ways of thinking take at least some place not only considering different species but also considering different fractions of the same species. (sth we on planet earth should consider more while observing daily news if I'm allowed to say that...)
 eye_of_osiris02
02-19-2006, 1:09 AM
I like the idea of being a different species other than human.

Twi'lek - yes, and definitely a blue one
Zabrak - this would be a nice change
Nautolan(Kit Fisto) - yes
Falleen - very good persuasive powers (just a thought)
Cathar - Juhani was ugly and irritating. No
Wookie - Rugs are for walking on. No offense Chewie!
 Phaedra36
02-19-2006, 2:07 AM
Yes it would be interesting, BUT the canonical good guy/girl is always a human. At least it was in the Star Wars movies..I haven't played any games outside the Kotor rpgs to know if there was a hero/heroine that was a race other than human.
 dtriniman
02-19-2006, 1:07 PM
Ok hi I'm new to the boards and I just wanted to say I'm glad to be here and I hope to meet and make a whole lot of new friends.

The dream game for me would be a SW game with a KOTOR/KOTOR II type storyline (which is so in-depth) and Jedi Outcast/Academy type action (which is so intense). Yes I know a rpg game that shifts to a fps when it's time to fight might be hard to pull off but hey it's my fantasy deal with it!

Ok as far as KOTOR III would go we definitely need:

1. Customizable faces, torsos and legs similar to Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy:Which was well recieved. I mean it really gives you a sense of individuality. I can't tell you how frustrating it was playing these 2 games and starting off with a guy who has the right beard and gaotee but no hair or vice versa. Let US choose, don't just slap in some stupid templates. And also like JK3 different races for the MC.

2.Customizable lightasaber hilts: Also a feature of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy which was widely received. If you know even a bit of the SW world you would know that padawans create their own lightsaber hilt after practicing with a training saber. I mean after seeing them in both KOTOR games the piece of white pipe is damn annoying now.

If you guys want some models to work with I'll post a pic of the Alaris Hilt pack and some other sabers used in JK3. I mean geez get creative. What makes it worse is that the regular modders/skinners don't have access to the SW database you people obviously do and it's an insult that you give SW fans a piece of pipe and pass it off as a saber.

3. Another developer: Obsidian may be good with other titles but I'm only interested in SW and as the old adage goes: "You don't get a second chance to make a first impression." I mean their rush to meet some stupid deadline completely massacred what would have been a much better sequel to the Game of the Year KOTOR.

It wasn't until someone on another messageboard opened my eyes and showed me that the video is missing because they wanted to meet the deadline but the audio was there and I listened to it I got more enraged.That's right, for anyone who didn't know, all the alternate endings and all the missing pieces are in your game, the audio at least. I mean it's good stuff. Why not take the extra time and release a smash hit?

4.Bosses that act and fight like bosses: Malak was the man! The only sith Lord who cut it for me in either of the games. OK let's take KOTOR II. I didn't get a new lease on force powers cap (which can go up to 50 if I rmemeber correctly) to fight Sion who I can't beat with my saber (including the use of forms which finally got into a KOTOR game although we've been using it since Outcast) and new Force Powers but instead I beat him by destroying his will? That's so counter-productive.

If I had known that was how i would have beat him I'd have just cheated and did setpersuade 999. Come on you give me new saber skills and a heap of force powers for that? And Nihilus was the bigger dissapointment. All bark and no bite. Sure he looked and sounded cool but he was a pushover. Ridiculous.

As for storyline how about something more personal. Well the choice I mean. Let's say you start off as an padawan and a promising one at that. For once a SW RPG could possibly show the trials of a padawan/adept to knight. (For anyone who played JK2 you know you loved the trial Luke made Kyle take to get back his ligthsaber. YOU KNOW YOU DO!

Let's say up to this point you are under the assumption only one of your parents is alive until there is some sort of unrest. You overhear your only parent say something about the dead one. You decide to follow up for yourself from what you overheard and this takes you on different quests and you receive a speficic destination which when you arrive after who knows what, you discover your dead parent is actually dead in the sense that noone thinks about him/her anymore because he/she joined the sith.

Of course you are appalled 1st your only parent has been keeping this from/lying to you, your other parent is alive and worse yet is a sith. The plot can thicken by
some convo somethign to the tune of : "oh do you believe so my son? No we are not evil , we are portrayed that way so that you and people like you won't know the truth. I suggest you go to the archives , find terminal 36 and look in the Archer Forest files the code to get in is 237024. When you have read it all then come back and tell me if you still think we are evil."

Well that's all for now I know it was a long post and I apologize. i suffer from firsttimeritis.

Almost forgot here is the Alaris Hilt Pack Pic

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/Tarr...rishiltpack.jpg)
 MdKnightR
02-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Here's one I'd like to add:

As Buzz1978 said above, make the lightside more challenging and the darkside more the easy way out, but beyond that, I think the darkside conversation options should be alot more shrewd and conniving and less bully-like in nature. This was one of the main reasons that I always played lightside characters. The darkside needs to be more dynamic and less one-sided. The only darkside conversation option that I enjoyed was when you used the Jedi Mind Trick on the thugs at Nar Shaddaa and told them to jump into the pit (which was evilly amusing).
 kookaburra
02-22-2006, 1:24 AM
My wish list is for Kotor III to be made.
 Diego Varen
02-22-2006, 1:26 AM
My wish list is for Kotor III to be made.

Isn't that what we all want?
 ElizLestrad
03-17-2006, 7:11 PM
1) Longer story (Reference one of my other posts)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2049315#post2049315)

2) Character creation - faction selection and race selection
It would be nice to choose who you affiliate with to make for a more interesting story. For instance have the choices between the Republic, the Sith Empire, and the Mandalorians

Also have the option of the Mandalorians offering to side with the Sith or the Republic based on your affiliation and actions.

3) More epic battles like the Battle for Onderon
Id love to see more Bassilisks raining down from the sky...

4) More backstabbing
I thought it was cool that you could choose sides in the battles on Dantooine and Onderon in Kotor II but I would have liked the Darkside option of (in the case of say Onderon, choosing a side then upon completing the overthrow turning on my ally and claiming the planet for myself (well...in the name of the Mandalorians) )

5) More planets to visit (Returning planets)
Suggestions: Corruscant, Duxn, Kuat (KDY Shipyards), Geonosis, Kamino

6)More customization on starting feats
This was one thing that was annoying. That when you create a character that the program chooses the feats you start out with. All this means to me is thats one point in a feat I may never use that I could have used for something else

7)Fame/Infamy
I think it would be cool that depending on actions you take on certain planets, that word eventually gets around to other planets and people are either excited to see you or afraid of you

Thats all I can think of for now...
 †Saint_Killa†
03-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Lesser irritating repetitive alien voices.
 Alkonium
03-17-2006, 10:24 PM
I'd like to see more moddability, the PC version being DVD only, audio for the player character's dialogue, more non-humans that speak basic, a more interactive engine than the Odyssey Engine, facial customisation, species selection, and real-time combat.
 Dethnite
03-19-2006, 11:58 PM
I love all the ideas how about an Online Arena??? I think that would be cool as Heck maybe go in and duel and get some kind of Arena credits where you can only buy items sold in the arena and only with arena Credits so players have to alteast duel?
 Angelos Kumani
03-20-2006, 4:22 PM
I want to see non-battle time displayed by taking weapons out of my hands w/o having to switch to an empty hand weopon...

Lightsabers/Pistols, etc. in hand while hacking into a computer must have complicated things a little bit...

Create holsters, etc. that you actually wear and use.

Use of the Force to draw your saber.

More interaction w/enviroment - not just through the force...but with your saber too. For example: In Revenge of the Sith on XBOX when you want to open a door you either have to cut open an electrical panel (by cutting around said panel), then cut wires - - or you have to cut through the door by stabbing your saber into it then cutting the door away, then kicking it in - this would be really cool! (they let you open a door the regular way too, but had a lot more fun when I had to do this)

Another Example: Needing to prtoect T3M4 while he hacks a door for you.

Larger worlds in the sense that you would have to travel to different locations on the same planet, via transportation other than your ship - I mean you have a swoop bike let us use it...and not just a different "sector" in the same area. Example: On Naboo travelling from the capitol to the Gungan city...
 ScieX
03-22-2006, 7:53 PM
1. if you turn a character dark side, and they started out the game as a light side character. have their behavior change. i thought it was kinda dumb having the handmaiden remain this morally upright character when i turned her to the dark side. and it was stupid when i made visas light, she still acted like a sith. fix that

2.decent ending

3.better graphics

4.debug it, im getting tired of all the glitches

5.customizable robes

6.if you are dark, make it so you can join the Sith, its dumb how a Sith is working for the Republic

7.cool Sith Lord, and only one, In KOTOR 2 there were 2 but they only focused on one.
you really learned nothing of Darth Nihilus

8.Storyline more solid

9.More side quests

10.make it so you can take up an apprentice, you kind of could in 2 but not really.

11.Romance side quests back in.

12.more force powers

13.more planets....TAKE OUT DANTOOINE, TELOS,and PLACES LIKE PERAGUS.

add in:
Taris ruins
Coruscant
Add in Tatooine back in
Manaan back in
Korriban back in but make it so that the Academy is back up and running

14.make it easier to get in to, im sorry but in 2 it just took you too long to get your lightsaber

15.make it so you have a small prelude as a boy, in it you decide whether or not to be trained as a Sith or a Jedi, and the game will form around that desicion

16.the ebon hawk has to go, sorry but its time to get a new ship.

17.customizable faces,stature, and height.

18. make more potential party members, for instance make 20 people who could potentially join your party but only have 9 slots, so you can be selective and get the members you want. also make it so, if your influence over your character gets low enough, make it he or she can make an attempt at your life or do some other form of betrayal, that would be cool and would make the game more realistic

19. no more Kreia-like characters, she ticked me off

20.have each person have an individual name, not "Handmaiden" or "Disciple"

21.if you choose to be a Sith make it so you can take over the Sith Academy

22.in your robes, make it so you have the option to take a cloak off and put it back on, and put your hood up and down. that would be intense. also make it so you can get that nifty silvery armor that the Sith and Dark Jedi wore in KOTOR 1. id love that.

23.have a shocking revelation about the main character during the middle of the story, like in KOTOR, there were no revelations like that in 2.

24.more variation in the NPC's faces.

25.make it so the lightsaber will actually cut through things, i hate it how you fight a lightsaber with a vibroblade and the lightsaber cant cut through it.
 shinyjedi
03-22-2006, 8:49 PM
1. Include a modding engine/toolset!
2. Include a library of blank or mostly blank walkmeshes and etc... to facilitate adding modules/levels/areas. Then, just place a bunch of transition hooks (or whatever they're called) in the main areas so the modders can just build an area and latch it onto the original without undue difficulty.
3. Voices for the PCs. How hard could it be? voice actors are a dime a dozen, as long as you aren't expecting Ed Asner or Liam Neeson or somebody. Hire five or six college drama majors to read the damned lines, rar the files up and unpack them at character generation.
4. I firmly agree on the more detailed customization ability for PC generation.
5. More party flexibility. Why, for instance, would a lightside jedi put up with G0-T0, that floating bad attitude? I mean, HK is at least funny.... It isn't like it serves any purpose other than as a traffic impediment in the ship. Give me a choice of choosing, say 9 companions out of a possible 15, and allow ME to choose rather than my alignment being an automatic trigger. That way I also add replayability. Also, make it possible for party members to abandon you if you screw up in their eyes. Talk about a way to use the influence system!
6. What all those posters before me said (mostly)

I could go on and on, but I'm on my way out to pick up a copy of Neversleep, which comments on these forums have finally convinced me to try. Just when I thought I'd be able to get back to work! Will the torment never end? :cry8:
 Prime
03-23-2006, 9:24 AM
EWOKS!!!
 JokotoFett
04-10-2006, 9:32 PM
I would like to see more of the Mandalorian War.
 Samnmax221
04-10-2006, 9:35 PM
My only request is maybe 7 or 8 planets with many areas each, and lots and lots of side quests
 Lord Pickle
04-12-2006, 3:38 AM
A skill based leveling system like in Oblivion. Think of it, now things like steath are actually useful. You can truely create the character you want and no more domination by Guardians. Being a consouler would be as viable as being a Guardian.

Also no more of last bosses that are near impossible to beat by being a force specialist. Almost every bloody force attack on both Keria and Malik are saved and yet as a Guardian with a decent shield and buffing I can hack through them with no problem. I think with every sitm and force buff I can kill Malik within three rounds.
 Beast-Thrasher
04-12-2006, 12:31 PM
A skill based leveling system like in Oblivion. Think of it, now things like steath are actually useful. You can truely create the character you want and no more domination by Guardians. Being a consouler would be as viable as being a Guardian.

Also no more of last bosses that are near impossible to beat by being a force specialist. Almost every bloody force attack on both Keria and Malik are saved and yet as a Guardian with a decent shield and buffing I can hack through them with no problem. I think with every sitm and force buff I can kill Malik within three rounds.

It depends on where you put your attribute points, you can be a consular but have lots of strength, or a guardian and lots of points in wisdom but generally you don't do that. Powers that work against malak are Stasis field, Plague, Force wave, throw lightsaber, drain life, force lightning and Kill, so mostly darkside powers work on Malak. With Darth Traya if you have a high wisdom and you use force enlightment its very easy, Malak is actually harder than Traya since that Sith lord isn't a fighter like Malak.
 The Source
04-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Younger and Cute PC Heads for Females.
Masculane and Younger PC Heads for Males
 Jae Onasi
04-12-2006, 1:29 PM
Younger and Cute PC Heads for Females.
Masculane and Younger PC Heads for Males

Naw, if I'm going to play a Goddess of the Force, I'd like my PC to look like she's seen at least a little bit of the galaxy. I don't want cute, I want drop-dead gorgeous and have the guys all fall over my PC.

Definitely more masculine males. If I'm going to be looking at him all game, I'd like him to be a manly man, not a fluff-bunny.
 Lord Pickle
04-13-2006, 1:27 AM
It depends on where you put your attribute points, you can be a consular but have lots of strength, or a guardian and lots of points in wisdom but generally you don't do that. Powers that work against malak are Stasis field, Plague, Force wave, throw lightsaber, drain life, force lightning and Kill, so mostly darkside powers work on Malak. With Darth Traya if you have a high wisdom and you use force enlightment its very easy, Malak is actually harder than Traya since that Sith lord isn't a fighter like Malak.

But it is still much too hard to kill either of them as a consular at least compared to being a Guardian. I remember beating TSL the first time and having no problem with Traya. Then as a consular in was tougher, my powers were constantly being saved against even though I used the infinite XP glitch in Koriban and was something like a level 40 when facing Kriea. My point is if you spend all your time honing your fighting skills then the last boss fight isn't that bad but it isn't the same for a consular. It ain't fair that I spend all that time using the force only to have to mainly use my lightsaber to take out the last boss. Same thing happened to me in NeverWinter Nights.

So by having a skills based leveling system a guy like Malak, a Guardian should logically be owned by a force user at least as far as saving throws on force powers are concerned. As for Traya ok she is a consular and a powerful one to so the massive saving throws yet susceptibility to the saber is ok.

I forgot to mention another good feature of Oblivion was the fact that enemies level up with you so no more dungeon crwaling. Maybe that's just me because I have this insane need in KOTOR to get my character to as high a level as possible. Damn your name crystal with its highest power at level 33.
 DarthZayne
04-13-2006, 3:17 AM
my wish is.

1. if they put a level limit , then be able to reach it wiout using glitch or cheat.

2. make single lightsaber more advantage , i wont explain it more cause its will be flood then.

3. multi player pazzak is possible. and should be fun.

4. more species for the main character , other than human . i have nothing againts human but after 2 main character human is very getting boring.

5. [note this comment , is for only hardcore kotor era geek]
PLEASE BE ******* acurate with the item skin's, like exar kun- light armor .
and Ulic Qel-droma mesh suit. no way they are similar to the comic book's

6. make more cool looking armor and robe item' hooded robe, armor with cape like ulic darkside , or exar should be fun.

[personal comment]
7. its should be fun to see epic kotor era character. i know they all dead , but why not make a kotor before or during the mandalorian war's
i want to see Ulic,Exar-kun . doing quest for them .
 Reclaimer
04-13-2006, 6:53 AM
OK, there is enough proof now that LA is definately working on KOTOR III. Hoping that they pay attention to these posts, lets start a wish list for it.
Everyone post a reply, the more feedback, the better!

Edit: My first wish is multiplayer. Sounds a bit far fetched, but it should create, like, 4 options for multiplayer. Deathmatch, Pazzak Game, Swoop Race, and CO-OP.

Deathmatch is just like a face-off between several characters, and they just attack free-for-all, or on teams. Pazzak is pretty self-explanatory, so is swoop race.
CO-OP should be where several main characters engage in the main game, until they quit or until it ends. This would mean several parties would be out at once, each with their 2 other side characters(like T3M4 and HK-47), and the player's character. Obviously that would mean, depending on the multiplayer's party limit, there would be on option for a player to join, select his limited party members, and join. The party member ratio could be set for options like, 2 main characters and 4 side characters each, or 4 main characters and 2 side characters each, or 8 main characters and 1 side character each, or maybe even 64 main characters and 0 side characters each.

It would be cool, wouldn't it?

I have to disagree with all of that. 64 main characters? Jesus! That's a hell of lag to deal with!
 Beast-Thrasher
04-13-2006, 10:11 AM
But it is still much too hard to kill either of them as a consular at least compared to being a Guardian. I remember beating TSL the first time and having no problem with Traya. Then as a consular in was tougher, my powers were constantly being saved against even though I used the infinite XP glitch in Koriban and was something like a level 40 when facing Kriea. My point is if you spend all your time honing your fighting skills then the last boss fight isn't that bad but it isn't the same for a consular. It ain't fair that I spend all that time using the force only to have to mainly use my lightsaber to take out the last boss. Same thing happened to me in NeverWinter Nights.

So by having a skills based leveling system a guy like Malak, a Guardian should logically be owned by a force user at least as far as saving throws on force powers are concerned. As for Traya ok she is a consular and a powerful one to so the massive saving throws yet susceptibility to the saber is ok.

Damn your name crystal with its highest power at level 33.

I beat Traya and I used the glitch in Korriban to get to level 15 consular and level 35 Jedi Master. Yes, yes its a cheat but I've played the game twice before without cheating so I want to see if you get an extra stuff if you level up to the MAX. I beat Traya before but as level 15 consular and level 14 Jedi Master. it was a little tougher but it was way easier than Malak. What helps at level 50 is all the bonus you get in your stats and the extra points in your attributes. Here's what really helps you beat Traya Master Force enlightment, Master flurry or sper attack...when the second part of the battle begins use force confusion on one of the lightsabers and then confuse mind on another one, leaving you some time to whack at her! I'll show a picture of my Jedi Master but not now and not in this thread, probably in those awesome pics thread.

Strange I thought the upgrades for your crystal stopped at 30 mmm interesting...
 Henz
04-13-2006, 2:42 PM
Somehow making it never end

and

Loads of different Y button animations (who doesn't run around spinning their blades around n' such?)
 T3-M4
04-14-2006, 2:00 AM
1. Some easier levels! I bought KOTOR II three weeks ago and I still keep on dying on Peragus II! (Stupid Mining droids.)

2. You just get a lightsaber straight away.

3. KOTOR III would probaby be the extermination of the Sith, so it would be fun to play a a sith from the start.
 DarthZayne
04-16-2006, 12:19 PM
T3-M4 if ya want i can make you a crazy build Stats/item for any class .
Then the game will be a joke for ya.

1. harder please make the game harder comon please !!

2. better model's for item's (armor and robe)

3. new combat system.

4. better swoop racing mini game's

5. more special pazzak card.

6. more party member's to kill :P
 Darth Essence
04-16-2006, 1:37 PM
well ... the thing i really liked in TSL .... crafting ... KIII should have even wider range of things that can be made .... more weapons ... and .. btw .. Jedi .. are suppossed to build their own sabers ... not give some parts to a guy with no knowledge of them .. so he does the dirty work ...

of course .. different hilts ... that do not look like a common metal tube ....

and .. if the planets/areas are bigger .. wider .. etc .. then ... wouldnt it be nice to be able to buy one of some different speeders .. or somethin ...

and the Ebon Hawk ... it could be sold .. and then ... buy a similar .... but new ship ...

now wouldnt that all be nice .. ?
 Lantzen
04-16-2006, 4:01 PM
A new game engine
A better influence system
More planets
Bigger planets
why not a bigger game:)
and some more
 shinyjedi
04-17-2006, 12:33 AM
@Zat:
Bad news. They like the influence system so much they're using it in NWN2. It's noted on the NWN2 website as a feature :nut:

I'm all for big big planets. I don't really care if they're empty. Big and empty just means more room for modders to play with.
 Shato Khan
04-17-2006, 2:59 AM
Planets that are more open, at least once you get outside of cities/settlements. There wasn't much exploring because the level design led you on paths that took you directly to what you were looking for and sometimes it didn't make sense. Why would the Black Vulkar base be nearly right next to the Beks base when they hate each other so? Or the Council on Dantooine has heard of a crystal cavern but wants you to explore it when its a 3 minute jog outside of the Council front gate, I know all that standing around in the council building gets tiring but still ! :)

Having planets more like Star Wars Galaxies would be a good one as an example, though not as wide open as that but you get the point.

i agree :twogun: :sithk:

1. Some easier levels! I bought KOTOR II three weeks ago and I still keep on dying on Peragus II! (Stupid Mining droids.)

2. You just get a lightsaber straight away.

3. KOTOR III would probaby be the extermination of the Sith, so it would be fun to play a a sith from the start.
you are bad if you die on peragus ( but i am vet :) ) and you second one plenty of mods that let you do yust that.

your third only for DS :twogun: :sithk:
 Curse
04-17-2006, 7:03 AM
EWOKS!!!

Ewoks! We got wookies, why not Ewoks? :P

Anyway, i want Revan back! :'(
And pretty much everything the others who replied here mentioned! :)
Page: 1 of 3