Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Forum really laggy!??

Page: 1 of 1
 Slocket
02-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Is it just me, or is the forum, several times, is extremely slow and laggy.

Not always, but enough that I just wonder if others experience this.??

I love this forum, please do not take this as an offense. I just thought I would post this problem maybe.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Yes, it'd have to agree a little, it's a bit slower than usual but maybe it's because I have a demo downloaded on my PC. XP
 EAWFAN
02-12-2006, 1:14 PM
now it is like dial up speed for me (20-30 seconds for each page) and im on roadrunner 700kbs
 Jmaster3265
02-12-2006, 1:19 PM
Is it just me, or is the forum, several times, is extremely slow and laggy.

Not always, but enough that I just wonder if others experience this.??

I love this forum, please do not take this as an offense. I just thought I would post this problem maybe.

Nope not for me, what type of internet connection do you have? And um isnt this in the wrong forum? Feedback forum maybe?
 Thrawn
02-12-2006, 1:29 PM
Boxed and shipped. Over to feedback we go!
 Slocket
02-12-2006, 3:13 PM
cable connection. Sorry, I did not know exactly where to post this. I think its top speed is 150k.

It seems random fast then slow. wierd.
 Jabbas WhOr3
02-12-2006, 3:52 PM
Its slow for me today aswell. ADSL. Most of the time its fine.... just today for some reason.
 lukeiamyourdad
02-12-2006, 3:54 PM
The forums are encountering some problems. I had several database errors yesterday.
Probably server related problems.
Be patient and know that the admins are working hard to fix it.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-12-2006, 4:00 PM
That and there's been an unusually large amount of traffic in the past few weeks... (can someone say E@W release soon ;) ) hehehe... :emodanc:

You can always go here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/)

and scroll down to the bottom to see how many simultaneous users are online at the same time... upwards of 350+ the Forums tend to get a little laggy.. but bearable :D
 lukeiamyourdad
02-12-2006, 4:41 PM
Well, this weekend has been low on traffic compared to when the demo came out and it wasn't like this back then.
Next weekend is going to be nightmarish in comparison.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-12-2006, 5:00 PM
Next weekend is going to be nightmarish in comparison.Agreed :eek:

Man I feel sorry for the peepz that have to moderate this Forum after the release.. * looks at LIAYD's status * ..oh wait.. hehehe ;)

I'm sure Rhett won't mind me giving you guys-n-gals THIS (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/emotes/Rhett-Ointment.jpg) to help you out :devsmoke:

J/K gang, I'm sure the fine group of Admins/S-Mods/Mods & Members will do their best to make the E@W release quite enjoyable.. I'm hyped & looking forward to it myself :D
 Bob Lion54
02-12-2006, 5:13 PM
Well, this weekend has been low on traffic compared to when the demo came out and it wasn't like this back then.
Next weekend is going to be nightmarish in comparison.
Yea, it was pretty quiet. I was suprised. Good luck next weekend though. I think I'll spend my time not playing the game in the tranquility of Ahto. :xp:

The forums seem fine today, but there was about a 12hour period where I couldn't log on. (I think it was Wednsday or Thursday) I tried to log on before work (I go to work at midnight) and when I got home I still couldn't log on. I figured the admins were working on the server or something.

Finally around noon, I was able to log on. I think I was the first one back too. It was funny seeing "Users Online 1." That lasted all of 10 seconds though. hehe
 Jeff
02-12-2006, 6:36 PM
I'm sure Rhett won't mind me giving you guys-n-gals THIS (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/emotes/Rhett-Ointment.jpg) to help you out :devsmoke:I take that all the time :xp:

I just hope all the new members we'll get when the game comes out will read the forum rules...
 EAWFAN
02-12-2006, 11:03 PM
i think you guys should include a link in the email activation and put it on the front page so its easy to see i never saw it until i got banned and one of the moderators gave me a link to it
 Jan Gaarni
02-13-2006, 1:35 AM
I believe part of the problems this weekend could have been from when we merged the EPI/EpII forums with EpIII over at the Star Wars boards, creating the Prequels forum.
I'd imagine that taking quite its toll on the server, copying all the threads from one forum to the other.
 Jmaster3265
03-05-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm now experiencing problems. Although i have always experienced problems with typing a message, bold isn't working inserting pics tab etc. Also it takes a looong time for my post to load up.
 Cox_
03-05-2006, 9:08 PM
I believe part of the problems this weekend could have been from when we merged the EPI/EpII forums with EpIII over at the Star Wars boards, creating the Prequels forum.
I'd imagine that taking quite its toll on the server, copying all the threads from one forum to the other.

No unless it overheated the server then no theres no way it was caused by that. And if it overheated the server it would of slowed down functions and processes by 50%.

would of crashed site.... in laymen terms...
 kookaburra
03-06-2006, 5:17 AM
I have been experiencing laggyness and its most annoying.
 lukeiamyourdad
03-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I have experienced nothing so far. Just be a little more patient and remember to click the reply button only once :)
 Jmaster3265
03-06-2006, 7:07 PM
I have experienced nothing so far. Just be a little more patient and remember to click the reply button only once :)

Well, just because you haven't experienced anything doesn't mean it isn't lagging or nothing is wrong silly! :)
 lukeiamyourdad
03-06-2006, 9:35 PM
Actually, it's not a widespread problem since it seems the majority of users are not experiencing problems.
It could also be a temporary hiccup and you're unlucky enough to post at that particular moment.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with LFN itself or this thread would've been swamped already.
 Jmaster3265
03-07-2006, 8:52 PM
Actually, it's not a widespread problem since it seems the majority of users are not experiencing problems.
It could also be a temporary hiccup and you're unlucky enough to post at that particular moment.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with LFN itself or this thread would've been swamped already.

Well you never know, some may just not be speaking up. A few yes and no's here and there prove nothing.
 lukeiamyourdad
03-08-2006, 8:59 PM
Well you never know, some may just not be speaking up. A few yes and no's here and there prove nothing.

Or it might just be a problem on your end. If the server is acting slowly, we should all feel it at some point or another.
If it was truly problematic, we'd have a message from the admins by now.
 Jmaster3265
03-09-2006, 7:18 PM
Or it might just be a problem on your end. If the server is acting slowly, we should all feel it at some point or another.
If it was truly problematic, we'd have a message from the admins by now.
Ok, but did you read my post and my issuies. I'm never said the site is slow or lagging. Just to reply to posts. the font, bold, pic imaging isn't working though. I had to do type it the buttons don't do anything when you click them. Here is a pic. These buttons are what i am talking about...

http://img428.imageshack.us/img428/8343/eawfoums9lv.png)
 lukeiamyourdad
03-10-2006, 6:33 AM
Also it takes a looong time for my post to load up.

:dozey:

And don't use the buttons when you've learned how to type it. Of course, only if you can type quite fast. They seem to work fine for me. I might be a problem with your web browser.
 Commander Obi-Wan
03-10-2006, 12:19 PM
:dozey:

And don't use the buttons when you've learned how to type it. Of course, only if you can type quite fast. They seem to work fine for me. I might be a problem with your web browser.

Yeah, mine is now working fine. Before I had the same problem. But, it should be fine soon. So be patient.
Page: 1 of 1