Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Space Supremacy in Instant Action

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Andrew
02-11-2006, 5:18 PM
In Instant Action, play a large space battle (Mygetto and I believe Kashyyyk) where there are two gunships per side at the beginning of the battle in the Clone Wars Era. Also make the point limit 250 for one player, 500 for two players, etc. The higher points needed to win gives you more time to pull this strategy off.

Play as the Republic, choose the pilot class, and take off with a fully manned gunship. Land it in the CIS cruiser, and once you get back to the Venator (either through death or by choice), take off with another full gunship. Land it in the enemy's cruiser, and if the first gunship you landed is still there, do as you please. With all the combat inside the CIS's cruiser, most enemy pilots won't make it to their ships, especially if you land the gunships just behind the unmanned enemy fighters, like so:

G = Republic Gunship
X = Enemy fighter, bomber, interceptor, or transport
Red arrows show general enemy movement.
The red rectangles at the bottom are the doors that lead to the control room.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a45/DarthAndrew/Anything%20Else/bf2movement.jpg)

Crude, yes? :D With this, very few enemy craft will ever reach space, as most of the enemies run into your boarding party. So, the Republic will have almost complete air superiority. I suppose this could work with the other three sides, but their enemy hangers are much more small, and to me, less impressive. This tactic has worked pretty well so far, but I don't know if it would in online multiplayer since the enemy won't be quite as dumb. ;)
 toue
02-11-2006, 5:46 PM
i've found that fun and useful sometimes when i keep gettin torn apart by fighters but i only ever use one gunship
 Darth Andrew
02-11-2006, 6:01 PM
I find the second gunship as both a second spawn point within the enemy's cruiser, thus allowing for more allies to come, and as a backup in case one is destroyed.
 PoiuyWired
02-12-2006, 3:12 PM
Well, missiles kill gunships fast, so it may not be as good as you think.

Also it only works on GCW era, its almost impossable to pull the trick off against the giant hanger of the CIS.
 Darth Andrew
02-12-2006, 6:43 PM
Hmm. It's worked for me against the Confederacy, but then again, it was against the AI. :D
 toue
02-12-2006, 10:36 PM
same for me and i only play as ai so there's no threat of the ship being kaploied also if you park it near the doors from the hangar the ai will hold off the droids easier
 Solo4114
03-06-2006, 5:08 PM
At least vs. the AI, I don't find the fighters to be much of a threat. I can regularly fly around in a bomber and not die once in the round as long as I'm reasonably cautious.
 Genral O
04-02-2006, 4:03 PM
Cool!I know how to stop the friendly AI from crashing your transport.You have to land then wait a few seconds then take off.After you take off land again.The friendly AI won't take off with the transport.
 TSR
04-03-2006, 4:01 AM
also, if you land on the steps with the gunships, the AI won't know how to get down because the stairs are blocked. and the Gunships wont fly away because they arenet fully on the floor so.... KILLFEST IN THE CONTROL ROOM!
Page: 1 of 1