Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

kotor 2 falling in love

Page: 1 of 1
 Chode
02-10-2006, 4:29 PM
male or female main, how do i make it happen in the game? I can ask my crew if they know what love is, but I am unable to actually fall in love so far.
 Hallucination
02-10-2006, 8:05 PM
It doesn't happen like in KOTOR. The people you can 'fall in love' with are Handmaiden/Visas (male), and Diciple/Atton (female), but nothing really happens. I recommend that you look to Achilles influence guide (I'll try to get a link) for how to do it.

P.S. Welcome to the forums! :D
Edit: Got a link! Click me for info on microwaving cats for fun and profit! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153012)
 Emperor Devon
02-18-2006, 3:05 AM
No matter how high your influence is, there'll never really be a romance. For male characters, Visas will come up to you and confess her love when you leave for Telos. I thought it seemed very hastily introduced, as if the developers had just put it in there for the sake of including a romance. Absolutely nothing leading up to it. As for the Handmaiden, there is no romantic dialogue with her. And for female chracters, it's even worse. Atton will often hit on your PC, but there is absolutely no romance, although in the cut content Atton confesses his love for the player as he dies.
 The Doctor
02-19-2006, 9:34 AM
^ That's not completely true.
For males, there is some romantic dialogue with Handmaiden, but it never leads to anything. And if you think about Visas' thing with "My life for yours.", then the fact that she's in love with you kind of makes sense. Mira... I don't think it's possible to develop a romance there... apparently the Exile is too old for her tastes.
For females, the closest to any romantic dialogue is the stuff between Atton and Disciple over her. They never really say anything to her. Not that I know of, anyway (I've only gone through as a female three times, as opposed to almost 20 as a male).
 JediMaster12
02-23-2006, 2:30 PM
Cut content where Atton dies? Where can I find it? As to the romance, I think it was thrown in for pity's sake. Still the Doctor is right in defing different methods of saying I love you. It's the same around the world. The thing that disturbed me was the Disciple but then Kreia clears this up by telling you that he worships you quietly, if female. So the romance is not totally lost but I think it could have been better.
 Emperor Devon
02-27-2006, 2:35 AM
You can find it in Kotor II->ERFs->Modules->903MAL_dlg and 904MAL_dlg. The file from 903mal is attsion.dlg, and the file from 904mal is 904atton.dlg.
 RedHawke
02-27-2006, 2:39 AM
You can find it in Kotor II->ERFs->Modules->903MAL_dlg and 904MAL_dlg. The file from 903mal is attsion.dlg, and the file from 904mal is 904atton.dlg.
That is for PC, this is a forum for Xbox, so PC instructions are off-topic. ;)
 TiGroundcrawler
03-06-2006, 9:45 AM
Love what do you need love for????

You'v got a lightsaber go kill some thing.
 PazaakPrincess
03-07-2006, 9:39 AM
ROFL - I have to say though bitterly dissapointed by the romance or lack thereof in Kotor II I do prefer my fights and my lightsaber in Kotor ii I could say it makes up for it.
 Canderous_ordo1
05-02-2006, 5:54 AM
id rather have fights any day love is weak there is never anything good about .it give me killing any day if you think about it love can kill so i say throw out the weak so the strong lives
Page: 1 of 1