Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

jet troopers/darktroopers

Page: 1 of 1
 ghost hunter
02-10-2006, 1:02 PM
does anyone have any good stratagies for these guys im trying to be a great jettrooper/darktrooper but need tips

please help
 biny
02-10-2006, 1:05 PM
Don't use your EMPs on Assault Droids and Snipers, or any droids (except Droideka) with low health; use your pistol. Save your EMPs for tougher enemies.

I can't help you with Dark troopers but I'm sure someone can.
 PoiuyWired
02-10-2006, 3:54 PM
I thought the gun has unlimited ammo?
 biny
02-10-2006, 4:19 PM
I meant the Jet Trooper's EMP launcher. The Dark Troopers ARC Caster has unlimited ammo.
 Commander Obi-Wan
02-11-2006, 12:36 AM
When using the Dark Trooper, hold on the fire button when using the arc caster and it will do more damage. Plus the weapon hit multiple enemies.
 _Koffee510
02-11-2006, 8:07 AM
I figured out (might be a bug) that DURING flight with the Darktrooper, you can re-charge your caster (not having it charged before flight, but during the flight you can). Use it to your advantage. You can have a 2/3 charged clip when you land if timed right, and can take out 2 enemies that have been in a firefight.

With Jet Trooper, when i see a group of 5-ish enemies, i fly up and toward them, then (while in air) fire off an EMP round (might want to lead the target a bit) at the biggest clump of them. Then you land, run in circles, roll, and do whatever it takes to stay alive long enough to get back in the air, repeat, and try again. when your down to 1 enemy, just finish him off with the pistol.

Both worked great for me
 PoiuyWired
02-11-2006, 4:22 PM
well, note that you can charge durin airbone, but you can't charge it and then jump, which is a bit annoying.

They should have made it so that you can charge-> jump -> fire.
 angela70478
02-13-2006, 2:21 AM
i ONLY USED THE DARK TROOPER WHILE PAYING AT THE AND OF THE HOTH SYSTEM (RISE OF AN EMPIRE). THEY ARE VERY USEFULL WHEN YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME. THEY COVER I LONG DISTANCE WITH THERE JETS AND AVOID ANY ENEMIES FOR I WHILE.
 zerted
02-13-2006, 11:25 AM
You can double jump as a Dark Trooper. Run and use your jet pack. Turn it off in mid flight, when you are about to hit the floor, turn in on again. You can go really far.
 PoiuyWired
02-13-2006, 4:39 PM
But do you lose your gun charge if you double jump???
 ScoutTrooper95
02-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah. You can only charge if you're on the ground or have the jetpack on.
 g3netx528
02-16-2006, 11:18 PM
when i play as a jet trooper i usally jump dodge fly trick and stuff like that

also i use the pistol mostly beacause it is fast

also get used to quickly changing weapons and throwing nades while reloading

try making some tricks of your own..
 PoiuyWired
02-17-2006, 1:05 PM
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR N00BZ:

If you have the flag, don't you can't jetpack.

I have seen many nubs fall to their death.
 zerted
02-17-2006, 3:32 PM
I never forget that I can't fly with a flag, but I always forget Jedi jumping is a force power. Jedi can only jump once if they have a flag.
 jawathehutt
02-17-2006, 11:08 PM
ya
the jety pistol is great for getting award pistol
 Demonic Spoon
04-05-2006, 6:40 PM
What I do as a dark trooper, which almost guarantees a quick kill:

Shoot them once with the arc caster (in the head makes this easier). QUICKLY, while they are still stunned, pull out your pistol and click the mouse button reaaaaly fast. The stun will stop them from moving out of the way, while your pistol finishes up.
 TSR
04-06-2006, 9:39 AM
you can charge the arc caster in flight, and also throw nades really far if you are flying forwards (dark and Jet trooper). also, try and use them for picking off small groups, not get in a massive firefight i.e naboo central plaza.
 Micahc
04-14-2006, 4:00 PM
There is only one definate role when you fight as anything wtih with a jet pack or a lightsaber: Be a spaztic idiot. When your running around people use your jet pack to dodge by jumping, double jumping, canceling your jump, etc.
 TSR
04-15-2006, 5:06 AM
There is only one definate role when you fight as anything wtih with a jet pack or a lightsaber: Be a spaztic idiot. When your running around people use your jet pack to dodge by jumping, double jumping, canceling your jump, etc.

you dont need a jetpack or 'sabre to act like a spaztic idiot... any old gun will do me fine, or a pointy stick!
 Unit 351
08-04-2006, 1:47 PM
Personally, my best trooper is the dark trooper. Not only are they fast, but they also contain an element of surprise. Plus their weapon is pure power. Playing on Live, I got 65 kills in one life with it
 Arc9
12-26-2006, 12:50 PM
as the dark trooper press the jump button as many times as you can super fast to do a <<super jump>>
Also,do a roll a second maximum after shooting with the arc caster then shoot as soon as the roll is done. It will shoot before it finishes recharging
 Lord Tsukasa
01-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Jet Trooper: In my opinion, he isn't very good, but to make best use of him, use his TDs/Grenades for groups (Mostly you'll want to ambush with this guy, so the thermal detonators are pretty good), his EMP for enemy emplacements and vehicles (And stronger enemies such as Droidekas), and use his Commando Pistol for basic defense. The reason your main weapon is a pistol is because he is made for swift ambushes.

Dark Trooper: In my opinion, he is THE way to go if you are looking to ambush someone. First of all, his jetpack doesn't fly for long, but it has a huge burst of speed for a sudden strike. Not only that, but a weapon that is capable of severe damage to massive amounts of enemies. If you charge it in the air, while ambushing a group, it will do amazing. He also carries Thermal Detonators to take care of tight situations.
 car362
04-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Jet trooper:I would say the jet trooper isn't that good but if you reallly want to be him here is some tips. A lot of people say that EMP should only be used for Droidekas,vehicles ect. but sometime you can get lots of kills by using it on other enemies (Highest I got without dying was 23 on ROTE)

Dark Trooper: IMO dark trooper is way better because of the Electric Gun he has. A good technique is to keep shooting with the Electric Gun untill you run out of ammo. Fly behind some cover and reload. Repeat untill you are out of ammo fly to a Ammo droid or pick up some health and repeat the process again.

I hope this helped.
 RC-1207
04-09-2007, 1:39 PM
Jet Trooper: Get the award pistol. Then fly up to somewhere high, land, and snipe with it, or just snipe during flight. Watch the ownage.

Dark Trooper: You can use the above strategy, or simply use the Arc Caster in guerilla tactics against the enemy.

Another thing that could help is recruiting another Jet/Dark trooper to help you.
Page: 1 of 1