Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Psychonauts UK - Its here!

Page: 1 of 1
 bgbennyboy
02-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Today Psychonauts was supposed to be finally released. It does look like its available. Play (http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=PC&title=734734&pa=rnr) Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000BKT27G/qid=1139585133/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/026-5952593-6506832) and Game (http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10335&mid=327537) all have it.

I'm not sure if its actually in the shops yet, anyone seen it?
 Huz
02-10-2006, 12:16 PM
It exists! Buy buy buy!
 Smon
02-10-2006, 1:42 PM
Finally!

...wait... something about that means something... else...
 90SK
02-10-2006, 1:53 PM
Well, it's about time. Congratulations, UK residents.

Edit: Yeah, I just talked with a friend I have who lives in the UK area. He's just ordered it. It's a shame that the wait was so lengthy, but at least it's out now. Has anyone picked it up yet? Does it have anything extra, that they may have added during the extra time? I'm guessing not, but still.
 counting_pine
02-10-2006, 9:05 PM
I've ordered it today from play.com
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but after all this time, through several revisions of the release date, all the sense of excitement and anticipation has left me.
Hopefully it will return when the game arrives.
 Smon
02-11-2006, 4:04 AM
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but after all this time, through several revisions of the release date, all the sense of excitement and anticipation has left me.
It should, this truly is a most excellent game.
 t0nedude
02-11-2006, 3:50 PM
O.m.f.g. has Psychonauts just come out in the UK now? Err, how long has it been out?
I come from the UK and got the game on import from the states about 4 years ago. The same thing happened with Freedom Force, I could have had three kids, had four divorces, wrote two symphonies, before FF turned up on our shores. Then the publisher wonder why no one buys it, when it does; anyone worth their salt would have got it on import.

I rarely buy games I really want here anymore, due to this language localisation bullsh1t.

Case closed and rant over.

Tony.

NB. Having said that and feeling much better now thank you everyone ;) I have just ordered the UK DVD version, (Yes a second copy) as it will be more convenient than the USA CD version. I may have a temper on me but if a games good I do support it.
 counting_pine
02-11-2006, 4:26 PM
anyone worth their salt would have got it on import.I suspect that's what I'd have done, but my graphics card doesn't have the necessary features for the PC version, so I need the PS2 one, and I have to patiently wait for the PAL version to be released.
 t0nedude
02-11-2006, 6:11 PM
I suspect that's what I'd have done, but my graphics card doesn't have the necessary features for the PC version, so I need the PS2 one, and I have to patiently wait for the PAL version to be released.

Well obviously my statement comes with a provision that as you mention, on PC the game needs a reasonably good rig to make the most of it. If you haven't got that then the PS2 is a better bet, importing on PC is a breeze, unlike PS2 due to the NTSC/PAL issue. Don't even get me started on the issue of importing console games, at least NTSC/PAL issues need not concern a PC gamer ;)

Tony.
 Megan
02-11-2006, 9:05 PM

I have that happen all the time. Trust me.
I'm so happy that it's finally being released in the UK! And I've never even been there..
 DarthAve
02-11-2006, 9:09 PM
OMG, it's out? Sweet, my English bretherine can now see the magic of Psychonauts. Not long 'till the Pope can get a copy.

Pope: Wow, this game is freggin' sweet! It must be blessed!
 Smon
02-11-2006, 11:09 PM
OMG, it's out? Sweet, my English bretherine can now see the magic of Psychonauts. Not long 'till the Pope can get a copy.

Pope: Wow, this game is freggin' sweet! It must be blessed!
Can't wait until North Pole edition.

Then Santa can enjoy it.
 madonessay
02-12-2006, 5:02 AM
It's out in Europe? Does that mean Australia? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 Mashi An'krekku
02-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I don't remember Austrailia being in Europe. Ever.
But look at the latest news at Double Fine dot com: There's some Austrailian guy who has it! And a small jar of vegemite! O:
 madonessay
02-13-2006, 5:52 AM
Australia ISN'T part of Europe? Oh dear..... where exactly DO I live then?

Thanks for the... well, not link... the reference to the site. yup. I saw the picture! Yoy! Off to EB Games for my snazzy new copy! and then i'll just have to make some time to actually play the game. Stupid last year of High School.
Page: 1 of 1