Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Confusion on three things

Page: 1 of 1
 HerbieZ
02-08-2006, 9:07 AM
Hi i have played Kotor 2 about 7 times now and each time i have found something new out about things, this time i found out that i don't have to kill the Serrocco! However, there are three things that confuse me still. These may be due to cut content in the game but id appreaciate someone elses comments.

1: What was the purpose of that HK droid in the old Ithorian Research Facility that explodes after about 4 steps when you re activate it?

2. Why did that Twi'Lek in the Pazaak den want to play Pazaak with Bao'Dur?

3. What happens to that man who says that he owns the Ebon Hawk? I think i have been through every conversation response with him and i heared he shows you the location of a new Cargo compartment that you can access after Nar Shaddaa.
 Bob Lion54
02-08-2006, 10:18 AM
1: What was the purpose of that HK droid in the old Ithorian Research Facility that explodes after about 4 steps when you re activate it?
Not sure, but I believe it had to do with cut content. If I recall, there was supposed to be a sublevel you could access with more droids.

3. What happens to that man who says that he owns the Ebon Hawk? I think i have been through every conversation response with him and i heared he shows you the location of a new Cargo compartment that you can access after Nar Shaddaa.
The hidden compartment is supposed to show up after you speak with him, but theres a bug and it dosn't appear. tk102 made a fix for this. I thought it was on pcgamemods, but its not. Someone should have the link.

I have no idea about your second question. (Its been a while since I played.)
 Char Ell
02-08-2006, 10:21 AM
My 2 pennies...

1) I don't really know but I'm guessing maybe it had something to do with access to something droid-related, probably cut content. IIRC the droid blows itself up in front of an inaccessible door. Maybe it was originally intended to open that door when it blew up.

2) She thought Bao-Dur was hot! :animelol: Of course she thought The Champ was hot too so that isn't saying much for her standards... :D

3) I seem to remember that when you run into the guy that claims the Ebon Hawk was stolen from him, one of the PC's dialog options asks him prove it. That's when he tells you about the hidden compartment in the starboard dormitory. I'm assuming this triggers the script that makes the hidden compartment available to you the next time you board the Ebon Hawk.
 Meatbag
02-08-2006, 11:15 AM
One of the Red Eclipse peeps mentions killing the guy who said the Hawk was his. Under the facility on Telos was the HK factory.
 HerbieZ
02-08-2006, 1:02 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I did try that conversation response where he reaveals the hatch in the starboard cabin but it didnt unlock anything. Also, Vaguely i remember there was a lab station in the medical room on the ebon hawk for the tutorial then it disappeared for the rest of the game. I wonder why they did that.
 CountVerilucus
02-08-2006, 8:31 PM
One of the Red Eclipse peeps mentions killing the guy who said the Hawk was his. Under the facility on Telos was the HK factory.

There really is a HK factory in the game, i thought this was cut content. it was mentioned buy i never found it.
 The Doctor
02-08-2006, 9:13 PM
Was it? I thought the factory was on the droid planet... it makes sense, after all...
 Char Ell
02-08-2006, 11:01 PM
I did try that conversation response where he reaveals the hatch in the starboard cabin but it didnt unlock anything. Hmmm... I've never had a problem with not being able to access the starboard cabin's hidden compartment after talking to the "former" Ebon Hawk owner on Nar Shadaa.

Have you patched your TSL installation with the 1.0b patch linky (http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/kotor2.htm)

I found references to a hidden compartment fix by tk102 in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150097&highlight=tk102+hidden+compartment) but I can't seem to locate such a fix on the forums here or on pcgamemods.com
 RedHawke
02-09-2006, 12:56 AM
I found references to a hidden compartment fix by tk102 in this thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150097&highlight=tk102+hidden+compartment) but I can't seem to locate such a fix on the forums here or on pcgamemods.com
Hai Wan, do you mean this? Clicky! :D (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=148218)

It is an attachment to that post so it is only available there. To find it you need to search Holowan Labs for 'secret compartment'. ;)
 Char Ell
02-09-2006, 1:05 AM
^^^
Yep. That looks to be the one.

It sure is great to have someone around that knows how to effectively search. ;) My "hidden compartment" search didn't turn up any results. Thanks, RedHawke!

*** heads back to Search 101 ***
 RedHawke
02-09-2006, 1:45 AM
^^^^
Youre welcome! :D
 HerbieZ
02-09-2006, 7:21 AM
Oooooh Excellente'!
Page: 1 of 1