Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yet Another Exile Item Pack

Page: 1 of 1
 ABCoLD
02-06-2006, 12:48 PM
"Yet Another Exile Item Pack v.8.1" by Jake Torrin (aka ABCoLD)

Special Note: Am having trouble posting to pcgamemods.com, so I'm using my own site. Please either post or send me an e-mail telling me what you think. This is my first mod and I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What this Mod does:
Adds two new items to the locker in your room on the Harbinger near the start of the game. Like many other modders I agree that it seems silly that after being a General in the Mandalorian wars and a Jedi Knight for all this time, all you would have brought with you is an armband that gives you a +1 to Con. The two items are a new lightsaber crystal and a set of unique robes. Neither is overpowering and in fact you'll probably find replacements for the robes before the end of the game. Personally, I prefer to continually find new and more powerful items. I'd find it somewhat boring if from the Harbinger on I was using the same set of equipment. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mod: http://home.mchsi.com/~ll6869/yaeip.zip)

Screens:
http://home.mchsi.com/~ll6869/Screen1.JPG)
http://home.mchsi.com/~ll6869/Screen2.JPG)
http://home.mchsi.com/~ll6869/Screen3.JPG)
http://home.mchsi.com/~ll6869/Screen4.JPG)
http://home.mchsi.com/~ll6869/Screen5.JPG)

Items added to the game:
<FullName>'s Robes:
Defense Bonus 3, All Saves +1, +2 Awareness, +2 Stealth, Charisma +4

Tear of Malachor:
+1 Wisdom

3 lightsaber variants:
These are not given to the player by the mod, but are used when the Tear of Malachor is installed in a lightsaber.

Compatability Issues:
There shouldn't be any, thanks to TSL Patcher. I wouldn't try installing the Tear of Malachor into a custom hilt. More than likely it would go bye bye and you'd have a Tear of Malachored standard saber.

I am not sure how this mod will work with USM.
This mod does not utilize svosh's collar fix.

Uninstallation:
Remove the added files.

Files Added:
ia_JediRobe_074.tga
iw_SbrCrstl_084.tga
jtf_l_colo_01.uti
jtf_robe_01.uti
jtf_w_dblsbr001.uti
jtf_w_lghtsbr01.uti
jtf_w_shortsbr01.uti
k_pcroomfordlg.ncs
PFBI74.tga
PMBI74.tga
-upcrystals.2da is modified

Thanks to:
Achilles
-Achilles rules! :) A big help with tutorials and general advice and fielding a few questions.
Darth333
-This person knows how to script. I borrowed one of her publically posted scripts to modify k_pcroomfordlg.nss Much thanks
Redhawke
-Who has no idea who I am but who most certainly inspired me by creating a mod that I for one thought had some truly outrageous items in it. This fellow inspired me to start modding. And to be fairly honest, what he touches, he owns. This man is a mod master if there ever was one.
team-gizka.org
-If for nothing else than giving us all hope for a better, brighter Kotor II.
Fred Tetra
-We all know why, and we all love him for it. (Now I’ll find out I’ve been spelling his name wrong all this time.)

Requests:
If anyone wants to tinker with the Exile Robes skin, feel free to send it to me. If someone does do some work for making them svosh compatible, they'll be included and given credit. (and bump this mod up to v.9)
If someone can help me make custom saber colors, I'd be very happy. I remember there was a very nice looking Navy saber running around that would be perfect for the Tear of Malachor. (and bump this mod up to v1). ;)

Edit:
Corrected major and obvious problem Darth333 noticed.
 Darth333
02-06-2006, 1:48 PM
Welcome to the world of modding :D

I had a quick look at the files (didn't tried the mod because I don't have the game with me) and there' s no k_pcroomfordlg.ncs, just a k_pcroomfordlg.nss which will have no effect on the game. You need to compile your scripts first ;)
 ABCoLD
02-06-2006, 3:06 PM
Welcome to the world of modding :D

I had a quick look at the files (didn't tried the mod because I don't have the game with me) and there' s no k_pcroomfordlg.ncs, just a k_pcroomfordlg.nss which will have no effect on the game. You need to compile your scripts first ;)

Well of course! After all that was only the hard part of making the mod. (Aside from skinning, which is an entirely different ball of wax.)

So obviously after I put the mod together, got it to work, I transferred everything including my source folder to the tslpatcher and somehow threw away my compiled script thinking it was an old source script. :)

Things have now been re-uploaded and triple checked, so, until I hit the next landmine...

On a side note Darth333, the Spawning Items, Placeables and Creatures script you posted on proximity putting things in containers was fantastic! Really made this terribly easy... Except for the six hours or so I tried to figure out how to get it to work. ;) I never could get your vector bit of code to work so I just used the standard. Otherwise, all you. :)
 The Eyes
02-26-2006, 2:19 PM
This mod wins.

Seriously, the tear of malachor is now my favorite color crystal in the game, and the camo robes look snazy.
 ABCoLD
02-27-2006, 8:36 AM
Thanks for the compliment man. :) In the next couple of days (if I can pull myself away from MtGo) I'm going to be putting out a booster pack of two more similar color crystals. I'm thinking in Green and Silver and maybe Viridian.
 Ghost Down
02-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Hmm..Nice, but how about making the robe compatible with svцsh's robe collar fix ?

- Dream Evil :vamp1:
 ABCoLD
02-27-2006, 12:38 PM
Hmm..Nice, but how about making the robe compatible with svцsh's robe collar fix ?

- Dream Evil :vamp1:
As it stands, I can appreciate svцsh's work and such with robes, but I don't use it, and I don't see a point to it. But I will give him/her mucho props for actually doing such a massive mod.

And if someone else wants to go ahead and make the mod compatible, I will completely support it and release both types with full credit to the person who works on the compatability. But personally, I have three or four other ideas kicking around I'd rather do first.
Page: 1 of 1