Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Converting Classic X-Wing Missions to Alliance missions

Page: 1 of 1
 JSuire81
08-01-2001, 4:46 AM
This question may have been answered a long time ago, but I was wondering if there are any programs (preferably free, I'm a starving college student...) that convert old X-Wing and TIE Fighter missions for play in X-Wing: Alliance or if anyone has gone through and converted them themselves? If so, is there any place I could download these from? Thanks!

John
 Matt_da_wolf
08-13-2001, 7:22 PM
I really don't know, but you've got me wondering... why would anyone want to? X-wing came out in `93... Alliance in `99. The graphics have considerably improved. I don't know how that'd be done... I do have all the X-wing series games except for XVT and I'd just stick to them. I also have the ORIGINAL version of X-wing but I lost the stupid book with the codes, so that set me back like 5 years until I got a new computer.
 Gugeyewalker
08-16-2001, 10:26 PM
Someone has tried to do it already, first with the original X-wing and then with Tie fighter. They were using the mission editor AlliEd, very good and highly recommended, but I cannot remember the URL. The PROBLEM is that LEC told the person who was converting Tie Fighter to stop. Apparantly such a project would interfere with their sales of XWlegacy, why buy that when you can dload the original xwing missions online etc...
In other words, you will have to make completley original missions or levels.
 BrianJedi
08-17-2001, 7:20 PM
You mean X-Wing Trilogy? X-Wing Legacy is a website.

------------------
At this point I have a request for our fans, if any of you in any way hate homosexuals, people of differant color, or women, please do this one favor for us - leave us the f*ck alone! Don't come to our shows and don't buy our records. - Kurt Cobain
Page: 1 of 1