Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Patch 1.04 Suspicious Behaviour

Page: 1 of 1
 bigbond007
02-04-2006, 11:04 AM
I updated my game to V1.04 ..
Now the style with which the model turns on its lightsabar is different in multiplayer and campaign ... it turns it on simply in multi while in campaign it turns it on while moving his hand dramatically

Secondly i noticed a huge difference in the glowing quality of the light sabars in the multiplayer ... After i install the patch the sabars start glowing more but that suddenly disappears after some time .. and then it may permanently go .. whereas even when the patch is installed the quality of the glow in singleplayer remains the same as it was witout a patch ..

SUMMARY: After the patch multiplayer glow imrpoves , the improvement disappears and the quality becomes like singleplayer glow quality after the game has been played sometime .. Whereas in singleplayer , there wasnt any change in the glow even after updating the game ..

for further understanding here r two shots:

MULTIPLAYER SCREEN ( RIGHT AFTER PATCH WAS INSTALLED ) :
http://freewebs.com/rehansites2/highglow.jpg)

SINGLEPLAYER SCREEN ( RIGHT AFTER PATCH WAS INSTALLED .. remains the same old ) :
http://freewebs.com/rehansites2/lowglow.jpg)

And one last thing , THE BOTS HAVE BECAME REALLY STUPID .. THEY KEEP ON RUNNING AWAY FROM ME IN MULTI ...

Now .. what the hell is happening around here and what is supposed to happen ... ??
 Zappa_0
02-04-2006, 1:10 PM
And one last thing , THE BOTS HAVE BECAME REALLY STUPID .. THEY KEEP ON RUNNING AWAY FROM ME IN MULTI ...

Maybe they are just afraid of your great skill? :twogun:
 bigbond007
02-04-2006, 1:55 PM
GHE!! I never knew i was so good in jedi knight
 acdcfanbill
02-05-2006, 1:56 PM
Firstly, the animations for SP and MP are different in some respects, which is why they look different turning on and off the sabers. As for the changes in glow, I dont recall if that was one of the changes made by the patch or not, however I'm not overly clear on what you mean anyway, so I guess I'll leave that one alone.
 shukrallah
02-05-2006, 10:08 PM
I think different saber colors effect the glows....
 larry 141094
11-30-2006, 5:27 AM
you havent thought of changing the video lighting in game options?
i got this same prb when i downloaded the patch
 Kurgan
12-09-2006, 1:59 AM
Well, the bots in Jedi Outcast aren't quite so stupid as the ones in Jedi Academy (before OJP mod, which greatly improves them), but still...

The AI in single player is different than MP bots. The AI in SP don't have to run around collecting weapons. They are designed to just stand around forever until you come along, fight you, get killed (often drop ammo, key, or other pickup) and then never come back.

In MP they are respawning, collecting gear, and running around endlessly through the map, and also trying to complete objectives, work on a team, etc. That's a lot more complex and difficult to do properly.

Yes, you can load the MP maps in SP mode with cheats on and just spawn AI enemies to fight, if you just want to saber duel and such. But it won't be the same. Each to his own...

And yes, the SP animations are different, the moves are different, the weapon and force power behaviors are very different. The goals of SP and MP are different. Think of them as two seperate games.

Getting used to MP after playing nothing but SP will take some getting used to. At first you'll probably not like the lack of eye candy in the force powers for example. You'll miss certain moves. But I think if you give it a chance you'll grow to like it. It can be quite fun!

Check out Strategic Academy (link in my signature) that will give you some information and tips on MP in JK2 ("Outcast Strategy") and JA ("Strategic Academy").
Page: 1 of 1