Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editor problem.

Page: 1 of 1
 Matt_da_wolf
08-13-2001, 7:02 PM
Hi. I am currently making my own campaign series that takes place right after the Battle of Endor. I am using New Horizons X-Wing Alliance editor which I like very much, although I am having some problems with it. For example:

1. My radio communication between myself and my wingmen won't work. I keep setting the radio to "Player 1" and the "Rebel" team to see if it makes a difference. It doesn't.

2. I can't number the ships in my group. The checkbox field is grayed out completely and won't let me select the option.

Those are my two main problems. I've tried downloading other editors... Allied1S.zip for example, but it crashes on my system. x.x If anyone can offer assistance, please e-mail me. I could really use the help. Thanks.
 Matt_da_wolf
08-13-2001, 7:08 PM
Also, I've heard really good things about Troy Dangerfields editor. That WOULD be my first choice, but it gets all the WIN32 API function failing errors and eventually crashes... that's with version .35. The updated $10 version will crash before it even starts so I am sadly forced to use New Horizons which I don't think is all that bad, but could be better. I am running Windows 98 Second Edition and it did the same thing before I overhauled my comp when I had Windows 95... I will thank the man who sends me a version of Allied that doesn't crash on my system, however I don't have high hopes that it will happen. Thanks.

~Matt da wolf
 Matt_da_wolf
08-13-2001, 7:18 PM
If anyone would like to see probably the best mission I've made so far in my campaign, the URL is:
http://members.tripod.com/~Fox_McCloud_2/1B8M2W.tie)

It's a little raid mission I've done. The briefing is in shambles because I'm not the best person to do that. As long as it works, I'm happy for now and the briefings can be delayed until later. If you are kind enough to try it, please tell me of any errors. I think after about 30 times of testing, I weeded all the errors out. I just thought I'd offer something to everyone (90% of you are probably all far more experienced than me). I hope you have fun with it. I made it in New Horizons.

I do have ICQ, the # is in my details. Feel free to add me to your contact list. Thanks.

~Matt da wolf
Page: 1 of 1