Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR 3 Storyline

Page: 1 of 1
 Spartanghost220
02-03-2006, 8:57 PM
Alot of people have had ideas for KOTOR 3 storyline so I wondered who likes what idea. Feel free to add a idea of a story that I could add to the poll if it doesnt sound bad
 arvik
02-03-2006, 9:06 PM
I really think it should be just like Kotor2 is to Kotor.
 Hallucination
02-03-2006, 9:22 PM
Story set with New Character who meets up with Revan and the Exile to fight the true sith: No thanks, I'd rather have Revan and the Exile mentioned and not met.
Story set before the Mandolorian Wars that goes through it.: Although I really want to find out about the Mandalorians Wars, I want KOTOR 3, not KOTOR 0.5.
Story set apart from both KOTOR 1 and 2 and has nothing to do with both: I want to see the current storyline completed, please and thank you.

@Spartan:
1)I don't think you can change a poll without being a mod.
2)You gave the option to vote for all three things.
 Spartanghost220
02-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Story set with New Character who meets up with Revan and the Exile to fight the true sith: No thanks, I'd rather have Revan and the Exile mentioned and not met.
Story set before the Mandolorian Wars that goes through it.: Although I really want to find out about the Mandalorians Wars, I want KOTOR 3, not KOTOR 0.5.
Story set apart from both KOTOR 1 and 2 and has nothing to do with both: I want to see the current storyline completed, please and thank you.

@Spartan:
1)I don't think you can change a poll without being a mod.
2)You gave the option to vote for all three things.

well i didnt know i could add something thats kinda wierd.
I sould have put to mention them but not fight with them too.
I been wanting to have one game to do something with the Mandolorian Wars since you hear how crazy it was in both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 I think it would be fun to be on the mandolorian side invading a planet

Not to forget also some want something totally different while others still want a good story ending
 JediMaster12
02-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Story with a new character that meets with Revan and fights the True Sith. It has to be finished. I don't know about anyone else but I can't be left hanging 12 ft in the air and not knowing what happened to Revan and the Exile.
 RobQel-Droma
02-04-2006, 1:41 AM
You didn't give enough options. :) I didn't want any of those; probably the closest to what I would like would be the first, but I don't really care for the "meet Revan and fight True Sith" idea.
 igyman
02-04-2006, 12:45 PM
How come there are no options for those who want another storyline with Revan or the Exile as the main characters?
 RobQel-Droma
02-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Because you people are just wierdos. :D C'mon, you know you really are.

Probably Spartanghost just doesn't consider that a possiblity, igyman.
 igyman
02-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I get that, but I want to know why doesn't he consider it a possibility?
 JediMaster12
02-05-2006, 1:56 PM
How can you think of everything when you have a gazillon ideas flowing through your brain and being shot with ideas by everyone else? Still I just would just like to finisht the story.
 Darca Lar
02-05-2006, 2:41 PM
there wasnt enough choices, but of the three either the first or second...but my own choice would probably be somewhere linked to etiher revan and/or the exile but dont meet them and is after the exile destroys kreia.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-05-2006, 4:51 PM
Yes, I admit that I am a weirdo and I couldn't care less.

P.S. Why doesn't he consider it a possibility?
 Sith_Reven
02-05-2006, 9:51 PM
truth is I don't really like any of the options but going through the mandolorian wars as Revan would be my choice even though it would offer no closure to the series.
 Alkonium
02-05-2006, 9:56 PM
None of the above. I want to go back and play as Revan again, and put an end to the Sith for the next two thousand years, and then when I finish, I got and get Bastila pregnant, but that's a different story.
 Spartanghost220
02-05-2006, 11:04 PM
None of the above. I want to go back and play as Revan again, and put an end to the Sith for the next two thousand years, and then when I finish, I got and get Bastila pregnant, but that's a different story.

I would like say sorry didnt know I couldnt change the polls once a made them so this was a bad idea but hey I was just wondering who liked what and I guess it did its job good so far
 RobQel-Droma
02-06-2006, 6:15 PM
Yes, I admit that I am a weirdo and I couldn't care less.

P.S. Why doesn't he consider it a possibility?

Now that is an attitude I like (I couldn't care less...). :)

But as for not considering it, I don't know if that is the case - I just thought that might be part of it. And he might just be a new PC fan.
 Dark$eth
02-06-2006, 9:36 PM
I think they're all bad ideas. I don't want the story to end, so it'll keep going on like Final Fantasy. That's my idea, just so's it's out there. :)
 Spartanghost220
02-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I think they're all bad ideas. I don't want the story to end, so it'll keep going on like Final Fantasy. That's my idea, just so's it's out there. :)

I belelive most can agree we want something finishing or contuining the current story and doing something with the true sith. they proablly end doing like they did with KOTOR 2
 Timberwolf 21
02-07-2006, 5:56 PM
yes continuing story for sure
 JediMaster12
02-07-2006, 9:38 PM
Yes I say finish Revan's tale and the series is Knights of the Old Republic so it could be an ongoing thing til the time of the movies.
 Beast-Thrasher
02-07-2006, 11:46 PM
I think it would be a nice if they had the storyline a bit different in the terms of the Jedi are always in a struggle, there almost done for and you are one of the last hopes. Instead, perhaps on selecting the alignment of Revan and the Exile, it's say 10-14 years later and the Jedi order is rebuilt, there are some small pockets of resistance and Sith but they are not the threat they once were. The Jedi order is basically back in town in the Rebuplic and no one can really threaten them at this point to drastically, but to a certain few, it's still not enough they know about the war on another front and they know it's coming soon. Your character already know about there past there hopefully will be no memory gaps in this game cause one was good, two suited it but three? C'mon! You say go out and hear of Revan on your travels while speaking to Masters and other folks while visiting different planets, then you go out to find him, discover the "True Sith" find Revan and the Exile go back to know space and prepare for the invasion, be on the defensive on a few planets and I would like one were the bad guys have a small vicotry and over run a position only to have you...Yes you over there come back and reclaim it. Following that you go on the offensive and Revan and the Exile along with a few others take you to "True Sith" space or what not to unraval a mystery of some sorts and try and put an end to a plague of the galaxy of at the end when all hope seems to prevail...Betrayal!...And you become the ultimate Ruler of the Galaxy with your "True Sith" Minions. MUAHHA.
Those examples say being the light side and dark side endings. So ya thats what I came up with...
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 12:45 AM

Yeah I'm a wierdo and you want to know why? It's because I study rituals of death as a possible specialty :D

Kidding aside I think that Revan's tale should at least be finished. It's rather a neat experience to speculate at what's to come. Still I'm all for a new PC and somehow finds out something about Revan and the Exile. Also throw in a few baddies and the True Sith and I'd be happy.
 Buzz1978
02-08-2006, 3:33 AM
I really didn't like what TSL made of the story of Kotor, it's just too dark for me. And going to the unknown regions to fight the true sith? What fun is that? TSL made one thing clear: The unknown regions are a place for *real* badasses only, so the PC could not get there until the very end of the game and then there would be too many similarities to TSL. And should a newcomer go there and steal the show?

With TSL it's difficult to make a real sequel, because the story would have to be dominated by the story of Revan and the Exile and not the story of the PC himself/herself.

When I last played TSL, I thought why not begin Kotor3 as one of the children of this woman on Onderon whos desperate to get off planet? The way how the exile treats the woman would teach the kid his/her first LS/DS lesson. Later he/she could be "discovered" by a Jedi, maybe Yuthura Ban, (my favorite NPC in a secondary role in Kotor). The first chapter would have to be quite short, because it might not be politcal correct for a kid to fight and fighting is an important part of an RPG, but I really like the idea of being a Jedi the regular way and that is starting as a kid. Later as a teenager, the action could start with smaller tasks on different planets - anyone except me desperate to see Corruscant in Kotor3? HQ could either be the rebuilt Jedi enclave on Dantooine or the newly built enclave on Telos.

I don't have to many ideas or prejudices regarding the main plot, but I'd like it to be a bit "cut down". This whole "end of the Force and the Jedi"-thing was just too much for me. Malak and his fleet were big enough, so please Lucas, Obsidian or whatever don't try to beat that!

And I want the cheerful atmosphere back! Like: "I can get the same attention from a blaster!", "Ok, let me just get one."
 igyman
02-08-2006, 3:47 AM
Yuthura was a Sith and she is dead.
 Buzz1978
02-08-2006, 4:32 AM
Yuthura was a Sith and she is dead.

Then you didn't speak with her about her past. I suggest visit Korriban at least as second planet, speak and side with her an then visit Dantooine again...
 igyman
02-08-2006, 5:14 AM
Then you didn't speak with her about her past. I suggest visit Korriban at least as second planet, speak and side with her an then visit Dantooine again...

I stand corrected. But, could you tell me what happens on Dantooine after that? I tried this in a save where I visited Korriban last, so Dantooine is destroyed. I've never visited Korriban first, or second, always last.
 Buzz1978
02-08-2006, 5:50 AM
I stand corrected. But, could you tell me what happens on Dantooine after that? I tried this in a save where I visited Korriban last, so Dantooine is destroyed. I've never visited Korriban first, or second, always last.

Nothing to exciting, but a longer chat with her, how she met her old Jedi Master and found peace with herself at last... I like her, because she takes a critical look at herself but doesn't give the impression as if she would fall apart any second, like Carth or Juhani.

I don't really count on seeing her again in Kotor3, because there was the choice to kill her or not and since she was no main character... But since the "official" Revan is lightsided and frequently enough characters appear again who are believed to be dead, it wouldn't be completely out of question to make her the PC's master. I'd like that. Gives some quest-potential for the young and wild teenager-padawan on (IIRC) sleyheron...
 igyman
02-08-2006, 5:53 AM
Especially since siding with Uthar was already excluded as an option in TSL (According to Kreia's recent history of Naga Sadow's tomb Revan defeated Uthar there, no mention of him killing Yuthura too, though).
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 11:22 AM
That is true and could just be an openended possiblity. They are numerous at least following TSL.
 The Source
02-08-2006, 4:49 PM
Story set apart from both KOTOR 1 and 2 and has nothing to do with both. I like this idea, but it will most likely not be the case. I think they will try to finish up the Revan and Exile story.
***Yawn***
 igyman
02-08-2006, 4:53 PM
***Yawn***

I can't believe you wrote that. Why wouldn't you like to know how their story ended?

The idea you like is good, but for KoTOR 4 (of which I speak all too prematurely).
 The Source
02-08-2006, 5:02 PM
I can't believe you wrote that. Why wouldn't you like to know how their story ended?

The idea you like is good, but for KoTOR 4 (of which I speak all too prematurely).
Because Revan's and Exile's storys are about the PC, and any story that is created will not involve what the PC believes how it should end.

When I played as Revan and Exile, I was playing to develop my own story. My choice in lighsaber, clothes, alignment, and such was a self preference. The whole idea of 'Player Characters' is to make your own story based upon the limitations of the world you play in. When someone else rewrites the story you make, the fun is taken out of the game. Otherwords, I would not have control over Revan's and Exile's fate.

I hope that made scense.
 igyman
02-08-2006, 5:08 PM
It made some sense, but I still don't agree with the ''new PC for the third part'' idea.
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 5:16 PM
Unless you mean that the new PC is in a new storyline. As for finishing the Revan/Exile story, I say use a new PC just one that probably knew them both or is one of the Lost Jedi like the fool Atton.
 The Source
02-08-2006, 5:20 PM
It made some sense, but I still don't agree with the ''new PC for the third part'' idea.

Revan and Exile are 'Player Characters' that are becoming 'Non-Player Characters'. When you play as Revan and Exile, you got to choose their path, alignment, lightsabers, crystals, equipment, and how they interact with the world.

When Revan and Exile are turned into 'Non-Player Characters', they wil cease to be your customly created 'Player Character'. Otherwords, you will have no control over their fates.

Any story that the games companies come up with will be definitive. Your personal verson of Revan and Exile will cease to exist. Someone else will write the ending to both characters, and you will not have any say.

If they created a whole new story and PC, they will not disapoint players. Players could create their own version of both of their fates.
 igyman
02-08-2006, 6:03 PM
True, but that's why I'm saying: make a good excuse for bringing back Revan and give us control of his/her fate.
 The Source
02-08-2006, 6:12 PM
True, but that's why I'm saying: make a good excuse for bringing back Revan and give us control of his/her fate.
The best way to appraoch a Revan and Exile PC game would be to start the game as Exile. As the Exile searches for clues to the whereabouts of Revan, he/she will pick up other companions for the quest. After you find Revan (Free him/her from a trap, etc...), they will both head torwards their final destiney. This will create an infinate number of possibilities.

As long as we have control over Revan and Exile, then I can see a KotOR 3 based upon both characters. If you are not Revan or the Exile, I would prefer a new story and PC, while leaving Revan's and Exile's fate undetermined.
 Garth8422
02-08-2006, 7:19 PM
I think it should obviously be about the " Quest to find Revan".

Totally new worlds in the Outer Rim.

New force powers discovered on the Quest, like the one where U move rocks and stuff. (Force Levitate?)

T3 and HK would have to be in it also.
 The_Mandalore
02-08-2006, 9:05 PM
I have been praying for KOTOR:The Mandalorian Wars. To be able to actually witness Revan and Malak (and exile) leave the Jedi to go fight on the outer rim and you follow them would be an awesome experience indeed. Lucasarts would of course have to map large battlefield with over 100 enemies and allies. But look at the possibilities! An expansion to be able to fight as a Mandalorian! A Basilisk War Droid flying mini-game! The list is endless!
Not to mention that after the wars we would be able to see Revan and Malak's fall.
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 9:47 PM
I see my bloodthirsty friend (just kidding :D). Still we already know that Revan and Malak fall. Do we really need to see it?
 The_Mandalore
02-08-2006, 9:51 PM
I see my bloodthirsty friend (just kidding :D). Still we already know that Revan and Malak fall. Do we really need to see it?
You got that right! :twogun:
I guess seeing them fall would not be the "twist" people are looking for but it would provide the hardcore KOTOR players some nostalgiaesque gameplay moments in which they can see their heroes in action. Can you honestly tell me you have never imagined how awesome it would look to see Revan fighting off the Mandalorian hordes like a madman? Well, maybe thats just me then. :D
 JediMaster12
02-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I guess it is you The_Mandalore. I'm not that bloodthirsty. I may study military history and studied war but that doesn't make me exactly anxious to see a battle. I guess I still have the more human side and not a Mandalorian :D
It probably wouldn't be bad to see it in falshes. In TSL I kind of wanted to see flashes of the Mandalorian wars when the Exile touched down on Duxn. It kind of goes with LOTOR and Revan's memory flashes.
 eye_of_osiris02
02-19-2006, 1:53 AM
This may sound lame but I'd like my character to start off as a young padawan learning the ways of the Force at the Jedi Temple on Corsucant. Along the way you could can converse with fellow students. I'd like the story to progressed like it did in "Fable". You start off as a kid, maybe do a few missions around the temple to get to know your surroundings and eventually there will be a time shift were your character will become a teen, then maybe you can start a romance plot (that's a must!) with one of the students or something. Do some more missions, time skip, adult Jedi. As for the underlying plot to the story you got me there. Whether KOTOR3 is anything like this or not I still think that this would make a great game.
Page: 1 of 1